14ft Monark Jon Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
water proofing

Attachments

• boat 161.jpg
    boat 161.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,551
  • boat 164.jpg
    boat 164.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 1,552
  • boat 165.jpg
    boat 165.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 1,543
  • boat 168.jpg
    boat 168.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,544
carpeting! wow I am really dumb. My first cut was for the main deck for the front of the boat. I was in a hurry and kept trying to make all of the parts fit. While doing this I flipped my deck face up and cut the carpet face down. Long story short, I have to order some more carpet.

Attachments

• boat 170.jpg
    boat 170.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,543
  • boat 171.jpg
    boat 171.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 1,547
  • boat 169.jpg
    boat 169.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,542
  • boat 172.jpg
    boat 172.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,544
Got to order some carpet before I can finish!

*pointers- make sure you double check that your boards are laying the correct direction and make sure you see how the carpet looks when light hits it. trust me on this one. It will look lite grey on one side of the boat and then on the other it will look dark grey and if you have them miss-matched it will look two-toned.

Attachments

• boat 185.jpg
    boat 185.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,549
  • boat 181.jpg
    boat 181.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,550
  • boat 176.jpg
    boat 176.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 1,548
  • boat 175.jpg
    boat 175.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,545
  • boat 173.jpg
    boat 173.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,546
Nick Jones said:
carpeting! wow i am really dumb. My first cut was the main deck for the front boat. I was in a hurry and kept trying to make all of the parts fit. while doing this I flipped my deck face up and cut the carpet face down. Long story short, I have to order some more carpet.

It happens. Ever heard of Murphy's Law? When I rebuilt our interior stairs last year, I measured, and measured again, and went to cut the very first step. Cut that sucker an inch too short (I forgot to add the overhang on the left side). So much for that $25 oak step, so I had to go buy another one. :roll:

Hope you've got some good ventilation while using that contact cement. Those fumes will do ya in ! :shock:

The carpeting job looks good ! 8)

It will look lite grey on one side of the boat and then on the other it will look dark grey and if you have them mix matched it will look two-toned.

When I got ready to do my carpet I actually thoght of having maybe a 12"-16" wide section of carpet a darker gray running down the length of the boat on centerline, and then have lighter gray carpet on each side of it. Just didn't take the time to find a piece of darker gray.

Looking good! Our Monarks are gonna be a force to be reckoned with. I'm thinking with my black monark and your white one surely we could do great things for the world together! =D> . Anyhow, I also really like your seats, they're just unique. I made one small mistake on my carpetting and that was I cut pieces from the bottom so all I saw was the rubber backing, well every place I have a hatch or a door, the grain of the carpet is going opposite the deck! Small thing, but I notice it.

Also, are you going to put the name "monark" on your boat anywhere? I'm seriously debating about getting the newer SeaArk logo for my boat. It would make it look cooler, and I think it would help it sell better if I ever wanted to. Then again, if I went Monark, it would be more retro... anyhow, I really like it! I'm going to sand, prime, and put my topcoat on my trailer before church tonight! (I hope)

Nick Jones said:
grizzly said:
i've seen them there, had them on clearance last week, but still little pricey. i bought a black cordura strap from their camping section and used that as loops for my hatches. easy to grab yet you don't trip over them. stapled on the bottom of hatch it makes a clean handle and some of the 'fancy' bass boats use the same thing.

heck yeah! I didn't think about that. So you have them going all the way across with no slack? or maybe just lose enough to slip your fingers under?
just a 6" piece folded over itself and stapled under hatch, you can see it in my pictures, 12'smokercraft shallow vee. i still dont know how to link.

Could you guy's give me some suggestions on how to permanently attach my decks. I do not want to screw them down. I was thinking of using f26 but my father-n-law told me not to get it on the rubber backing because it may melt it. Any Ideas or suggestion on what to use?

Ok! I basically got finished with the boat this weekend. I have a few details to finish but I should have some pics tonight.

Another thing though, I am trying to hook up a trolling motor plug and can't seem to get it to work. I can take the wires out of the plug and the trolling motor works fine. I think I may have a bad one. I put the (-) in slot one on both side and the (+) in slot 2 on both sides like the directions state. Any advice on this?

Nick Jones said:
Ok! I basically got finished with the boat this weekend. I have a few details to finish but I should have some pics tonight.

Another thing though, I am trying to hook up a trolling motor plug and can't seem to get it to work. I can take the wires out of the plug and the trolling motor works fine. I think I may have a bad one. I put the (-) in slot one on both side and the (+) in slot 2 on both sides like the directions state. Any advice on this?

You could take an ohm meter and check the plug, but it sounds like you are right. Even if you had the polarity wrong it should run backwards, but still run.

Use a multi meter like he said above,see if there is 12 volts coming out.
Never no maybe the way you have it hooked up the wires are shorted?
Just guessing.

All I have to do is attach the deck and hinges.

Attachments

• boat 213.jpg
    boat 213.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 1,500
  • boat 215.jpg
    boat 215.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 1,497
  • boat 211.jpg
    boat 211.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 1,500
  • boat 206.jpg
    boat 206.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,496
  • boat 203.jpg
    boat 203.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 1,514

Attachments

• boat 205.jpg
    boat 205.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 1,578
  • boat 191.jpg
    boat 191.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 1,577
  • boat 188.jpg
    boat 188.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 1,587
  • boat 187.jpg
    boat 187.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 1,583
  • boat 186.jpg
    boat 186.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,581
Looking good. =D>

Is it just me or does that front pedestal pole look like it is 3 feet long? :mrgreen:

Have you had it in the water yet? I'm just wondering how tippy it is going to be now. That tall seat on a relatively narrow boat looks like a fine way to take a bath when you least expect it. :shock:

Quackrstackr said:
Looking good. =D>

Is it just me or does that front pedestal pole look like it is 3 feet long? :mrgreen:

Have you had it in the water yet? I'm just wondering how tippy it is going to be now. That tall seat on a relatively narrow boat looks like a fine way to take a bath when you least expect it. :shock:

lol! Tell me about it. I couldn't find a bar the right length. It was either 11 inch or 24 so I cut it down to 18 inches.

I have had it in the water but not since I added the pole. I switched to 4 tens at work so Friday and Saturday "IT IS ON".

oh yeah, i am seriously trying to talk my wife into letting me come to the retreat in October. Are you going to be there?

I wish that I could make it as it may well be the closest one to me that is ever held.

That weekend is the weekend that we always have my 4 year old daughter's birthday party. Dad would have to live underneath the dog house if I wasn't here for that one.

Latest posts