Good deal at Walmart

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primo

Reaction score
So, I just got a Tracker Grizzly 1448 with a 25 Merc and was in need of a trolling motor. See how I said "was"? I wanted a bow mounted foot controlled model but was not looking to spend a ton of money. I stopped into the local Walmart just to have a look and to my surprise I see a display of 4 Minn Kota trolling motors and a sign saying half price today only. This never happens to me. I was in no way ready to buy as my wife would kill me. I just got the boat last week. So, I look at the boxes and they have the exact model I was looking for. It is a Minn Kota Edge (I know - low end model) with 50lbs of thrust and a 42in shaft and foot control. The only one in the store and marked from $449 which is a little high to a clearance price of $225. I could not believe it. Brand new, 2 year warranty and cheaper than anything I have seen. I had no choice so out came the credit card. My wife is on a business trip so we will see how the purchase goes over with her but how could I not buy it. It should move my 14ft boat with no problem at all. So, if anyone is looking, check your local Walmart. I think I got very lucky. They had three others but they were all 40lbs and could be had for about $160 I think. Just thought I would share. Thanks for reading,

Primo

So where are these Walmarts?????
Mine only has a 40lb transom mount in stock.

It's a great trolling motor. Great price. I have the same one and thought I scored a deal at $350 lol. Great find.

Latest posts