I gotta do it(JOIN US!!) we've started

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flounderhead59 said:
Also got a bathroom scale that tracks weight gains and losses from weigh in to weigh in.

I saw that scale:

truck_scale_1.jpg

I used the calorie counter when this thread was started and started to exercise at bit more but slipped into the holiday long weekend. Im back on now.

Couple things I hadnt realized until I used the counter, serving sizes on food packages are a lot less then I serve; and Zaxbys wings and things meal is EVIL. Who would have thought chicken could be that bad for you.

sccamper said:
I used the calorie counter when this thread was started and started to exercise at bit more but slipped into the holiday long weekend. Im back on now.

Couple things I hadnt realized until I used the counter, serving sizes on food packages are a lot less then I serve; and Zaxbys wings and things meal is EVIL. Who would have thought chicken could be that bad for you.

Just weighed myself. 272 :shock:

Its on :D

I know what you mean. I do serving sizes now with this diet. A serving size of wheat thins is like 16 crackers. Normally with a sandwich its a whole bag.

16 crackers is 130 or so calories. The whole bag has to be 2k plus. :shock:

Home cooked food is kind of tricky to track on the counter. Or its to time consuming for me to track down every ingrediant that goes in to a meal.

sccamper said:
Home cooked food is kind of tricky to track on the counter. Or its to time consuming for me to track down every ingrediant that goes in to a meal.

I agree but on the daily plate, you do it once, your ingredients always stay there or you can make it a meal and just enter a meal....time consuming for sure.

I'm basically cutting out the snack and super sized portions. Not gonna exercise because, well, I hate exercising. I do have to really limit myself on the snacks though. My wife got me a super sized 5 pound bag of salted in the shell peanuts and I looked on the label 160 cal per serving and 56 servings in the bag. 8960 calories in that bag :shock:

I have the opposite problem with trying to keep weight on (high metabolism), but my wife is on a diet right now and has lost 3lbs in the last week. The diet involves eating 5 meals a day. She does the North American Slim Down program by Larry North. It comes with a day planner type guide and has all types of guides for at-home meals and for restaurants. She doesn't do any type of exercise program, unless you count keeping up with grandkids when they're at the house. Oh, the diet also includes "cheat" days, so we ate at Taco Bell last night before we went to see a movie.

I'm counting points(weight wacthers) I used it before back in2000, I lost 60+ pounds with it then, its easy for me, just my style, Good luck with everyone, hopefully in just a few days we'll start hearing some reports on how much better we feel :wink:

Best of luck to all of you guys, my bag wasn't the weight, 5'6 only 160, but I was a heavy smoker, got tired of the hack, bad breath, stale smoke smell, ect. ect ect.. Well, I did it, it will be 5 yrs. in Aug, WOW do I feel bettler, I now have more energy then my 20 and 27 year old kids.
can out run them too.

DON'T GIVE UP GUYS, IT IS FOR YOUR OWN HEALTH AND YOU ALL KNOW IT, GITTER DONE, I DID. :mrgreen:

Waterwings said:
My wife did the points counting program also, and it worked. 8)

Cool 8) My wife started it back then and asked me to join her so I did(good husband) it was easy and quick to check for me, I was 230 and went down to 180, The restuarant books helped along with the grocery ons, I ate at Subway alot :lol:

You guys can do it, anyone try not eating after a certain time, say like 8 O'clock. If ya feel hungry maybe just drink some water. Just trying to help out.

get off your fat butts and go on a run or long walk every nite

you can eat all the twinkys you want! :mrgreen:

lol sorry i have the movie fat camp running threw my head rite now

Is it too late to join you guys?! I have been looking for some motivation and I just got a membership at a local gym for Christmas. At 19 years old, 6' 2" and 290, it aint fun at all. I started the diet last month and lost 5 pounds, but I am just getting started!

You guys are awesome for starting this =D>

Before Picture
biter5-1.jpg

CTAngler481 said:
Is it too late to join you guys?! I have been looking for some motivation and I just got a membership at a local gym for Christmas. At 19 years old, 6' 2" and 290, it aint fun at all. I started the diet last month and lost 5 pounds, but I am just getting started!

You guys are awesome for starting this =D>

Before Picture
biter5-1.jpg
Thats a big negative, its never too late my friend, glad you joined up before it IS too late :wink:

So hows everyone been doing on their weight?

I got down to around 230 and held it there for all of 2009(well almost) and well some worry's have came(you know job stuff from all the economy crap) and I did what I do best with worries and I ate!

I've went back up to 250 #-o so, Im back on again, can't ever give up I guess no matter how many times I fall [-o<

If I member right, I got down into the low 220's and am back up to 239 last night. My boss has to have his knee replaced and before surgery the doc said he should lose some weight. He started Jenny Craig and in 2 months dropped 45 pounds. Of course he was nearly 350 to start. Almost makes me wonder about it. He did say that the portion size was the hardest adjustment.

I hate portion control when I have stuff like this around:

Decemberporkbutt001.jpg

Decemberporkbutt002.jpg

decporkbutt001.jpg

decporkbutt003.jpg

Hmmmm.... I am new on this board. Just stumbled on this thread. At age 71 and 270 ( 6'2) I need to drop some weight.

One week ago I joined WeightWatchers. I did their NEW program for one week. I didn't seem to miss out on much. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but...by the end of the first week...I still had some points left over?????

Stupid me, I only weighed myself on their machine on the first day...so...I cannot tell if I gained or lost or held my own. Can't find the time to go to a meeting either.

All that I can say for sure...if I am losing weight, and still enjoying most of the foods that I love..... this program will be a good one for me. The new E (internet) program costs about $41.00 a month. Which is a lot....but worth it if it works! They said I could cancel at any time.

They have it set up on the internet...so I track everything that way..No way am I going to be carrying around a notebook and look up paper charts. Yesterday, I bought a "smart phone" and I understand that the program can be accessed that way, too. That would be best for me, because I could look up a burger or whatever BEFORE I bought it and ate it.

We shall see....rich

Latest posts