Front Deck Install Help?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atb

Reaction score
Thinking of using 4 1x1x1/8 square tube aluminum toggle bolted to the front deck, then supported in the rear by vertical aluminum tube mounted to the support ribs. The front of the seat support is causing the problems. I saw one of the guys mod and they used 2x4s and made kind of a fork with a v angle at the bottom for support which was great but I would like to keep it all aluminum. I was thinking of using super marine adhesive and gluing some square tube in the rib and run from side to side for support a 18 inches in front of the bench. Anyone see any issue with that or have any better ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_2033-1.JPG
    IMG_2033-1.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 1,039
  • IMG_2034-1.JPG
    IMG_2034-1.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 1,040
  • IMG_2035-1.JPG
    IMG_2035-1.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,038
  • IMG_2036-1.JPG
    IMG_2036-1.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 1,038
  • IMG_2037-1.JPG
    IMG_2037-1.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,038
Glue wouldn't be my first choice. I prefer some sort of mechanical fastener, screw, nuts n bolts, etc.

What your trying to do is build a center support correct? If it were me I would use an L bracket to anchor the tubing to the rib.

Something like this.
UL

Hard to do with a key board. In essence the vertical tubing is anchored to the rib via a L bracket. One leg of the L bracket mounts to the tubing and the other leg mounts to the rib. This way you have two screws in the tubing and two in the rib on each L bracket. If oyu use two L brackets per piece of tubing you have 4 screws anchoring that tubing to the rib.

Hanr3 said:
Glue wouldn't be my first choice. I prefer some sort of mechanical fastener, screw, nuts n bolts, etc.

What your trying to do is build a center support correct? If it were me I would use an L bracket to anchor the tubing to the rib.

Something like this.
UL

Hard to do with a key board. In essence the vertical tubing is anchored to the rib via a L bracket. One leg of the L bracket mounts to the tubing and the other leg mounts to the rib. This way you have two screws in the tubing and two in the rib on each L bracket. If oyu use two L brackets per piece of tubing you have 4 screws anchoring that tubing to the rib.

Hanr3
Thanks for checking it out. I am doing that on that back support, but the front rib is only like 6 inches off the front seat. I said rib to glue a horizontal cross bar to the hull I should have said vent or channel that run the length of the sides. (see photo) and place it further out. Do you think that would stress the hull? Or hold even?
Thanks again for the feedback and sorry for my bad explaination.

Attachments

• IMG_2034-1.JPG
    IMG_2034-1.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 916
How sturdy is that diamond plate that I assume is a trolling motor mount? Possibly think about supporting from above, instead of below. A couple good vertical supports from that plate, down to your structure will probably be just dandy. May want to put a stiffener across the width of your diamond plate.

bassboy1 said:
How sturdy is that diamond plate that I assume is a trolling motor mount? Possibly think about supporting from above, instead of below. A couple good vertical supports from that plate, down to your structure will probably be just dandy. May want to put a stiffener across the width of your diamond plate.

It is sturdy welded in good thought. Thanks,

Latest posts