1542 War Eagle with 25hp yammer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNtroller

Reaction score
Anyone got 1st hand experience with the War Eagle line of boats, found a 06 1542 FLD with a 2012 25 yammer 4stroke, and a haul rite trailer, has the pods in the corners of the transom with a seat base between the pods so no rear bench seat which is ok with me in my mind. No benches at all. Low front deck with seat base there. boat appears to be in good shape/condition, well maintained based on pics only. fair price would be ???

If it's REALLY clean and well maintained, $3800-$4500 is what they typically bring around here. Average condition, around $3000-$3300ish. If it were an Edge or Havoc boat, you'd see another $1000 added to value (according to demand). Not saying War Eagle is a bad boat; they just don't have the demand that they used to. I'd still buy one if I were buying a new boat because there's features that I hate about the other 2 aforementioned boats-at least for what I do with a boat.

The 4 stroke is a heavy beast of a motor on just a 542. It works excellent, but it's heavy. And I hate pod seating, especially on a 542. Once you put a tank and a battery back there, there's no place for your feet. Or if you take an extra buddy and put a seat on each pod, you're bumping knees. Also those pods are a duck hunting thing; meaning if you were to end up selling it later to upgrade to a 548, it might affect resale a little. Unless you're in duck country.

The trailer....it will work. Would like to see a Diamond City or something similar under that nice boat, but a haul rite has 2 wheels and a ball hitch so it'll get the job done.

There are some duck hunters around E TN, but I'm not one. I fish solo 99.9% of the time, and troll for crappie, so this open floor set up looks appealing to me as I'm looking for something that will be more stable with a lower center of gravity since there are no elevated decks to speak of. I'm not sure the 42" bottom would be that stable from boat wakes and waves, etc., as I've never had one this size. Current boat is a Tracker PT175 with raised platforms front and back, waves and wakes can rock it pretty good (like most tin boats). My knees and back are not getting along with the rocking motion or climbing up and down on the platforms. LOL..

Thanks for the info, I thought the current owner had a high opinion of his boat, but don't we all for the most part. Your comments give food for thought. Thanks again.

Latest posts