Baptistpreach's 1436 Monark -100% 8/14

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job so far. I live in Norman. How far away are you. Im not sure when Im going back out on the road, I might be able to lend a hand if ya need/want one. Either way keep it up.

Well Praise God I finally have some pics to show!

Here's my completed carpet work (almost completed, technically I'm going to cut one or two more pieces out, but I digress)

Attachments

• DSC02608 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02608 (Medium).JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 1,346
  • DSC02606 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02606 (Medium).JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 1,343
  • DSC02614 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02614 (Medium).JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,342
  • DSC02616 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02616 (Medium).JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,343
  • DSC02620 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02620 (Medium).JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 1,344
Here's what it'll look like when its done. I haven't secured anything down yet because I needed to finish painting the interior of the boat, and was thinking I'd need the space to run my wires before I secured it all down. Thankfully I got the rest of the bed liner spray, my switch panel from BP, and my wife found some good clearance on some seat hardware, I didn't realize I was one short on my hardware for the seats.

Attachments

• DSC02628 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02628 (Medium).JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 1,345
  • DSC02626 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02626 (Medium).JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 1,343
  • DSC02623 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02623 (Medium).JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,343
  • DSC02622 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02622 (Medium).JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 1,343
AAAAAWWWWWESOME! You just gave me an idea I've been kicking around for an optional permanent livewell... I'm still going to finish the livewell project I'm working on, but I'm thinking about getting my bro-in-law to make me an aluminum box since he does some sheet metal fabrication for HVAC. I might end up extending my rear bench forwards about 15" for that purpose...

Nice job though - I'm impressed.

Oh, about wanting maroon and black seats... you can find an upholster shop around you to do it for you with vinyl. I had them re-upholster some 4wheeler seats for me a while back and it cost me about $25. He did it while I waited.

Well, who knows what will come of this, but I got an outboard yesterday! [-o< :?

I haven't heard it run.... but I only paid $80 for it, so for the time, its riding on a wing and a prayer. Its a '69 Johnson 9.5hp. The guy took the liberty of painting it all black (so it actually will go with my boat quite well) but it is pretty ugly. Right now I'm thinking I should call the motor Darth Vader :p . Anyhow, I know that the "pinion"? isn't working, meaning the recoil spring to cause the rope to pull back in, isn't um.... pulling rope back in. You've probably heard the story before, the guy I bought it from said it was running fine, it just needed _________ (fill in the blank), well in my case the spring, he says he never got around to tinkering with it, and never even tried to start it. I checked it over and it really looked very well maintained, there isn't a lot to these motors, and I'm hoping I can clean it up, and, until I can find a killer deal on a 80s 9.9, have a good functioning motor. We'll see soon. For now, I'll just wrap the rope around the flywheel and see if she'll turn over for me. More to come on that soon. I also finished painting most of the interior of the boat which made a tremendous difference. I'll finish once I can hook it up to the truck and drive it down the highway at around 70mph to get all the wood and dust out of it....

Attachments

• DSC02910 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02910 (Medium).JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,177
  • DSC02911 (Small).JPG
    DSC02911 (Small).JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,175
  • DSC02913 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02913 (Medium).JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 1,175
Darth Vader. Lol. Thats funny right there. I say you got a good deal. What color did you paint the inside of the boat?

I painted it black. I can't wait to post pics of my "new" seats, I'm really proud / excited about them. I'm almost tempted to wait and post them until the boat is done... Anyhow, if we can get some more of this warmer weather, I'm seriously kicking around the idea of painting the outside boat before March!

baptistpreach said:
I'll finish once I can hook it up to the truck and drive it down the highway at around 70mph to get all the wood and dust out of it....

I thought I was the only one that would do that :lol:

The project looks like its coming along great, hopefully the motor purrs soon :mrgreen:

WOW Preach!

I didn't realize we were working with the same set up. Except for the Mods they are identical.

I didn't have to prime the boat with the kind of paint I was using, but unless you have a buddy that has very, very, very expensive paint lying around his shop, I would suggest using one. I have noticed a lot of people talking about primer on the site. ok.......now you have got to answer a questions for me.

I have had trouble coming up with a way to build my back deck and still be able to get my gas tank/battery in and out. I noticed you came forward instead of back. did you have the same problem? I don't want to rivet or drill holes in the boat to support a raised deck. I also catfish and troutline. So, I really don't know if I want to give up floor space. any suggestions?

Also, are you going to build up the very front of your deck or are you going to carpet it?

Well,

Though I havent posted in a while on the mod, I've done some things. The weather is finally going to stay warm enough to paint the boat, which is the big thing I wanted to do before attaching the deck.

Here's the livewell almost completely finished, I just need to finish attaching the pvc to run out for my bilge, and attach the wiring to my switch panel, but here it is!

Attachments

• DSC03013 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03013 (Medium).JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,143
  • DSC03002 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03002 (Medium).JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,143
  • DSC03004 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03004 (Medium).JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,142
  • DSC03005 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03005 (Medium).JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,143
  • DSC03006 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03006 (Medium).JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,142
Here's the rest of the pics

Attachments

• DSC03009 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03009 (Medium).JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,141
  • DSC03011 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03011 (Medium).JPG
    50 KB · Views: 1,141
Nick Jones said:
WOW Preach!

I didn't realize we were working with the same set up. Except for the Mods they are identical.

I didn't have to prime the boat with the kind of paint I was using, but unless you have a buddy that has very, very, very expensive paint lying around his shop, I would suggest using one. I have noticed a lot of people talking about primer on the site. ok.......now you have got to answer a questions for me.

I have had trouble coming up with a way to build my back deck and still be able to get my gas tank/battery in and out. I noticed you came forward instead of back. did you have the same problem? I don't want to rivet or drill holes in the boat to support a raised deck. I also catfish and troutline. So, I really don't know if I want to give up floor space. any suggestions?

Also, are you going to build up the very front of your deck or are you going to carpet it?

Yes, I had the same problem. I didn't realize that I couldn't fit the gas tank until recently (unless I find a 3 gallon tank or one of those that's flexible), and I was planning on building a 2nd section to my back deck that went all the way back. That's why I left a little gap on my rear deck that showed my bench (if that makes sense). However, I'm now leaning towards leaving it open. I might be able to fit a gas tank in the gap I have by my livwell, but I don't know. I'm putting my batteries in the bow to help with weight distribution. I've looked at my floor space, and I'm pretty happy with how much I have left, I think I can throw quite a few fish on the floor still, which will keep my carpet looking nice! As to the very front, at first ,I was going to put a piece of wood down and carpet it, but now (I could change my mind when I'm done) I'm leaning towards leaving it as is. It makes a good place (I've got my bedliner there for grip) to step on the boat, and I think it looks good or will look good when its all done. Any other questions, fire away!