Alumacraft 1448MV - Catfish, Casting & Bowfishing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Driftmasters came in yesterday. I immediately slapped them on. Thinking about testing them out this weekend, even though I don't usually catfish this time of year.

2012-01-17_16-56-28_964.jpg

2012-01-17_16-57-49_167.jpg

2012-01-17_16-57-12_42.jpg

Made a little progress on the boat today. Hydroturf cut, but not stuck yet.

Before: There's a later post about this hole.
storage_holepg.jpg

After: Rubber mat from Tractor Supply 1/2" thick, cut to size.
2012-01-22_11-15-21_553.jpg

2012-01-22_11-15-30_919.jpg

Hydroturf Duk Grass Cameaux from GatorTrax Boats. Cut but not stuck yet.
2012-01-22_13-52-25_875.jpg

2012-01-22_13-53-57_100.jpg

2012-01-22_13-52-58_78.jpg

Wow!!! That is one sweet 1448MV catfishing machine! I basically have the exact same boat that I use for catfishing, although my bow looks to be a little more pointed/modified that yours. Great job!

I've been thinking about extending my deck like that...the new livewell & battery compartment are in the extension right? Not in the original deck? I have a livewell in the center seat (boat came that way) and I'm always trying to decide if I want to put seats off to the side of the livewell lid and lift off a chair everytime I want new bait, or just use the livewell for dry storage and put a new livewell in (or just use a cooler) up front.

Thanks a great project. Thanks for posting the pics and including all the details!

Fishgeek said:
Wow!!! That is one sweet 1448MV catfishing machine! I basically have the exact same boat that I use for catfishing, although my bow looks to be a little more pointed/modified that yours. Great job!

I've been thinking about extending my deck like that...the new livewell & battery compartment are in the extension right? Not in the original deck? I have a livewell in the center seat (boat came that way) and I'm always trying to decide if I want to put seats off to the side of the livewell lid and lift off a chair everytime I want new bait, or just use the livewell for dry storage and put a new livewell in (or just use a cooler) up front.

Thanks a great project. Thanks for posting the pics and including all the details!

I left the factory deck in and built the new deck over it. Both compartments are in the new deck.

You could frame some type of lid/hinge for your middle seats. Then instead of taking the seat off to get to bait, you could just raise it up.

RiverBottomOutdoors said:
Fishgeek said:

I left the factory deck in and built the new deck over it. Both compartments are in the new deck.

You could frame some type of lid/hinge for your middle seats. Then instead of taking the seat off to get to bait, you could just raise it up.

That's something to consider! Thanks.

Blacklights mounted...and at the risk of tooting my own horn, they are badda$$.

Nucli-Eye Atom LED light in UV.
2012-01-28_13-30-39_93.jpg

2012-01-28_13-31-18_953.jpg

Custom fabricated mounting braket for Atom. Light comes with a set of suction cups.
2012-01-28_13-30-56_538.jpg

2012-01-28_13-31-29_946.jpg

Mounted to transom and painted.
2012-01-28_14-21-01_736.jpg

Starboard and port side blacklights mounted.
2012-01-28_14-21-10_366.jpg

Switched on. *Cell phone pic....best I could do for now.
2012-01-28_18-26-31_496.jpg

Jdholmes said:
Nice...why lack lights? Is that a catfishing thing or just a cool factor thing? ;)

Howdy Jd,
They are for fishing at night. Fishing line will flourece in UV. It's pretty cool. You flip these on and your line glows in the dark.

Finally found out just how fast my tinny will go. With me and Loretta, my French Bulldog, she managed to top out at 27mph. I think I have it balanced between hole-shot and top end. 27 ain't too bad....what do y'all think?

2012-01-29_15-37-58_757.jpg

27 mph is awsome on that rig!!!! great job!!!! I have enjoyed your thread on the build a great deal. It was like a good, short book I couldn't put down.....very solid job. I wish you and Lorretta lived colser, I'd take you guys out on the Missouri and Mississippi to chase some monster Blues. Lorretta looks like a sweet fishing partner.

Kudos to you!!!! you should be proud of that build =D>

Latest posts