I gotta do it(JOIN US!!) we've started

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got it!

We all chip in a buck or two and whoever loses the most by the time of our Dale Hollow GTG next year gets some kind of prize. :lol:

Bubba said:
I got it!

We all chip in a buck or two and whoever loses the most by the time of our Dale Hollow GTG next year gets some kind of prize. :lol:

No need Bubba! I will come up with something. We are going to do this for our Us. We will be Buff by Summer! :LOL2:

BodyBuilder.jpg

Dang guys, what a out pour of chubbyness here, I thought I was the only (political correct) waist bust challenged one here, yet you guys sound so thin on the forums. :lol:

Yes I poke fun under pressure :roll: - Believe me the wife knows :wink:

I'd be honored to share the scales with you guys.

May we all be winners here =D>

Jim said:
Bubba said:
I got it!

No need Bubba! I will come up with something. We are going to do this for our Us. We will be Buff by Summer! :LOL2:

BodyBuilder.jpg

:roflmao: :LMFAO:

I don't know about that.... :lol:

Codeman said:
So whats the official start date? January 1st?

Yes!

I am going to track my calories on this site. https://www.thedailyplate.com/
This is what I used to drop my first 50 pounds. :shock:

I highly recommend everyone sign up for a free account today and Just start tracking your calories. This way you can see where all your calories are coming from before you start. The Database has almost all the foods in there, and you can even add your own if you want.

I put in my age, weight, and all the info it asked for and then I chose the "Lose 2 pounds per week" option. It gave the calorie count I could eat per day. That is the beauty. I could eat whatever I wanted (big macs, Pizza) as long as I did not exceed my calories for the day. This site was a lifesaver. Once you get used to using the site, it will take no more then 5 minutes to update your calories a day.

And for the first time I am going to take a picture of me on day 1 and then every 2 weeks or month.

If anyone signs up for a dailyplate calorie tracker and need any help with setup, let me know and I can help.

Jim said:
Codeman said:
So whats the official start date? January 1st?

Yes!

I am going to track my calories on this site. https://www.thedailyplate.com/
This is what I used to drop my first 50 pounds. :shock:

I highly recommend everyone sign up for a free account today and Just start tracking your calories. This way you can see where all your calories are coming from before you start. The Database has almost all the foods in there, and you can even add your own if you want.

I put in my age, weight, and all the info it asked for and then I chose the "Lose 2 pounds per week" option. It gave the calorie count I could eat per day. That is the beauty. I could eat whatever I wanted (big macs, Pizza) as long as I did not exceed my calories for the day. This site was a lifesaver. Once you get used to using the site, it will take no more then 5 minutes to update your calories a day.

And for the first time I am going to take a picture of me on day 1 and then every 2 weeks or month.

If anyone signs up for a dailyplate calorie tracker and need any help with setup, let me know and I can help.

I just signed up, although I think your gonna have to write me up a tutorial or something. :? :|

Im kinda in the same boat!! I was in the Army for 6 years during this time I was required to do alot of running and stuff. I went in at 190 and over the 6 years went all the way down to 140-150 or so. Im 5'10 215 now...in Aug of 2006 I got out of the Army I was 50-160 or so.....so Ive put on alot after I got out.

My problem is now that Im out...im not required to run ETC...and I work 50 miles away from my house 1hr-1hr 10 minutes 1-way. I work long hours and by the time I get home Im so dead out I dont feel like running or anything so i just eat and rest up for the next day. Id say I would be ok, if my job didnt require alot of sitting and waiting....working in IT sucks for that reason... I like being outside and doing stuff.

whj812 said:
Id say I would be ok, if my job didnt require alot of sitting and waiting....working in IT sucks for that reason... I like being outside and doing stuff.

Office jobs are nice sometime, but they suck because of this reason..... :shock:

Well I signed up, and went upstairs here in the office and weighed :oops: . I'll leave it at that for now. I am going to get a head start beginning today. Good Lord I have a long row to hoe. I have got to get healthy for me and my kids/wife. My goal is 5 lbs per week.

I carried a pedometer one day at work. Just over 2 miles by the end of the day, all on concrete. And thats everyday for me. Plus the lifting, pushing, bending and pulling on those cars/wrenchs. The shops around 100 degrees during the summer. When I get home, Im shot. Glad it cooler for now.

im 28 now, fixin to be 29 in cpl weeks

ever since i was 14 or 15 i have weighted 185 soaking wet (im 6 ft 5 almost 6 in well call it 6 6) almost 3 years ago I quit smoking and went to 255 in 3 months!!!!!!!!!!! now i average 245-255... I feel bad, no energy, want to sleep, hard bending over to work. outta breath easily..... I work 8 hours day 5-6 days week sometimes up to 12-16 hours (always on call) and I fish a lot, figure I get lots of exercise that a way, but alas What a Burger is 2 blocks away and when I work late into night they only place open.!!!! so Diet Away!! Lets all shed a few lbs in 09!!!

whj812 said:
Id say I would be ok, if my job didnt require alot of sitting and waiting....working in IT sucks for that reason... I like being outside and doing stuff.

I am in the same situation - what i do when I am feeling fat and lazy is take a day or tow and work with my good friend in his tree cutting business. Dragging logs and all the other physical work that goes with it really burns of the weight. Since my son was born I have not gone out at all - and my waistline if showing it :cry:

Guess I better get my fat *** up and moving!

So here's a good question.....

Do any of you guys exercise during the winter? If so, How?

Bubba said:

Luckily I have a small Gym at work with a treadmill, elliptical machine, bicycle, and dumbbells. I work around that. I also bundle up and take the dog for a quick walk around the block every day.

Jim said:
Bubba said:

Luckily I have a small Gym at work with a treadmill, elliptical machine, bicycle, and dumbbells. I work around that. I also bundle up and take the dog for a quick walk around the block every day.

Yeah....Thats what sucks now too with me in the winter. I haven't got a space at home for anything like that, and by the time I get off work....its already dark. And I absolutely hate going to a gym, especially by myself. #-o

Wow.

When I was in high school and in college until I met my wife (hmm) I worked out 6 days a week, and was in good shape. I was at around 165 when i got married.

I am 5'8 and I got up to 210. I slowly saw my muscle vanish, and my love handles grow. I was wowed when I realized that I had broken 200lbs. I had been in a size 32 pants, and kept sucking it in and denied it for a while, then I finally moved to a 34, and then I started sucking in to button those pants, I had some 36's but I never admitted I was that size.

I started to cut back on my eating and got down to about 197, and then I did a soup diet, its a weird diet where you eat as much of this vegetable soup with something different each day (its weird, one day vegetable, one day fruit, one day tomato and beef, etc) I got down to about 190 on that ,and I decided I needed to get back in shape. I joined the "wellness center" at our local university (I get a really cheap membership bc I teach a Bible class there for free!), and I started working out 5 days a week and doing cardio 5 days a week.

I absolutely hate cardio. I've never been any good at it, I could work out for 2 hours. The fastest I've ever run a mile was like 7:30 and I felt like I was gonna die (that was in High School). I had never run more than a mile and a half in one try. I knew I needed cardio bc I was fat, and needed to lose weight, and I needed to work out because I needed muscle, bc muscle burns more calories than fat.
Long story less long, I have been working out now for 4 months, I've cut down my eating, and I rarely eat sweets (I never actually had much of a sweet tooth), I rarely drink soft drinks (but do LOVE sweet tea), my biggest problem is this: I LOVE TO EAT. I don't really like much veggies, I just love to eat meat and potatoes, and for me it was important to just start forcing myself to watch how MUCH I was eating. Anyhow, I'm down to a solid 180 now, I might could lose another 5 pounds, but I have muscle on me now I didn't have. I work out and run 3 miles Mon-Fri. I usually have a protein shake for breakfast. I am comfortably back in my 32's again and clothes I had are actually big on me now. I am stronger and faster than I've ever been in my life, and it is such a relief! I'm don't get sick as often as I used to, and there is the sense of pride that comes from being in shape, but more so, getting back in shape.

The wellness center is going to be closed for Christmas break, but I'll use our elliptical machine, and if I didn't have that, I'd jump rope or do something for cardio. I have a small weight set I'll be using (like the olden days of high school ;) ) and I am going to make sure that the changes in my life are here to stay.
I always said I didn't want to be a fat preacher, and when I became one (or was at least well on my way) it was discouraging.

To the guys who have jobs where they tend to be more sedentary (office guys), working out first thing in the morning will give you more energy. I really recommend working out early, before you eat. Lately, I've been doing it later at night, but working out before you eat breakfast is something like 300% more effective than working out at any other time during the day.

I also have switched to doing cardio first, and then weights, and that has made a difference for me as far as cutting fat. I hope it helps, I'll try to post some pics I had from before to now, I put on weight pretty evenly, but there is definitely a good difference in the "then" and "now". I hope this encourages some of you, you can do it! Once you start and get thru the first month, it gets easier and you start reaping the benefits (more energy, better health, more confidence). Stay at it, and say no to those seconds!

Latest posts