Brand new 1648 alumacraft jon boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to pick up the boat today finally. After two long months of waiting,I just hope after all this it's done right. If so I'm putting the engine on the boat,putting in the carpeted plywood floor,doing some odds and ends that need to be done like registering the boat,getting a yr boat ramp pass and then after it's all done I'm taking it out to my local lake to adjust everything that is needed for top speed and all that good stuff. Next weds is the big day,that is the day I find out what wot will do with one and two people running a 12 pitch prop instead of the standard stock 11 pitch prop. I believe the 11 is just way to small for this engine. Ok,weds after all the trial runs I will post it all,weight with one and with two people and wot speed,plus how the engine runs,idled,how long it takes to get on plane,how long it takes to get to top speed,all that good stuff I will log for anyone who wants to see,thanks for being patient with me. Sorry it took so long but it was out of my control.

Well,finally after them teasing me that it was done,it finally is. I just went and got it yesterday and it looks fantastic. I guess it should after near two months of having it,lol. So this week I'm going to hopefully getter done. I just need to put a new front bunk on it replacing the roller,then some cleats replace the stock prop with the 12pitch,replace the lower unit oil with royal purple lower unit oil from the start and then a plywood floor. Forgot I have to put the motor on to. So cleats,front support bunk,plywood carpeted floor,then the outboard. After that,next weds or thurs I'm taking it out for it's first test ride on the lake. I just drain the lower unit oil it came with and go to full synthetic from the start. I have read so much on when doing this the lubrication in the synthetic oil helps the gears mesh easier and extends the life of the gears much longer than normal. I guess that remains to be seen. I do know royal purple lower unit oil is a fantastic product. I have read were people are actually getting more rpms from switching to this oil,who knows if there is any truth to it but it would be kind of neat if that's true. I just like royal purple products,as well as amsoil. I just like the royal purple for marine engines. Hey it can't hurt,it can only help if anything.

Ok,I will update you guys next week for anyone looking for how it runs,what kind of speeds I'm getting and all that good stuff. Thanks for being patient with this process.

Well I hope it doesn't leak,lol. This will be her first wet run,next week. I bought the boat and in less than a week they had it back fixing it. The issues were the rib being off the hull,the weld nit being fully completed and the two rivets were barely holding on by a thread. They actually bent the rib into place which I wasn't expecting and fixed the weld and rivets,plus did a really nice job matching the paint. The rib is dead flush against the hull like all the others now so I'm extremely happy with it. I'm sure it won't leak. I have had over ten brand new jon boats and never had one new leak,knock on wood. So I'm going to getter in the water by next weekend the latest. I'm hoping for some great wot numbers. The motor is brand new as well so I'm going to give her a workout. Ok,more updates to come. Now I need to look at all the mods here and just use my imagination to mod mine. It's amazing what some of these guys do with these boats. This is why I got the 1648 to build on it,to make is like a decked out fishing machine. Now it's tine to just get it wet first.

Latest posts