2008 Labor Day Back to school tournament

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck to all the fisherdudes and fishetts, remember Momz and Popz, keep that blood pressure down, from the start of the tourney to the end its all about having fun so sit back, relax and watch the torch carriers of our great sport do their thing or maybe not.

ENJOY EVERYONE

8/30/08 - Anthony Jr. and I went fishing at Corson Park in Millville NJ. He did all the reeling except getting it through some slop near the edge. He used a mini-tube on a jig head tipped with gulp maggots.

100_4604.jpg

Here is little Joey's first submission for the weekend: Caught TWO little bluegills, casted all by himself for the first one, reeled it in all by him self, BUT - he was a little afraid of his catch - hard to get him to pose with it :( He still wanted to catch another, and, after a while, he did - with our urging to pull hard when the bobber went under, he caught it, and reeled it it in, all by himself. STILL afraid of his catch and hard to get him to pose with it.

Legbrkr put on a TinBoats T-shirt for a pictue of the first catch and I (Fishingcop) stood in to get extra points by having two members in the picture with our little angler...

Can't figure out how to get theses in order????? Everytime I add a picture, it puts it in front of the last one???? Oh well, you can figure out the progression of our 20 minute fishing trip :lol: :lol:

Hoping to get out again tomorrow for some more action on the neighborhood pond :DView attachment 6043.JPG032.JPG

Attachments

• 040[2].JPG
    040[2].JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,331
  • 038[1].JPG
    038[1].JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,331
  • 033[1].JPG
    033[1].JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,332
  • 039[1].JPG
    039[1].JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,332
Getting started
IMG_0264-1.jpg

Max has picked the spot
IMG_0266.jpg

Our first strike
IMG_0285.jpg

Tournament intensity
IMG_0293.jpg

Mason lands The mighty bluegill
IMG_0287.jpg

As does Max
IMG_0309.jpg

Showing the love!!!!
IMG_0297.jpg

I took my son out Sunday and managed 2 sunnies. Spotted two bass but couldn'r get them to eat the worms. It was alot of fun.

Attachments

• DSC03769.JPG
    DSC03769.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 1,117
Took the family to a local camp site for the weekend.All of us in this tent, brings us together:labor day 006.jpg
There are 84 sites and the place was packed.When I finally found my kids on Saturday to go fishing,they were having so much fun they didn't want to go:(..so I went by myself,knowing that there was still Sun.and Mon to get them to go.Sunday was another non-fishing day,so that left today and what a crappy weather day it was.Blowing,half rainy the young fella still wanted to go,so we loaded up to try our luck on a new Lake.It was a crystal clear lake but I thought with the wind it still might be good.I was wrong,it was tough and the bite was sloooow;between us only landed 16 fish.Found out later there was a little tournament the day before.
I let Sam use the trolling motor for as long as he wanted,which wasn't to long being as windy and cold as it was:labor day 007.jpg
He landed a few small fish using a salt/pepper curly tail,only losing one fish of any real size.labor day 008.jpg
Will do it again soon,gotta git him a better rod/reel combo,maybe for Christmas...Does anyone have any ideas on a combo for around $100,hes 11 and will take good care of it.

Nice pics everyone, looks like we all had a good one :)

sorry Jim no photos, things went the other way for me Saturday thru Sunday. we still had fun just didn't catch no sunny's

We'll do it again, next time :wink:

Well we stopped by Seymour Bait & Tackle this morning, picked up some crickets and ice and head to Douglas. We got there around 8:30am and launched. There were only 15-20 boats on the ramp. We took off a little ways up the lake and started fishing. We bluegill fished and swam on an off until noon. It got hot fast, so we found a shady spot and had lunch. After lunch we fished and swam some more until around 3pm when we called it a day. My oldest won the day with 12 bluegill. My youngest (with a little help from dad) ended the day with 8 bluegill and one smallmouth. The wife ended up with 4. God blessed again and everyone had a great time! Thanks the Lord for the great day!

Below is a link to the slideshow and a photo album of still shots check them out.

Photo Album:
https://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z136/G3_Guy/Fishing%20Pics/TN%20-%20Douglas/SEP%2001%202008/

Slideshow:
https://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z136/G3_Guy/Fishing%20Pics/TN%20-%20Douglas/SEP%2001%202008/?action=view&current=e9d493bf.pbw

IMG_7909.jpg

IMG_7925.jpg

THANKS AGAIN JIM... we had a blast! Well we hit our little honey hole for this one. If I didn't have a freezer full already I could have cleaned a ton. My nephew Daylen bagged 14, Taylor pulled in 6 including her first one on a spinning rod (should have seen her face when the drag started singing), my son Nicholas caught 2 and then played in the woods chasing critters (my nephew told him he only had to catch one to win a prize :lol: ), and I caught and released 25 keeper gills. It was a blast!!!!!!!!! Here are few pics:

Nicholas
Aug312008003.jpg

Aug312008010.jpg

Taylor
Aug312008005.jpg

Aug312008007.jpg

Aug312008011.jpg

Daylen
Aug312008015.jpg

Aug312008004.jpg

And one of me (my daughter said " you can't win, but I want to see your picture on the computer anyway :lol: )
Aug312008013.jpg

Latest posts