Your ONE favorite rod that you own TODAY?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AN early 60's model Browning Silaflex I found in a thrift store missing a few guides. Two piece rod, aluminum rings for a reel seat, refinished with new guides and an el-cheapo BassPro spinning reel... Slow action and I can cast lures or bait with it more accurately than any other rod I own.

A golden oldie 9 ft made in the USA cabella's fish eagle salmon steelhead rod with a Abu Garcia cardinal#3 pro max .I own newer and fancier, but for distance and playing with big speckled trout and redfish it's the 1st I go to.

a visiting friend from canada broke his travel rod, and he left it with me. with a little effort on repairs, it's now my prized rod(even if it cost me nothing). it is a 3 piece cabela's salt striker travel rod. 7ft, fast action, 15-20lb. a tad heavy for all day fishing, but because it comes in a tube which fits in my backpack, i have always managed to bring in anywhere, and therefore it has caught a wide range of species. from tiny river panfish, up to pelagics and groupers from the blue sea. it beats my fancy JDM bass rods when it comes to number of fish slayed.

This year I stepped up to an American Rodsmiths H3 Titanium Ultra 'Wader Light'. I was initially impressed with the quality and feel of the rod, but after using it a couple times it has quickly become my favorite 'go to' rod. I am still in search for my favorite reel, I will use either my citica or curado on it at times but I am thinking of going with lew's next year. I have only heard good things about them.

Cartman said:
This year I stepped up to an American Rodsmiths H3 Titanium Ultra 'Wader Light'. I was initially impressed with the quality and feel of the rod, but after using it a couple times it has quickly become my favorite 'go to' rod. I am still in search for my favorite reel, I will use either my citica or curado on it at times but I am thinking of going with lew's next year. I have only heard good things about them.

I have a Lews TS1H that was an impulse buy. It's still gets more use than most of my other reels.

My favorites are all 4 of my custom built Texas Longhorn 7' rods built on 7' St Croix blank with a Shimano Curado 200BSF on each, love em all.

My favorite rod is my 8' 6" 4 wt. G Loomis GL3 fly rod. I guess a fly rod would be in the minority here but it's by far the best rod I've ever owned.

St. Croix Mojo Musky 8' H Fast action with a Abu Garcia Revo Toro Winch 60 spooled with 80lb power pro. Use it mostly for Winching in double 10 blades, or Musky Innovations Magnum or "Pounder" bulldawgs

....two of my favorites. Rods are built near Houston.
H&H P-813 Kevlar 6'9"
H&H P-843 7' graphite
Both rods with Lew's TS1SH Tournement reels.

Galveston340 said:
H&H P-813 Kevlar 6'9"
H&H P-843 7' graphite

Can't speak for the rods, but those reels are sweet. I use one of those for my plastics.

fender66 said:
Galveston340 said:
H&H P-813 Kevlar 6'9"
H&H P-843 7' graphite

Can't speak for the rods, but those reels are sweet. I use one of those for my plastics.

...Thanks! The rods are custom builds made by a fireman in Sugarland,Texas just south of Houston. The reels I also use for plastics down here. You can Google H&H Rods Houston and there are some thread posts that show up.

Latest posts