Gas Prices - When will it end.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone keeps driving so they keep raising it.

Since January I've been commuting to work with one and sometimes two other people who work in the same area. Its a real pain sometimes when one of them works late and I'm just bored. BUT! I've saved lots of money myself and like to think I'm helping save the planet and lower traffic.

Jim said:
I can believe gas is this high. :evil:. I just read that it could be over $4 a gallon by next year. Soon we will be working just for gas.

I'm gettin' a little tired of everytime some SOB overseas farts, the gas prices increase! On CNN yesterday they mentioned that gas prices on the average had risen $0.45 over the past 3 weeks. Around here they raised $0.40 in two days! And so goes the saying about the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer! :evil:

gas here went from 2.65 to 2.89 in like 2 days. It's horrible. I drive about 20 minutes to and from work every day and it sucks... I have to fill up every single week. Plus a certain someone never drives his truck on the weekends.. so his gas lasts 2 weeks or more!!!!!! oh wait except on the weekends he takes his oh so precious boat out :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :x :x :roll:

they say it a supply and demand thing, once we stop buying it prices will stop going up, guess what, not going to happen, people have to get to work and with two people working in a family. If you remember it came down a bunch when the government said it was going to investigate price gauging what does that tell you, strap it and hold on :cry:

From what was reported on the news the other day, the price increase (this particular time) is due to the Wallstreet types speculating on a possible shortage this winter, but other sources state there are plenty of reserves.

Waterwings said:
From what was reported on the news the other day, the price increase (this particular time) is due to the Wallstreet types speculating on a possible shortage this winter, but other sources state there are plenty of reserves.

There are reserves, but the next question is, if there is a shortage, how bad does it have to get before they open the reserves? Also, production can be increased, but why do that when you are getting big money for the product?

Exactly Mr. Gamefisher, barrell of oil is like 97$ We need it. Theres no getting around that, Global supply Global demand is a good bet to say maybe $4.00 a gallon by summer time.

First of all, lets look at it this way. Gas is still cheap. Yes. People in Europe are paying close to 6 bucks for the equivalent of our gallon.

Also, it really has little to do with supply and demand. They are going to milk it every possible way, to get the most $ for the given time. Sometimes that means selling it low, and others, it means selling it high. The price of gas is merely political. I would be willing to venture a guess, that politics in general have the most affect on it. I am not blaming on one person, or party, as my whole family, myself included, are rebublican voting conservatives, or libertarians. (well, I am not old enough to vote)
But, what we would like to see, is Hugo Chavez being put out of business. It has been admitted that if we stop buying from Venesweala (spl) for a matter of months, he would go out of business. We could tap into our reserves for a time, and knock him off the throne, so venesweala can get back on their feet and sell the oil more productively, where as to benefit the whole country better.

We are in no way about to run out of oil. Not going to happen within most of our lifetimes. But, the media is probably the biggest problem when it comes to this. They relay what the gas companies want us to know, for the most part. You have to really take the time to read them all, and sift through, and find the ones that make the most sense, and use FACT.

Latest posts