Front Deck Build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pbw said:
Waterwings said:
pbw,

Good thing you did your test yesterday! It's currently 34* here, winds still clipping pretty good, and snow showers predicted for tomorrow! :shock:

I'm ready for Spring now!!!!

Its freezing here in Louisville and spiting snow!

I'm currently painting the soon to be baby's room. One more coat and I'm done for today and going to work on the boat. :?

spent all day priming and painting....I feel your pain.

Jim said:
pbw said:
Waterwings said:
pbw,

Good thing you did your test yesterday! It's currently 34* here, winds still clipping pretty good, and snow showers predicted for tomorrow! :shock:

I'm ready for Spring now!!!!

Its freezing here in Louisville and spiting snow!

I'm currently painting the soon to be baby's room. One more coat and I'm done for today and going to work on the boat. :?

spent all day priming and painting....I feel your pain.

What are you painting?

Okay I'm spending the rest of the day in the garage.

Got my wiring and connectors today! Hope to get the wiring run so i can put the decking on. Then work on the attaching decking and finishing out storage boxes.....

Dink! Was a slow day yesterday.

Got the wires ran using the lower v's in the hull. Debated running them in the side V but I'm not planning on covering the side ones.

normal_IMG_17091671resize.JPG

Didn't hook any wires up yet, as I need my decking installed. So then I started putting coats of water proofing on the 3/8 decking....... nothing exciting here no photos.......

Then I built up a mount for the trolling motor using 2x4 and plywood took lots of photos but my dang memory card won't transfer them. Running disk check on it now and its repairing some places hope they will transfer after this!

Hope you get the pics to run. Do you have any splices in the wiring that runs along the bottom of the boat? Just thinking about water-proofing the splices so as not to cause any shorts if/when water gets in the bilge. I bought some Liquid Tape for electrical use at Lowe's. Works well once it's dry (doesn't take too long). The built-in dauber in the bottle could be a little smaller though for applying the stuff to small pieces. I did drop a spot or two in the bilge of my boat when doing the wires for the bilge pump, and when I wiped it off it took the green paint right with it :shock:

Waterwings said:
Hope you get the pics to run. Do you have any splices in the wiring that runs along the bottom of the boat? Just thinking about water-proofing the splices so as not to cause any shorts if/when water gets in the bilge. I bought some Liquid Tape for electrical use at Lowe's. Works well once it's dry (doesn't take too long). The built-in dauber in the bottle could be a little smaller though for applying the stuff to small pieces. I did drop a spot or two in the bilge of my boat when doing the wires for the bilge pump, and when I wiped it off it took the green paint right with it :shock:

No Splices......

Well all my trolling motor mount photos are gone but I may redo the mount..

I've bonded two 2x4'a together. It works but I'm sure there is a better way...... I'm up for thoughts.

My current hold up is where to mount fuse/breakers, and switches...

normal_IMG_17201676resize.JPG

normal_IMG_17191677resize.JPG

normal_IMG_17181678resize.JPG

normal_IMG_17171679resize.JPG

Looking great. I am no help on the mount as that is similar to the mount on my jon., however mine is at an angle so that the motor is in the center of the boat when in the water. I think I like yours better, much more deck space when motor is stowed. If you ever need company taking it on a trip when you get her done let me know.

Okay did some work today.... Basicly mounting decking and cutting holes for under deck storage( they look small on photos but they are pretty good size). Then made a list of all items I need to complete.

Carpet from lowes, Going today to purchase.
Trolling motor plugs - ordered.
Fuses holders - ordered
Eletrical switches - ordered
Wiring loom - ordered

I need thoughts on where to mount fish finder display..... Near front most part of boat, or on the lower decking..

normal_IMG_17211686resize.JPG

normal_IMG_17221680resize.JPG

normal_IMG_17231684resize.JPG

normal_IMG_17241681resize.JPG

normal_IMG_17251682resize.JPG

normal_IMG_17261683resize.JPG

normal_IMG_17271685resize.JPG

Photo above is view looking down from where I'm mounting seat, infront of storage.

alumacraftjoe said:
Looking great. I am no help on the mount as that is similar to the mount on my jon., however mine is at an angle so that the motor is in the center of the boat when in the water. I think I like yours better, much more deck space when motor is stowed. If you ever need company taking it on a trip when you get her done let me know.

Deal most of my friends have stopped fishing. :?

SO far so good, I would place the depth finder as it is located in the bottom photo.
You might want to think about moving you trolling motor a bit towards the center of the boat It doesn't need to be centered but the closer the better

at the side you may have trouble with boat control..

redbug said:
SO far so good, I would place the depth finder as it is located in the bottom photo.
You might want to think about moving you trolling motor a bit towards the center of the boat It doesn't need to be centered but the closer the better

at the side you may have trouble with boat control..

I've been wonder about trolling motor mount locations. I notice tracker does some of their alum boat mounts like mine but noone ever told me how they track in water.... I'm going to put carpet on the lower decking first, then go out and do on water test with trolling motor mount location before carpeting that deck.

I like the fish finder right where it is at too. I have a tracker and the TM is located along the pport edge BUT the edge it is on points towards the center of the bow. When I put the TM in the water it is pert near center.

flounderhead59 said:
I like the fish finder right where it is at too. I have a tracker and the TM is located along the pport edge BUT the edge it is on points towards the center of the bow. When I put the TM in the water it is pert near center.
That is how my tin boat was set up doesnt take much to get it there.

Latest posts