Front Deck Build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pbw said:
alumacraftjoe said:
Looking great. I am no help on the mount as that is similar to the mount on my jon., however mine is at an angle so that the motor is in the center of the boat when in the water. I think I like yours better, much more deck space when motor is stowed. If you ever need company taking it on a trip when you get her done let me know.

Deal most of my friends have stopped fishing. :?

Really looking good! Let me know anytime you want to hit the water. Hopefully it will warm up early this spring!

Never know what kind of service you will get from ebay... I got really screwed on a trailer. Anyway you must have got a good deal on the plugs as they are available at several local locations. Hope the project is going well I am ready for some more pics to motivate me to find the time to work on my boat :lol:

alumacraftjoe said:
Never know what kind of service you will get from ebay... I got really screwed on a trailer. Anyway you must have got a good deal on the plugs as they are available at several local locations. Hope the project is going well I am ready for some more pics to motivate me to find the time to work on my boat :lol:

:eek: it needs to warm up so I can put down carpet :eek:

i hear that. One part of my project is to paint the boat which I would like to do before decking and carpet. I borrowed the heater from my baseball pressbox and it heats up the garage to 60 degrees pretty easily. Anyway we are supposed to get back into the 50's by the end of the weekend.

alumacraftjoe said:
i hear that. One part of my project is to paint the boat which I would like to do before decking and carpet. I borrowed the heater from my baseball pressbox and it heats up the garage to 60 degrees pretty easily. Anyway we are supposed to get back into the 50's by the end of the weekend.

wait......your baseball pressbox? What do you do for a living? :eek:

Okay not much going on with my project. I need the temps to get above 65 for the carpet glue. If the weather doesn't agree I'm going to borrow a couple of heaters and pump up the heat in my garage to 75.

Got all the wiring parts. I put the plug on the trolling motor, unsure where to mount the female end of the plus yet. I'll figure this out tomorrow.

IMG_17331689resize.JPG

pbw said:
Okay not much going on with my project. I need the temps to get above 65 for the carpet glue. If the weather doesn't agree I'm going to borrow a couple of heaters and pump up the heat in my garage to 75.

Got all the wiring parts. I put the plug on the trolling motor, unsure where to mount the female end of the plus yet. I'll figure this out tomorrow.

IMG_17331689resize.JPG

I got that heater I was talking about so if you want I could bring it by sometime and give you a hand with the carpet as well.

The sun is out its 58 outside plus two small heaters in my garage to make the garage temps 75! I put down one piece of the carpeting! Alumcraftjoe I may have to take you up on the heater rest of the week is looking cold doubt my heater could keep the temps in my garage 75.

Carpet is Lowes Marine Grade.

Seat isn't mounted just looking at placements.

I removed my trolling motor mount after everyones thoughts going to move it tonight or tomorrow.

normal_DSC_00031692resize.JPG

normal_DSC_00041693resize.JPG

Trolling motor power plug, wiring is complete. Just need to wrap up all the connections in the back of boat.

normal_DSC_00011690resize.JPG

Looks Great! Let me know if you need the heater... it has a temp setting on it and I had no problem getting the garage above 60 even when temps were in single digits awhile back.

Okay my progress is slow moving :eek: between work and other project at home and dang cold weather!

Over the weekend I moved my trolling motor mount per everyones suggestion.

While moving it figured I better wrap the block of wood in carpet, and before mounting the block of wood to the plywood that mounts to the boat I better put a rough cut of the piece of carpet between block of wood and piece of plywood. The carpet on the very front most decking is not finished product its still needs to be glued down and trimmed out.

I mounted the trolling motor to the wood with some nice wood bolts. The block of wood to the plywood with bolts and nuts ( photos to come later). I mounted this piece to the front of the boat with some monster rivets that I borrow a gun to install. Then I seen the other post about those bolts/rivets bps has and now I'm jealous.

normal_IMG_17411710resize.JPG

normal_IMG_17401709resize.JPG

normal_IMG_17391708resize.JPG

normal_IMG_17381707resize.JPG

normal_IMG_17371706resize.JPG

Does this meet the requirements of tinboaterz :nail:biter:

Waterwings said:
Looks good! :)

One day warm weather will return to Ky and everyone can get some fishing done! :)

I wish I still have to trim that carpet and glue it down. Then the same with the lids.

I'm putting the rear deck on hold till next year.

that looks great!

BTW,
Did you go off ot the seat as you reference to level?

Any pics of the rod locker access?

Nickk said:
that looks great!

BTW,
Did you go off ot the seat as you reference to level?

Any pics of the rod locker access?

Yes I used the seats to stay level for decking.

The rod locker access will come when I redo the rear decking. Access to the rod locker area will be between the middle bench and rear bench area.