14ft Monark Jon Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
contact cement, forgot the brand but got mine at wal mart, any good brand should do. just follow directions, apply over BOTH surfaces, carpet and decking, all the way to edges, wait 10-15 minutes, press hard all over it. and you can start stapling.make sure you allow a good 1/4inch gap between edges for carpet thickness

Attachments

• 999.jpg
    999.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 2,532
Thanks man! Check out this deal I got at Wal*Mart. That will teach my wife to send me grocery shopping.

Also, does anyone have any ideas on bow/stern lights? How I should I set them up? Like I said before, I like to bass fish but I love to crappie and catfish at night.

Another thing I want to do is put lights between the back and front deck where I will keep the fish. Do you think that RV/Camping lights (look like x-mas tree lights wrapped) will work? or is there something better?

Attachments

• boat 101.jpg
    boat 101.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1,808
For the lighting you've got a couple options, the best IMO is to go with red or green LED's. Check out bluewater LED's I got some small LED's from him for a great deal 3.99 for a set of 2 (don't know if he's still running it or not), I'll take some pics and post them for you, they draw practically no battery, put out good light, and are easy to mount

i would check wal mart again for lights and sockets. i got tons of stuff for mine there on clearance the past few weeks, if you have other walmarts in area check them out. we have about 6 walmarts here within 20 minutes of each other and their inventory varied widely. getting it all at about half price is NICE! i suggest the flush mount sockets that you put the light pole in, that way it's not in the way and you can store the light poles under deck somewhere.

THE WHITE HOG!

Anyways, here is what I did tonight.

Attachments

• boat 111.jpg
    boat 111.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,706
  • boat 131.jpg
    boat 131.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,705
  • boat 122.jpg
    boat 122.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,703
  • boat 104.jpg
    boat 104.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,707
  • boat 115.jpg
    boat 115.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 1,707
What do you guys think about putting my battery in the front and sliding it over like the pics show?

will that be too much weight in the front? will sliding it everytime cause problems?

Attachments

• boat 134.jpg
    boat 134.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,711
  • boat 133.jpg
    boat 133.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 1,703
Got the front deck built! Now I am waiting on the carpet.

Also, what do you think about my seats matching my seat covers that are in my truck. I think it would be cool.

Let me know what you think and if there is anything I should add.

Attachments

• boat 143.jpg
    boat 143.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,717
  • boat 141.jpg
    boat 141.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,704
  • boat 142.jpg
    boat 142.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 1,709
  • boat 139.jpg
    boat 139.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 1,705
  • boat 135.jpg
    boat 135.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 1,705
Looks really good.

I do have one suggestion that I wish I would have thought about when cutting my storage lids out. Don't for get that when you fold your carpet under to leave room for about a 1/4" and then another for the lid. I had to put another peice of wood on the inside of my frames for the lid to sit on because I did not leave enough room. I can't really see for sure on your picture but I just thought that i would throw that out there for you.

Looks really good, I can't wait to see the carpet on there. By the way heck of a deal on those seat bases. The cheapest ones at my wal-mart are close to $30.00.

Have you had it in the water yet to check the attitude of the boat with all of your additions? I would do that before I located my battery. :wink:

Once I carpet the deck, Would it be a bad idea to F26 it to the 2x2's? And if it is a bad idea, how do people secure their deck without showing screws?

atleast until its dry to the touch and not tacky... shouldn't be but a few hours if it's exposed to the sun

I am trying to save a trip so does anyone know if Wal*Mart carries Flush Latches? This is the last thing I have to cut out before I can seal and carpet.

i've seen them there, had them on clearance last week, but still little pricey. i bought a black cordura strap from their camping section and used that as loops for my hatches. easy to grab yet you don't trip over them. stapled on the bottom of hatch it makes a clean handle and some of the 'fancy' bass boats use the same thing.

grizzly said:
i've seen them there, had them on clearance last week, but still little pricey. i bought a black cordura strap from their camping section and used that as loops for my hatches. easy to grab yet you don't trip over them. stapled on the bottom of hatch it makes a clean handle and some of the 'fancy' bass boats use the same thing.

heck yeah! I didn't think about that. So you have them going all the way across with no slack? or maybe just lose enough to slip your fingers under?

some more pics!

Attachments

• boat 145.jpg
    boat 145.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,547
  • boat 146.jpg
    boat 146.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,541
  • boat 151.jpg
    boat 151.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 1,546
  • boat 158.jpg