Front Deck Build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
progress...take a lunch break been working all this morning. Planned to do this yesterday but AT&T Mux at work took a dump...

normal_boat2008_014.jpg

normal_boat2008_013.jpg

normal_boat2008_011.jpg

normal_boat2008_009.jpg

Ignore the heater I use to dry the carpet glue :)

normal_boat2008_008.jpg

normal_boat2008_007.jpg

normal_boat2008_006.jpg

normal_boat2008_024.jpg

Replaced the carpet on the flooring...

normal_boat2008_021.jpg

Hatches have carpet! hitches and hardware soon!

normal_boat2008_016.jpg

normal_boat2008_015.jpg

:shock:

good fit on the doors, did you trim them back smaller than the opening for carpet clearance? I'm wondering if I should do this?

Okay spent the rest of the evening yesterday working on the middle floor decking carpet. This week I've got my new heat gun :) I'm going to "reform" the sides of the carpet better and do some molding to some of the carpet edges. The rear of front decking carpet edge needs to be glued down, and formed.

This week also, hack up the previous owners rear decking to work with outboard.

Opened the garage and took these photos today.

DSC_00021720resize.JPG

DSC_00041722resize.JPG

DSC_00051723resize.JPG

DSC_00071725resize.JPG

Waterwings said:
Looks great! When we going fishing, lol :)

I hoping to get this thing knock out in the next week and half! Then I'm game for hitting Mcneely or one of those Warm water southern indiana lakes.

Plus I'm going to buy one of those transom BPS Trolling motor 40# on sale for 119.

:D

Looken good, hey PBW where do ya got your transducer at?

Do you have experiance with it on the transom and bow if so, which one do you like better and why?

Picked up my first fishfinder last week and just wondering what location is best for the transducer.

FishingBuds said:
Looken good, hey PBW where do ya got your transducer at?

Do you have experiance with it on the transom and bow if so, which one do you like better and why?

Picked up my first fishfinder last week and just wondering what location is best for the transducer.

I'm in the same "boat" as you. Its my first fish finder unsure where to mount it. :eek:

pbw said:
Waterwings said:
Plus I'm going to buy one of those transom BPS Trolling motor 40# on sale for 119.

Are you talking about the Prowler brand that BPS carries?

Yes..Have you heard anything about them?

When I went to BPS Nashville this past summer I was headed there with the intent to buy one, but they were out of the one I wanted. I did look at the display model and changed my mind. I'm sure they're okay, but the shaft looked flimsy and the telescoping handle seemed real loose, but that might have been because it was a display model. I went with a MinnKota 40# Endura instead. Cost me a couple more bucks, but I'm happy with it, although I wish I would've gone with more thrust, but that was additional $$ I didn't have to spend at that time.

Waterwings said:
pbw said:
Waterwings said:
Are you talking about the Prowler brand that BPS carries?

Yes..Have you heard anything about them?

When I went to BPS Nashville this past summer I was headed there with the intent to buy one, but they were out of the one I wanted. I did look at the display model and changed my mind. I'm sure they're okay, but the shaft looked flimsy and the telescoping handle seemed real loose, but that might have been because it was a display model. I went with a MinnKota 40# Endura instead. Cost me a couple more bucks, but I'm happy with it, although I wish I would've gone with more thrust, but that was additional $$ I didn't have to spend at that time.

Ah I'll look and see. I just want a cheap rear tm for when I'm moving around small lakes. I been watching Craigslist.org for used one but can't find any good ones.

After I asked the guy at BPS about who made them he told me he believes the Prowler's were made by MotorGuide. The head unit and lower unit look like MotorGuide's stuff. The one I looked at was a display model that probably a 1,000 people had messed with, so it was fairly worn-out.

Waterwings said:
After I asked the guy at BPS about who made them he told me he believes the Prowler's were made by MotorGuide. The head unit and lower unit look like MotorGuide's stuff. The one I looked at was a display model that probably a 1,000 people had messed with, so it was fairly worn-out.

I heard the same about the maker.

PBW,

I have a 44lb thrust Minkota you might be able to use for the transom. You could probably just borrow it until you get an outboard. It's not brand new, but in great shape and hardly if ever gets used anymore.