Fish Finder Size

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saggyman

Reaction score
Does it really matter ?

5" or 3.5"

Garmin Echo 301dv

Garmin Echo 551dv

I know the 5" gives better resolution but is it really worth it?

personal preference:

But, age, eyesight and glare on the screen comes into play if it is any distance from you. (IMO).
The bass boat I just bought had the 3.5" old Humminbird on it......
I bought a new 5" Humminbird to replace it and LOVE IT much more than the 3.5" and well worth the extra bucks. (IMO).

Always go with the bigger screen if you can. My next unit will be a 7" or larger. I have been looking at the Vexilar sonar phone and running that on my iPad. https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/vexilar-sonarphone-with-high-speed-transducer/0000000094745

I actually bought the smallest screen I could for the version of FF I bought (considerably cheaper).
The one I bought does have wifi so my reasoning is I will stream everything to a tablet or other "large" screen anyway.

Without this ability I would definitely go with the largest screen I could justify (CBA).

I can't figure out for the life of me why they make them so small. I no it couldn't cost much to make them all with larger screens.
I'd buy a 12 inch if I could afford it. :mrgreen: