1984 bass tracker tournament tx redeaux

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 or 4 layers of 10ga steel between the trailer anchors and the bunk wood. I suggest steel over wood b/c its not going to crack & split. Aluminum would be in contact w/ mild steel, so that wouldn't go well. Try this onlinemetals.com looks like the top of the trailer anchor point under the bunks is about 2"x3", and there are 6 of them so with a 12x12 sheet you should be able to make them all.

Your boat and trailer looks great! I am starting on a 87 tracker tx17. Mine was not In quite as good shape as yours when I got it. I will try to include a few pics of my progress. This is my first boat , it is very helpful seeing how others are doing things! Keep sending pics as you make progress.

Looks good dude! Have you started a build thread yet? What kind of ply wood did you use? Id suggest you use something to water proof it a bit. You can use epoxy but that gets STUPID expensive STUPID quick! I fiberglassed mine with fiberglass mat and poly resin. After i did it i found out that poly resin is not the greatest thing to use. Spar varnish seems to be ok if your on a budget, and better then nothing. I try to do a little something every night after work so that i can see progress. Worked on my steering wheel tonight.

IMG_2248.JPGIMG_2247.JPGStarted laying carpet on my back deck...... most ridiculous time consuming scary thing ever!!

Sweet! I may have some questions for you when I get to this point.i do not remember how it was carpeted originally. How many separate pieces is it to do the back?

Bowlershop said:
Sweet! I may have some questions for you when I get to this point.i do not remember how it was carpeted originally. How many separate pieces is it to do the back?
Man this thing is ruff to lay carpet in. I used to install carpet professionally and i really struggled with this. I am VERY picky though. I am carpeting it exactly how it was done originally. Its all one piece from the stern up to the 90* drop downs there in the seat well. The seat well is one piece wrapping down over the lip with a seam right there to the side of the live well. There is a small strip that runs right infromt of the live well. The sections of the live well that you can see not finished are rather difficult to do. My advice is buy quality carpet and use a new razor blade for every cut. Im worried you are going to see my seams there around the live well, but it is what it is. Im pretty darn happy with it thus far. Im goimg to get out there here in a bit and finish up the carpet around the well. I will post pictures for you when i am done. Hopefully it comes out ok. I will take pics pointing where the seams are that i made. This is a very difficult boat to carpet because of the deck layout. Total peices is 8 with a couple of little fillers around the lip where the hatches close. I will point those out in my pics this evening. They aint great, but there covered up by the doors, soooo yeah.... im the only one that will know they are there. Drives me crazy though! Lol

If i run my original metal 6 gallon quicksilver fuel tanks how do i ground them for static? Will a fuel tank tie down strap be sufficent, or do i need to run a wire to the neg on my battery? Thanks ya'll

Latest posts