I gotta do it(JOIN US!!) we've started

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lightest I weighed in like forever was 202 back in 2005 while still a Navy RDC. Was at the doctor's office with the wife and for the heck of it I stepped on the scale. I was wearing my street clothes and shoes but stillI was 255. I am 5'10-5'11. 190 is where I would like to be. I HATE EXERCISE, I LOVE FOOD. Carbs and sweets, my 2 favorite food groups. Told the wife all candy in the house gets tossed while she is in Texas. We both snack a lot too.

Jim I signed up with the daiily plate when you first mentioned it (a year ago?) but it was confusing to me. Maybe I just need someone to slap me in the back of the head or something... Stop it Ahab, you do, and I'll tell everyone just how close you are to the coin jug guess.

flounderhead59 said:
Maybe I just need someone to slap me in the back of the head or something... Stop it Ahab, you do, and I'll tell everyone just how close you are to the coin jug guess.

****! I had my slapping hand all warmed up

Ok, I will do a tutorial to show you. It is a confusing site but very helpful because you realize you can eat more food if you eat healthier choices.

My thoughts for this round are short term goals with rewards. Whatever my starting weight is every time I lose 10-15 pounds I will eat a meal of my choice with no calorie counting or anything, but then right back to my diet for the next 10-15. That way I do not go too crazy.

I also plan to incorporate 80 ounces of water a day. Five 16 ounce bottles.

Jim said:
Ok, I will do a tutorial to show you. It is a confusing site but very helpful because you realize you can eat more food if you eat healthier choices.

My thoughts for this round are short term goals with rewards. Whatever my starting weight is every time I lose 10-15 pounds I will eat a meal of my choice with no calorie counting or anything, but then right back to my diet for the next 10-15. That way I do not go too crazy.

Can I mix some bourbon with the water?

flounderhead59 said:
Jim said:

As long as you do not exceed you calorie count for the day you can eat whatever you want! :LOL2:

It's a numbers game.

I am in for this too. I have only been happy with my weight once in my life. I was 190 when I went into college, now a year after graduating I am back around 240 where I started. I weighed myself a bit over a month ago the morning before I started a new job, and I was 237. I have not stepped back on the scale since. My job is very active, and I have been trying to do various lifting with my dumbells, situps, and pushups, but I have been slacking on that due to being tired form work. I don't rarely eat lunch, and eat only two meals daily, but they are big and unhealthy. I think I think I could drop weight fast if I changed up my diet....I just gotta do it :oops:

I will weigh in tomorrow morning for the official start weight

Well, I guess you could say I tried to get a jumpstart today. While on my lunchbreak with what little extra time I had(about 10 minutes) I jumped on the treadmill here at the house before I went back to lunch. Then this evening after supper I jumped back on it for a little bit. I realize 10 minutes isn't much, but its more than I would've gotten if I hadn't. I'm gonna try to force myself to get on it more often as I believe physical activity is the biggest part of my problem.

Jim said:
flounderhead59 said:
Jim said:

As long as you do not exceed you calorie count for the day you can eat whatever you want! :LOL2:

It's a numbers game.

You should check out my diet plan in the short story forum

Great article. I especially believe in the berries. I started feeling better...allot better when I would add a 1/2 cup of blueberries to my diet.

https://health.yahoo.com/experts/drmao/16890/7-energy-boosting-strategies/

11 more days guys! We need to stay focused

Karate20Kid.jpg

Jim said:
Great article. I especially believe in the berries. I started feeling better...allot better when I would add a 1/2 cup of blueberries to my diet.

https://health.yahoo.com/experts/drmao/16890/7-energy-boosting-strategies/

11 more days guys! We need to stay focused

Karate20Kid.jpg

I thought we were gonna try to lose some weight not wax cars???

I weighed myself yesterday morning before work, I actually lost 7 pounds since the last time I weighed myself. I was pretty happy with that considering I have not been trying at all. I will be sure to gain that weight back over Christmas and new years....

Gotta go to BPS to buy my map chip and figured I'd stop and buy a bathroom scale while I'm out. Sorta hard to track weight loss/gains without one.

4 more days to eat like a pig! Then it's on! :beer:

Lean cuisines, Fruits and vegies, Portion control and tons of exercise. :LOL2:

Be right back, going to go get a large special pizza. :lol:

im in guys. 5'9 and 380 lbs. my biggest hurdle is im lazy. next i drive a truck with my wife. most days, we dont have time to stop to walk for 10 minutes. i do try to walk around the truck repeatedly while im fueling. our food options arent the best. one gets tired of subway pretty quick, although im trying to convince myself that being healthy is more important than enjoying food. other issue is my wife and mother-in-law know how to cook and i LOVE to eat. so when we come home and i get a home cooked meal, i eat til im stuffed. no willpower here.

I just left the Chinese buffet. I plan to start tomorrow. My goal right now id 50lbs off by May 1st.

Are we going to start a new thread for sign up and to track everyone?

flounderhead59 said:
Gotta go to BPS to buy my map chip and figured I'd stop and buy a bathroom scale while I'm out. Sorta hard to track weight loss/gains without one.

Which map chip did you finally decide on??

I got the Navionics East chip. It has Illinois and Tennessee. Not planning on much Wiscoland fishing (at least with the boat) so I went with the one that had both here and Dale Hollow. Guess that means I'm pretty much determined to go this next October.

I tried that daily plate thing again and just get lost and confused. I can probably keep track easier on an excel spreadsheet. I'll thinkI'll carry a wheel book with me to record what I eat and then enter it in Excel on a daily basis. Also got a bathroom scale that tracks weight gains and losses from weigh in to weigh in. Didn't get the one that tracks your entire weight loss history though.