1436 Jon project kinda done

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man oh man, didn't realize how long its been. It was nice getting out today(just had too)

Check out the grin under that hat
DSC03993-1.jpg

He loved it.

man it was nice, hurry up asinz waters waiting :lol:

DSC03995-1.jpg

Jim said:
WOW! Look at that water...It looks like a spring fed lake...Crystal clear!

How was the boat?

How was the fishing?

Your killing us here!

:lol: yea it was killen me too.

The boat did great, I was worried about weight, It stood on top of the water, it did better than I expected. No leaks Ha! And comfy. everything was right where I wanted it. I will change the TM bow mount soon or hopefully get a foot conroll and pop this one on the back.

The battry did O.K. I think. brand new from wal-mart model 29. it showed 2/3rds left on charge when we came back, that was about 3 hours of fishing. I don't think it should've been that low.

Yes the lake is natural, water was 51 degrees, we had a 14 mph wind today. deepest part is 8' deep. This lake has mostly littles ones, and cotton mouths too :shock: but it is the closes one to try out the boat.

Couple bites today nothen fancy, tomorrow I'm a try some where else.

Man it was great tho, I need to read up on my hummingbird tho :lol:

Looks great. How was the stability? Your boat is setup very similar to mine and that was the big thing on my mind. I didn't want to get it out on the water after spending so much time and money and it not feel safe. What is the dimension from butt to floor of the front seat?

Awesome work. Your boat looks great. Now you have one sweet fishing machine that you and your son will remember building your entire lives.

tornado said:
Looks great. How was the stability? Your boat is setup very similar to mine and that was the big thing on my mind. I didn't want to get it out on the water after spending so much time and money and it not feel safe. What is the dimension from butt to floor of the front seat?

Thanks.

The stability was better than I thought. you can still tip it if your not carefull. example is me and my son, I'm 250# he's 110# and he's 10 yrs old, so I was worried about him getting excited and the boat would tip easy from our wieght differance. It is not the case, boat is stable for us but, I would not take it in big river waters. Its my own comfort level.

You know theres some that get very excited when a fish is on, some jump up wildly in the fever, I would not want to fish with them in my boat. Now you can still get aggresive on setting the hook if needed, but there is a limit for the boat, once again I'm happy with it and satisfied.

I did not deck above the seat, and I recommend this for 36" wide jon's, as for the measurment I think its around 12" deep under the seat. Later tonight I'll double check it.

Have a good'en

I thought of this idea if my boat if it felt tippy. Glue some 4" or 6" vinyl base(used on the base of a wall in a commercial building) on the bottom of the boat. This should slow the roll rate of the boat by making it seem wider. They would flex if you run into something. See attached PDF.

Attachments

• vinyl base.pdf
    11 KB · Views: 167
I think that they might work. The problem that I see is that they may push the water making the boat really slow. Only one way to find out!

It you are worried about stability, add some outriggers, like they make for canoes

blake1.jpg

I don't think my boat will be bad, it was just my backup plan. Maybe someone who put a tall deck on a 1232 needs to be my guinea pig. But if anyone did that they might want those outriggers! Your right it might slow an outboard equiped boat, but mine is trolling motor only.