if youre using Lowes carpet...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russo

Reaction score
dont go too generous with the glue, it WILL soak through a bit :(
that being said, i don't terribly care much and just wanna get the thing on the water to cover it in fish blood

russo said:
dont go too generous with the glue, it WILL soak through a bit :(
that being said, i don't terribly care much and just wanna get the thing on the water to cover it in fish blood

Good to know! Is it dry yet? Did it stain?

yeah it wrecked the carpet a little bit in a few spots
but i knew going in that the carpet wasnt going to be long term
if i can get a couple years out of it ill be happy
then i move on to big-boy "real" boat carpet

Were you using the marine grade carpet that is rubber backed? I covered all the wood with glue with a notched trowel and didn't have any issues.

the 3 lowes near me didnt have "marine grade" so im using the more expensive outdor carpet
my boat will be sheltered/covered and i dont expect it to stay wet for any extended periods of time

and ill be happy if the carpet just lasts a couple years
the bleed through mostly dried fine, it looks like faded bloodstains so im cool with it

Same for me Lowes carpet and notched trowel that they recomended. They did say to spread it purty thin though, so I did, and no problems.

Dave

i went a lot lighter with it this time for the other deck and it worked fine
live and learn!

I used lowe's carpet but bought the stratos stuff there. What type of glue did you use. I used contact cement for the piece work and Henry's on the floor. I didn't have any soak through though. At least you'll be happy to know that it has held up for almost two years of hard fishing :D