What have you been up to lately?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that we have a proper shop my 15yo son and I have been doing a lot of work to the trans am. She was bone stock with 60k miles on her just 2 months ago. We just buttoned up the suspension upgrades along with new wheels and tires. It also got all new brakes along with stainless brake lines and a complete tune up. Next up is a gear swap and 3600 stall converter a local shop is doing for us first week of October. This winter the engine will get built and all the necessary safety equipment ( roll cage, seats, etc) will go in. Next season we intend to bracket race it In the summit points series.

I still manage to learn something new, like what a stall converter does. I always wondered how they did that

The sciatica is better but I'm still moving around a little gingerly. So, yesterday I did a tune-up on an old Garcia Mitchell 300 I bought a few years back at a garage sale. It is one of the made in France models. It has no particular value from a collector's standpoint. I like it because it brings back fond memories.

I stripped it down completely, cleaned off all the old goopy stuff, & put it back together with new lubricants. All the parts were still in good shape. Now I need to find a rod to put it on.

Next up is my old Penn 720Z (made in USA).

BTW, I bookmark a link to 2nd Chance Tackle on You Tube. Guy has a big library with reel repair videos. If you really want to get down into the weeds, I learned from these boards about a very comprehensive reel repair site called "Reel Repair by Alan Tani" (alantani.com).

Last edited: