What should I do?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishonsc

Reaction score
New member. Long time reader. I have a 1436 jon boat with a 25hp evinrude short shaft. Looking to pick up a 1648 and would like to keep my 25hp motor. It runs like a top. Will I regret getting the 15 inch tramson and keeping my motor or should I sell it and get the 20 inch tramson? Looking at the alumacraft 1648 mv ncs. Thanks.

If you allready have a good short shaft motor I would just go with the 15" transom boat. I bought a alumacraft mv 1648 ncs last year and love it. Mine has the taller transom but I didnt already have a suitable motor. The taller transom helps a little with keeping water from splashing over the back when anchored or when your runing on plane then left off gas all at once .

What kind of water are you fishing on? Is it rough or usually always calm? The advantage to a high transom is that it is less likely to get water over it, otherwise, I don't think it matters.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=353850#p353850 said:
surfman » 28 May 2014, 07:34[/url]"]What kind of water are you fishing on? Is it rough or usually always calm? The advantage to a high transom is that it is less likely to get water over it, otherwise, I don't think it matters.

This is going to be my river/swamp boat. Have a high tide for the lake. I went ahead and got the 15" transom. Now I have to find time to go pick it up. Got the alumacraft 1648 mv ncs with a floor.

*Hijack*

I love how some of your guys problems is which boat to consider, and motor shaft lengthy accordingly..

While I am struggling over here just to get paint done and whether or not my boat will successfully float.
With my 7.5 hp Evinrude...
HA.

In either case, good luck. Hope all runs well and successfully boating.

Latest posts