Lil Bitz, a 15ft john boat modifcation

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha nice try but no, it's for my live well, I'll take some pics of it as I install it, so you can get a better picture of what I'm doing.

Rain never let up today or yesterday, so I got next to nothing done, lots of supplies little progress! That's what I get for having 3 days off in a row!

I was able to get a little bit done bewteen showers but not much! So it's lookin like it's gonna get put off until next week!

Attachments

• Livewell1.JPG
    Livewell1.JPG
    437.3 KB · Views: 1,389
Here are a few updates of some work I got done today, basically I'm putting two recurulating pumps on the side of a 5 gallon bucket as well as a b-15 bubble master on it for air. It's not a perfect deal but for my little boat, and as often as I used shrimp it'll keep the dozen or so I buy when it's cold hopping around!

Attachments

• Livewell2.JPG
    Livewell2.JPG
    383 KB · Views: 1,377
  • Livewell3.JPG
    Livewell3.JPG
    389.5 KB · Views: 1,377
  • Livewell4.JPG
    Livewell4.JPG
    469.6 KB · Views: 1,377
  • Livewell5.JPG
    Livewell5.JPG
    351.3 KB · Views: 1,377
  • Livewell6.JPG
    Livewell6.JPG
    358.2 KB · Views: 1,377
Here are some pics of the pumps to give u an idea of how it'll flow the water through the live well, I've got a mount I'm making for it outa plywood and when I'm done I'll send pics of it and of how the water flows through it. As well as let y'all know how she works.

Attachments

• Baitwell1.JPG
    Baitwell1.JPG
    392.3 KB · Views: 1,377
  • Baitwell2.JPG
    Baitwell2.JPG
    386.6 KB · Views: 1,377
  • Baitwell3.JPG
    Baitwell3.JPG
    367.2 KB · Views: 1,377
  • Baitwell4.JPG
    Baitwell4.JPG
    434.2 KB · Views: 1,377
Mp the paddle holders I got off cabelas or bass pro not sure which, they work pretty sweet! Keeps things nice and organized.

And Big Wave, come on brother you know I bleed a different color orange with some blue mixed in! Haha hard to miss on my boat!

I like this design for a round baitwell. but i am curious as to why you are using 2 recirculating pumps. thanks and great looking build

Thanks high voltage, I have two pumps mostly because I had a coupon at Wal-Mart, and it came out I got two for the price of one, that and with two pumps I can really circulate the water to keep the shrimp kicking...I actually also have a b-15 aeroator that I'm gonna put on it as well, with two air houses. All this should add up to some really skipping around shrimpies.

This are some photos of my electrical set up for my live well, basically I cut up an extension cord that had multi-stranded 12 gauge wire in it, shrink wrapped connections, and have some quick disconnects in bewteen the battery and pumps to make a ghetto but effective way to disconnect the pumps when I want to turn them off and on.

Attachments

• battery connections.JPG
    battery connections.JPG
    400.5 KB · Views: 1,330
  • quick disconnects.JPG
    quick disconnects.JPG
    535.6 KB · Views: 1,330
  • shrink wrap.JPG
    shrink wrap.JPG
    478.8 KB · Views: 1,330
  • wiring1.JPG
    wiring1.JPG
    514.1 KB · Views: 1,330
These photos show a boat cover system I bought from wal-mart I think it was like 10 bucks, you have to add the 2x4 obviously and the tarp, but I had both laying around. I'll let everyone know how it works, but mostly I'm using it to keep out leaves, the water is no big deal to me.

Attachments

• boat cover mount.JPG
    boat cover mount.JPG
    402.1 KB · Views: 1,328
  • Boat cover mount2.JPG
    Boat cover mount2.JPG
    535.1 KB · Views: 1,328
  • Boat cover mount3.JPG
    Boat cover mount3.JPG
    474.3 KB · Views: 1,328
  • Boat cover mount4.JPG
    Boat cover mount4.JPG
    518.2 KB · Views: 1,328
I decided to go ahead and mount my dance floor of a front casting deck, and of course it poure d today! I mounted it mostly because the old man and I are gonna wet a line in Tampa for X-mas, he and I don't get together as much so super stoaked to do it!

Also decided to post a few pictures of how she sits at the moment.

Sorry it wouldn't let me post the pics last night for some reason. :LOL2:

Attachments

• my dance floor1.JPG
    my dance floor1.JPG
    518 KB · Views: 901
  • my dance floor2.JPG
    my dance floor2.JPG
    497.5 KB · Views: 901
  • my dance floor3.JPG
    my dance floor3.JPG
    489.1 KB · Views: 901
  • boat as she sits atm1.JPG
    boat as she sits atm1.JPG
    500.7 KB · Views: 901
  • boat as she shits atm2.JPG
    boat as she shits atm2.JPG
    474.8 KB · Views: 901
  • boat as she sits atm3.JPG
    boat as she sits atm3.JPG
    454.6 KB · Views: 901
Decided to take the roomates dog karma out on the boat today, for a little booze cruise.

Her first time on the boat so she was a little scared at first, but she got to bark at birds, I cought a few small bass, all in all good day on the water.

Attachments

• karma2.JPG
    karma2.JPG
    385.8 KB · Views: 883
  • karma3.JPG
    karma3.JPG
    373.2 KB · Views: 883
  • karma4.JPG
    karma4.JPG
    447.2 KB · Views: 883
  • karma5.JPG
    karma5.JPG
    424.1 KB · Views: 883
  • karma6.JPG
    karma6.JPG
    402.8 KB · Views: 883
  • karma7.JPG
    karma7.JPG
    507.9 KB · Views: 883
  • karma8.JPG
    karma8.JPG
    466.7 KB · Views: 883
  • karma9.JPG
    karma9.JPG
    442.6 KB · Views: 883
Then on the way back I saw this crazy thing, the guy told me he gets paid (by the state) to cut hydrallia grass and stuff with it, pretty cool!

Attachments

• grass cutting machine1.JPG
    grass cutting machine1.JPG
    450.8 KB · Views: 883
  • grass cutting machine2.JPG
    grass cutting machine2.JPG
    569.5 KB · Views: 883
  • grass cutting machine3.JPG
    grass cutting machine3.JPG
    532.2 KB · Views: 883
  • grass cutting machine4.JPG
    grass cutting machine4.JPG
    557.5 KB · Views: 883
  • grass cutting machine5.JPG
    grass cutting machine5.JPG
    508 KB · Views: 883
I ended up not able to bring my boat, my grandmother fell so I had to go over early to the hospital. All is well just a dislocated shoulder but you know how that goes. Thank you anyway brother.