Alumacraft 1448MV - Catfish, Casting & Bowfishing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave11 said:
River, nice job on that deck. I like the hatches. Are you able to stand on them without them giving? I have been tossing around the idea buying those kind of hatches.

Howdy Dave,
The hatches are STOUT and do not leak in the rain. I walk/stand on them all day long...don't even notice them. No buyer's remorse here.

Take care,

Hoping to shoot some video of my tinny with her new Yammy this weekend. In the meantime, here's a bowfishing pic with my tinny in the background.

47 Fish Whacked & Stacked In My Nameless Tinboat
47_kills.jpg

Is it possible that you could show us what the guide ons look like where they are attached to the trailer? I'm curious about how much of the ladder stabilizer is on the trailer and about how much is in the pvc pipe itself.

Really like your boat River and I am completely with you on your thoughts of aluminum only. I myself have spent entirely way too much money for nothing on wood, carpet etc in my life and aluminum and stainless fasteners is the way to go, yes, one must save his dollars to build one like that but it's worth it in the end and no more redoing the boat every 5 years or so! Keep posting some of those bow fishin shots too! :LOL2:

Cut a hole in the stern facing vertical face of my middle seat. I found two types of foam. Plain old white Styrofoam molded block on top of another type foam. I took out the Styrofoam and left the other. I'm using the space under the seat for more storage and it will make it easier to bolt my seats on. I was surprised how structural support the Styrofoam was. The seat sagged and was a little springing once the Styrofoam was removed.

Cut the hole with a jigsaw. 32/inch toothed blade.
Lined the hole with rubber trim that I found on https://greatlakesskipper.com/.

LINK TO RUBBER TRIM
https://greatlakesskipper.com/product/5_320_323-boat-deck-and-docking-hardware-trim-lock/13969-tracker-boats-tracker-18-in-edge-trim-w-pebble-texture-black-trim-lock-boat-molding-foot.html

storage_holepg.jpg

Styrofoam melts when mixed with gas so they used two types. Mine is the same way. The front is a huge peice of 1/2" plywood riveted to the deck over styrofoam.

Jamie

Oh my!!! Now that's comfy!!! GOT SEATS????

I bought my seats a while back. Wise Big Man fishing seats and I sprung for arm rests for both. These seats are for catfishing and chillaxing. There is no doubt that the seats are money well spent. By far the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in.

Seat Install
-Started off with measurements and drawings. Using a compass I plotted so that the seats could be far enough apart to walk through but still able to rotate 360.

-Cut a hole in the middle seat and removed foam. This gave me more storage and allowed easy access to bolt the seats on. After removing the foam the middle seat was very springy.

-Mounted an aluminum plate with stainless steel hardware from Fastenal. Used a hole saw to cut the hole for the seat pedestals and bolted those in place.

- Next was tape, primer and paint.

- Final touch was installing my Cabelas seat pad on the rear seat. I don't like sitting in a chair while driving the tiller. I like to slide around to change my weight distribution. The seat is really nice, I like it and would but it again.

The Plate
DSC_0405.jpg

Mounting and Drilling
seat2.jpg

Rotates 360
seat3.jpg

seat4.jpg

Installed Seat Pad
seat6.jpg

seat5.jpg

Seats Are Finito!
seat7.jpg

She's coming along....slowly but surely...

It seems that the weight of a 4 stroke is an ongoing topic on here. I thought I would throw up some pics to show that the extra weight of my 25 Yammy 4-stroke made really no difference in how my boat drafts.

Sittin' Pretty
sitting1-1.jpg

Lil' Close Up
sitting2-1.jpg

Short Shaft...Size Does Matter...
sitting3-1.jpg

Anyway...I hope this helps out the folks wondering about the extra weight of a 4 stroke.

Bilge Pump installed....but not wired.

Bought, installed and tested an Attwood Tsunami 800 GPH bilge pump.

How I did it:
If you look back in the post about mounting the seats you'll see my Dad running a hole saw. The leftover circular piece from the jon boat bench seat was the exact same size as the bilge pump. I marked, drilled and countersunk the holes so that the flush mount screws would be completely flush. Then using nylon nuts I secured the pump housing to it. Using a pneumatic angel grinder I removed the paint from were I wanted to attach the bilge. Then epoxied it down. Routed the hose and installed the through-hull fitting. Pretty simple.

To test it filled the boat up with water and wired the pump directly to the battery. I knew that a 800 GPH pump would be more than enough for my little tinny. This thing shots a stream of water like it's hooked up to city water. It really does some pumping.

Mounting bracket epoxied to hull. Pump house secured on with nylon nuts.
DSC_0423.jpg

Hose and through-hull fitting.
DSC_0422.jpg

Another look at it
DSC_0420.jpg

Covers

Well...I wish I had the extra money to spend on a carport of some type to keep my boat under. But alas, I am a working working man. ;-)

I ordered this cover from Cabelas: https://www.cabelas.com/catalog/pro...706&type=product&WT.tsrc=CRR&WT.mc_id=crrdtfd

The 14ft was not wide enough to fit the stern of my 1448. I had to sent it back for the 16ft cover. 16ft is a little long. I made a rib from PVC to hold up the cover so that it would shed the rain. Noting fancy...didn't even glue it together.

I also bought a new coat for my Yammy. She liked it.

PVC
DSC_0408.jpg

DSC_0409.jpg

Covers
DSC_0430.jpg

DSC_0427.jpg

DSC_0429.jpg

Good stuff! I have the same pad from Cabelas and like it too. You are doing the right thing by keeping your equipment out of the elements; good luck and tight lines! 8)

Nice job, RiverBottomOutdoors.
I need to do something similar. Are those just T-connections on the ends of PVC pipe? What size pipe did you use? Thanks for sharing.

jasper60103 said:
I need to do something similar. Are those just T-connections on the ends of PVC pipe? What size pipe did you use? Thanks for sharing.

1/2" SCH40 PVC & 1/2" Non-threaded PVC Ts.

Didn't bother to glue them, just kept trimming it until it fit.

RiverBottomOutdoors said:
jasper60103 said:

1/2" SCH40 PVC & 1/2" Non-threaded PVC Ts.

Didn't bother to glue them, just kept trimming it until it fit.

Sounds good. Thanks.

Latest posts