Got another one.........

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, but not for sale. This (hopefully) will carry me from now on. I am setting it up to do most all of the types of fishing I enjoy. Nothing serious, but all I need.

=D> Great Job!Well Done!Looks better than factory new. =D> Are you located near SC?I'd like to see how you braced your hull.I have a 10 foot flat bottom Jon that I am planning to stiffen up.

Wow! Very nice. Thanks for answering my questions. I hope I can get the floor on mine finished that well.

Schweeeeet!!!
I bet you're feeling very pleased at the moment!

Can I ask what brand paint you used, and how you applied it?

Sorry for being away folks, as I have been at the beach Flonder fishing for a week. I appreciate all the nice responses! I am a little bit proud of how it turned out.

bscman.... I just used Rustoleum Enamel Rattle cans. The painting was the easy part, but prep work (cleaning) was the chore. After I sanded and stripped all of the old paint and oxidation off, I cleaned it twice with Purple Power. Then I wiped it down with Denatured Alchohol and let it air dry.

Then put 2 coats of gray primer on it to cure.

Next day, wiped it down with the alchohol again and put 6 cans of paint on the outsid of the hull, and let it cure.

Then I repeated this for the inside. Cheap, but it got the job done with good results that I am happy with. Hope this helps...

That is one clean looking boat. I really like it! It looks like you need a set or oars and a "Gone With the Wind" woman with an umbrella sitting in the front like something from a Norman Rockwell painting.

I have pretty much run the gauntlet (except for high dollar off-shore) and have come to realize that I miss the relaxation and simplicity of "just plain fishin'". A decent small boat, 15Hp, trolling motor and a quality depth finder and I am good to go.........
I really agree... The visions of a perfect fishing day dance through my head all winter long. In fact, one winter I had to go on prozac because it was all I could think about and got really depressed.

FISHING IS SO AWESOME!