2022 G3 17' CCJ - Rigging

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Battery Tender makes good products but that connector is insanely expensive at $63 to $120.

Yes, it was expensive. It does seem well built and has a 5 year warrantee. Hopefully, will never need to replace it.

MK has something similar, for just over $100.

I came up about 6" short on the 6 AWG cable. I did not account for the reoriented batteries. Also need some lugs with 1/4" holes. :( Anyway, I'll return and get longer.

Re-installed the 8 AWG wiring. The max draw on the trolling motor is only 42A. I think the 8 AWG is good for 50+ A, and it is less than a 10' run.

The chargers were moved 4" higher on the same inside wall of the console. The fire ext had to be moved outside, mounted on the non-walk around side.

Able to keep the cellphone cubby.

Included a close-up pic of the connector.

We store only light items on the tray, such as the throw life vest, spare vest, clothing, and screen covers.

Attachments

• IMG_0029.jpg
    IMG_0029.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0030 (1).jpg
    IMG_0030 (1).jpg
    208 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0032.jpg
    IMG_0032.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0033 (1).jpg
    IMG_0033 (1).jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0034 (1).jpg
    IMG_0034 (1).jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 0
Added some black plastic along the front to mount the volt/capacity meters to. Low cost meters and kind of a pain to work with. Still haven't figured out how to get to advanced settings. The basic settings allow for Acid/Li/LiFePO4 and the number of cells. Set to LiFePO4 4 cells. Put each on seperate on/off switches. Something to monitor them with vs going in with the multi-meter.

Attachments

• IMG_0036 (1).jpg
    IMG_0036 (1).jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0035.jpg
    IMG_0035.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 0
Good looking connectors. I had some problems with my Marineco connector when using it continuously on my big boat. It didn't fail, but when I went to unplug it, it wouldn't. It had gotten hot enough to melt the plug into the socket. It wasn't too hard to get out, but that was an eye-opener.

It was the same day that I overheated the Riptide, so it was probably a good thing the motor quit when it did. I have to remember to keep it less than 85% for continuous running with the heavy boat.