Baptistpreach's 1436 Monark -100% 8/14

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, its taken a lot longer than I hoped to get more work done on it, but this morning at church I asked one of our teens to help me with it after the evening service, and we got some work done on the rear deck supports.

It was freeezing cold (in the teens) and my tiny space heater didn't really do anything, but we braved it, and made some good headway on the rear deck. Unfortunately, I ran out of screws! so I'm gonna pick some more up today, and my wife might be going to OKC, so I'll have her pick up some more supplies from Home Depot!

I couldn't use the braces on the boat because the 'livewell / storage' container I have was just a little too big to do that, so I finally thought, why not just make a "new" brace and attach it to the metal one that was factory. So, that's what I'm attempting to do here. I also will be able to remove the livewell completely with this setup in case it needs replacing, or I just don't want it in there for some reason.

Attachments

• Finished Product (Medium).jpg
    Finished Product (Medium).jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 2,617
  • DSC02187 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02187 (Medium).JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 2,614
  • DSC02186 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02186 (Medium).JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 2,618
  • DSC02184 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02184 (Medium).JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 2,618
  • DSC02180 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02180 (Medium).JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 2,617
  • DSC02178 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02178 (Medium).JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 2,615
are you going to make the top hinged? It's usually easier to do that before you screw it down...

I wish I had enough room in my boat to do that... I got the idea for a livewell from bassboy when we fished a tournament, and I've got it built (almost), but it takes up my whole center section almost. I ended up getting a 22 gal plastic tote instead of an 18 which I think is what he has.

Yea, I'm def. going to hinge the top, I'm planning on making it a two part deal where I can open one to put a regular sized fish in there, and when I grab the second section it will lift up both sections to put a bigger fish in, or to get all the fish out.

I'd like to use a piano hinge, but where is a good place to get one?

If I'm not mistaken , Home Depot and Lowe's has them, or your neighborhood hardware store, but will be cheaper at the others.

Looking good! =D>

When you are done I am going to copy the pictures into my gallery and then link them instead of using the attachment method. I don't want to lose any of your pictures If we ever move.

Jim said:
Looking good! =D>

When you are done I am going to copy the pictures into my gallery and then link them instead of using the attachment method. I don't want to lose any of your pictures If we ever move.

Thanks! I don't know if you say that to everyone but that is a real encouragement to me. I've got some cool ideas, hopefully when its done, I'll have a:

livewell with recirculating pump (more for big fish than bait fish) I'll use a bait bucket for minnows and perch.
I also will have lighted storage hatches under the deck, and prolly i'll put lights in the livewell, but just not sure (got those from the sponsor blue water LED)

I'm also gonna run red LED lights along the deck or green, whatever won't attract bugs at night (I'm looking at the LED light strips)! and in the open 'pit' area I'll put white or blue bright lights for retying, or getting hooks out, or just whenever I need good solid light. Of course all these will be on switches too.

I also have home made rod holders that I used PVC pipe to make that will be removable to put on the front and rear of the boat for trolling for crappie, and drift fishing for cats, all in all I will have 8 rod holders that are movable ( I haven't posted pics of those yet)

I have a home made rod holder that holds seven rods upright for storage while traveling

I have an anchor mate that will be installed too. Since I like the transom mount trolling motor, I'm making everything to function for the rear seat since that is where I'll be fishing from!

I'll have the regular stuff like carpet, and removable swivel seats too, and the last thing I'm planning on doing is painting the outside :) At this point my 50lb thrust MK trolling motor is the primary propulsion, once I sell my fiberglass boat, I'd like to put a 9.9 on it, but honestly, I don't really NEED it, the lake I'm fishing primarily is a no wake lake, so I'll only need it for other places

No one will be more excited to see it than me once its done, and I'm keeping track of everything I spend so I can break it down for someone looking to do it and count the cost. Thanks for the kind words to all!

I got my piano hinge from Home Depot. I think it was $10-11 for a 36" piece. Bassboy1 gets his from some other place and I think they are a little better quality than what I get, but I can't for the life of me remember where it is

Here's where I'm at now!

Attachments

• DSC02241 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02241 (Medium).JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 1,437
  • DSC02246 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02246 (Medium).JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 1,433
  • DSC02244 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02244 (Medium).JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 1,432
  • DSC02245 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02245 (Medium).JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,432
  • DSC02233 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02233 (Medium).JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,432
  • DSC02249 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02249 (Medium).JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 1,434
  • DSC02255 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02255 (Medium).JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,432
  • DSC02258 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02258 (Medium).JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 1,432
  • DSC02259 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02259 (Medium).JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,434
  • DSC02260 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02260 (Medium).JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,432
I get my hinges from aircraft spruce. The hinge itself is aluminum, and I don't have a clue what the pin material is. They do sell replacement stainless hinges, which I will put in mine, if it appears that mine are rusting (they are ferrous - but must be coated in something - haven't rusted yet).
https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/mepages/pianohinge.php

I beefed up the edge support on the front frame, cut out the storage hatches for the front and rear deck, and cut a piece that will house 2 really cool tackle boxes. Here it is.

I need to get the piano hinges, and my electrical wiring done before I can attach everything to the frame, but I'm going to carpet the deck tonight God willing.

Attachments

• DSC02415 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02415 (Medium).JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 1,363
  • DSC02434 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02434 (Medium).JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,364
  • DSC02431 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02431 (Medium).JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,361
  • DSC02394 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02394 (Medium).JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,363
  • DSC02423 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02423 (Medium).JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,363
  • DSC02422 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02422 (Medium).JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,364
Well.... I finished all of the carpetting, I just haven't got the pics on my comp yet, so I'm posting the first day of my carpetting job, just to keep the post active, I'll put the rest on once my wife finds the camera cord! #-o

Attachments

• DSC02450 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02450 (Medium).JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,334
  • DSC02447 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02447 (Medium).JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,334
  • DSC02449 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02449 (Medium).JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,335
I like the color of the carpet, it is looking really good. I cannot wait to see the final pics.

Thanks, tomorrow my wife will pick up my switch panel and the rest of my bedliner coating for the inside. I have the deck laid out on the boat, just not screwed down. I am doing something apparently "rare" for boats. I'm going with the color of that carpet, which is maroon and black. I'm painting the outside of the boat black, the problem is this, where will I get maroon and black seats??? I have had NO luck so far finding them, but may have come on an idea. I got some vinyl spray paint, and tomorrow I'm going to try on a spare seat I have changing the colors! Anyhow, it should be coming together quite well by tomorrow, just depends what happens and how I feel - not feeling the greatest thus far. [-o<