Gasoline Prices

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDUBS

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I was readng on "Best On Tour" that the price for 50 gallons of boat gaso, based on the nat'l average, has gone from $109 to $159 in the past 12 months. A 46% increase! I"m not sure what they mean by "boat gas". I wish I could buy 50 gallons for $159, but being in California that ain't going to happen.

As my daughter would remind me to say, sorry to be a buzz kill! :D

I paid $3.09 a gallon today, regular with Alcohol.
N.W. suburbs of Chicago outside of Cook County.

Attwanl said:
How much is gas there in Cali

I pay $4.39 for diesel if I drive a few miles to a Chevron station. Regular gasoline is about $4.20 but it really varies by station. The Shell station nearest me is $4.89 for diesel and $4.73 for unleaded. They are always higher than other stations. I don't know why folks go there. For me it is literally like burning a ten dollar bill to go there.

Costco is about the cheapest gas around here at $3.99/gallon last I checked. Problem is if I go there Mrs Ldubs will want to visit the store and there are very few who visit Costco without at least one overflowing shopping cart of stuff. :D

Our only option at gas stations is ethanol blended gaso. There might be non-ethanol at some marinas or maybe places that sell containers of race car fuel. I seem to recall reading that someplace -- maybe here.

Makes me wonder what they're getting for Avgas these days.

eeshaw said:
Makes me wonder what they're getting for Avgas these days.

A lot of prices depend on what part of the country you're in.

My local station has regular (10% ethanol) for $3.099
Ethanol free is $3.249
The local airport runs $4.99 to $5.60 for Av-Gas depending on the grade.

We were 3.23 for regular in central NJ last week but starting today, the gas tax dropped around $.08 so we're actually going down. It's still almost $1 more than last year.

Come up to Canada, you'll appreciate your prices more...even California's
I'm on the east coast, its around 1.38 a liter, daughters on the west coast $1.68/ liter...5/6 gallon

Yikes, that is pretty steep. I did the conversion. Over the weekend I paid $1.05/liter at Costco ($3.99/gallon). That is a huge difference. I suspect that what we have in common is a gas price that is heavily driven by taxes.

Saw on the news today that CA will stop selling gas mowers. That should free up some fuel (or not).

Don't whine too much - we could be paying what my sister-in-law pays. She lives in Kensington, London, England...US equivalent is $7.05 a gallon.

We got pretty cheap gas here in the US compared to other countries...just we've been 'spoiled' by all the years of very cheap gas.

Seeing as i drive an oversized 4x4 tundra, not aloud to complain.
I will be looking to downsize but nothing has caught my eye. Smaller trucks around here are just as expensive and not alot better on fuel. Thought someone would make a small diesel but fuel is as high as gas now. Maybe a bronco type vehecile...i dont know

Zum said:
I will be looking to downsize but nothing has caught my eye. Smaller trucks around here are just as expensive and not alot better on fuel. Thought someone would make a small diesel but fuel is as high as gas now. Maybe a bronco type vehecile...i dont know

I am very happy with my 4x4 RAM eco diesel. The 6 cyl diesel gets great mileage, even when towing the boat. Not much HP, but lots of torque to get the job done. Before I had a Nissan Titan. The Titan was pretty peppy like a race car, but brutal on gas mileage, and it was supposed to use the higher octane gaso. I think I get close to the same mileage towing my 4,000# travel trailer with the RAM as I did towing nothing with the Titan.

Out here diesel prices seem to fluctuate differently than gaso. Right now I'm paying about 10 cents/gallon less than regular unleaded. A week ago it was the same.

Zum said:

I used to have a 4 cylinder Ranger. Got 20mpg pretty regularly with how I drive, think the best I ever got was 24. It had the 2.5 and a 5 speed manual.

Then I bought a Silverado 1500 with the 5.3 after I got a bigger boat. It gets 14.5 in the same conditions, can tow a lot more, has 4x4, will haul four people, and is actually useful as a truck. Was a pretty easy sacrifice, pretty much amounts to an extra $20 in gas every week for me.

People seem to think the world about mini trucks, but I wasn't all that crazy about mine. Just didn't pencil out with how limited it was.

I suggest the term "boat gas" is in reference to no road use taxes applied at a dock pump. That does not prevent states from applying other taxes, (luxury tax?) to such "leisure" items, though.

'Course, the docks probably jack the pricing anyway, being as it's a somewhat captured customer base.

Roger

$1.45/L here today... that's 4.43/USgal when currency is converted
Premium is $1.76/L.. $5.38/USgal converted

Trudeau is no better than Biden

Sent from my SM-A526W using Tapatalk