conceal carry pistol

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new here but I alternate depending on my wardrobe. I either carry a G23 w/ night sights (shorts/jeans) and 2 spare 15rd mags or a Kimber Crimson Ultra Carry II w/ night sights (dress clothes) and 3 spare 7rd mags . All my weapons are carried in Condition 1 ( round chambered and ready to fire) .
My BUG is a ankle holstered S&W 640 J-frame unless I'm wearing shorts.

Some mentioned nightstand gun. Mine is what ever I carrying that day.

YMMV

Vic

Started with a bersa thunder 380, but the design printed pretty bad. Switched up to a Kahr CW40 and couldn't be happier. Super thin, lightweight, and you get the ballistics of a 40. win-win-win in my book. Fairly easy on the wallet too.

Smith and Wesson 5906 9mm para here. It's heavy but if you run out of ammo the steel frame is a useful bludgeon. The only reason I don't mind the weight is no matter what that pistol will fire when you squeeze the trigger.

I carry every day, most days its a 5" Dan Wesson Valor, sometimes its a 4" S&W 686+.

Weight isn't a big deal as long as you get a good belt (Most important, get one that is designed for carrying a gun), and a good holster (Don't skimp, look at the Milt Sparks VMII for IWB Carry).

I cc a SIG 938. 300 rounds an d ZERO problems. Just like a mini 1911. I also got a new SCCY CPX2. 9mm. Best dame gun for the price on the market right now. Wife has a 8 shot Charter Arms 22 LR.

I carry different guns depending on what I am wearing , mostly a Ruger SR 1911 commander, sw638, Glock 30, Ruger lc9

Ruger LC9, pocket carry most of the time. Buddy has SR9 it's nice but too much for carry, sadly gets left home.

[url=https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?p=367141#p367141 said:
Cashew » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:37 pm[/url]"]Ruger LC9, pocket carry most of the time. Buddy has SR9 it's nice but too much for carry, sadly gets left home.

That happens a lot. People buy a big gun to carry then don't carry it because it is too big. Not against big guns, just make sure you also have something you can carry wearing a pair of shorts and a tee shirt. If I am bundled up for winter a large .357 revolver will work. If it is 95 degrees in the shade a Ruger LCP is just fine.

My issue is work clothing - can't wear shirt & tie and have a big lump protruding. I used to carry a Kahr MK9 which was an exceptional little gun - but I found my H&K P7 fits my ankle holster as well as IWB and was only marginally longer in the grip and barrel. After seeing the MK9 sitting just collecting dust for a while I sold it & carry the P7. The Kahr had an excellent trigger, far better than the glock 27 I had before it - it just couldn't compete with the P7.

Of course if I could have my way I'd carry my HK P9S, but it's got a threaded barrel and now here in CT that makes it a scary and extra dangerous "assault weapon," which can only be transported unloaded with its certificate - makes concealed carry with it a non-option.

Having to file a form with the state to restrict my use of a piece of property, which I owned legally already, to avoid being a felon (and losing my license for work) was one of the most ridiculous examples of collective stupidity on the part of the people of this state and the half-wit knee-jerk legislators they elected. All so they can tout that they did "something" in the wake of Sandy Hook, even though it amounts to nothing but a hassle for decent people in the end. The cowards wouldn't touch the issue of mental health - that involves restricting the rights of people without the ability enjoy their rights responsibly, and that is politically bad -> but they used opportunity to further their own agendas of restricting gun ownership while that was politically feasible...

onthewater102 said:
Of course if I could have my way I'd carry my HK P9S, but it's got a threaded barrel and now here in CT that makes it a scary and extra dangerous "assault weapon," which can only be transported unloaded with its certificate - makes concealed carry with it a non-option.

Having to file a form with the state to restrict my use of a piece of property, which I owned legally already, to avoid being a felon (and losing my license for work) was one of the most ridiculous examples of collective stupidity on the part of the people of this state and the half-wit knee-jerk legislators they elected. All so they can tout that they did "something" in the wake of Sandy Hook, even though it amounts to nothing but a hassle for decent people in the end. The cowards wouldn't touch the issue of mental health - that involves restricting the rights of people without the ability enjoy their rights responsibly, and that is politically bad -> but they used opportunity to further their own agendas of restricting gun ownership while that was politically feasible...
I feel for ya, we lost a lot in the last election here I'm Wa too, libs are getting the uneducated to vote for this stupid stuff that won't do any good

A little late to the party, but I love my little Walther PPS .40. Not nearly as much fun to shoot as my full size PPQ, but it shoots really well, conceals really well IWB (I primarily use a CompTac Minotaur), and is light enough to toss in a Remora holster in my gym shorts for when I go running or biking. If I use the smallest mag, it practically disappears. All of these things help me feel comfortable carrying and thus, I carry it SO much more often than I ever did when I just had a full size pistol.

For a size comparison, they are about like the M&P Shield: nice little single-stack semi auto pistol. On a side note, while I LOVE my Walther, some people have issues with the German/HK-style mag release built into the trigger guard. I love it, but a lot of people struggle with it because it's not what they are used to. Also, the Shield is better value for your money in my opinion. I like the Walther more, but it is a bit more expensive, and having shot both quite a bit, I struggle to see what warrants the extra cost.

I love gun talk...

Ruger LC9 w/ laser sight does it for me. Can't beat the laser for a self-defense pistol. For a Summer wear, it is the S&W 380 Bodyguard, also w/ laser.

The original LC9s had long, lOnG, LoNG, LONG trigger pulls, but the latest striker-fired LC9s fixed that. Still, I have shot 2" groups w/ mine early LC9 at 50', so she's surely capable.

Yeah - I was torn between that sweet little LC9s and the Solo...ended up going with the Solo b/c it's the same size as the LCP other than the slide thickness, so on my ankle it doesn't print at all.

The difference between the two LC9's (striker non-striker) is insane. I doubt Ruger sells many DAO LC9's anymore they really outdid themselves.

M&P Shield .40 cal. Next purchase is going to be a Kimber CDP II with Crimson Trace grips

Latest posts