MINE ALL MINE!!! Lowe 1436

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did a little more work today... have been putting off the electrical system on my boat for a while simply cause i didnt know where i wanted to put the switch panel! the other day i was looking at my boat and it just dawned on me... this is what i came up with!

mine68.jpg
mine67.jpg
mine66.jpg

not finished yet but you get the idea! :)

ok so i finally started the wiring!!! got the bow light installed, l.e.d boat lights installed, all the wiring run for all the lights, the livewell, and the fish finder... also installed a quick connect/disconnect for the trolling motor. hopefully my time at the boat ramp will be cut down drastically! :)

also put a few pole holders as well... one on the electric console and two flush mounts on the front deck.

mine69.jpg
the two white circles are the flush mount pole holders... (picture kinda sucks)
mine70.jpg
mine71.jpg
mine72.jpg
mine73.jpg

I'm not sure which I appreciate more:

the work you do, and have done on your boats; or the enthusiasm and planning with which you describe and implement the work.

Always a satisfying post to review.

=D>

Kismet said:

the work you do, and have done on your boats; or the enthusiasm and planning with which you describe and implement the work.

=D>
I agree!

Kismet said:

=D>

wow... that is VERY nice of you to say! THANK YOU!!! :)

i just re-read your forum... i love how your boat turned out and especially love your old johnson outboard! and i REALLY love your fishing buddy! haha

a few fishing pictures from this evening...

981.jpg

almost 1lb crappie!
985.jpg

986.jpg

my baby bass... haha!
982.jpg

had to let her out fish me! :)
98.jpg

Very nice work on your 1436! Working on a similar project with my Lowe 1436L, really likw how you did your front deck and storage area too.

IDAHOAUGER said:
Very nice work on your 1436! Working on a similar project with my Lowe 1436L, really likw how you did your front deck and storage area too.

thank you! i love my boat... not finished yet but fishable :)

id love to see your build/boat! do you have a build link?

so i have been doing quite a bit of fishing with 3 people on the boat and have come to the conclusion.... i need a 25hp outboard! :) the boat does fine with one or two people but that third person just makes the boat soooo slow! only about 15mph max! im hoping i can find a great deal on CL or can find someone that is interested in trading for my yamaha 15? i hate to get ride of my motor cause its in PERFECT condition and it also can pass for a 9.9 for those regulated lakes. but i would be much happier with a 25

Great thread. You got a nice rig and the motor sounds sweet on the video.
Have you considered a new prop for when carrying a heavier load? You may squeeze a couple more ponies out of it? It probably won't be a screamer, but may keep you satisfied until you up-size your rig. Just a thought. Good luck.

Hey great looking build you have going on. I've lurked on here for awhile and watched your other boat as it progressed also.
I am starting my boat now also. I have a couple questions for ya if you don't mind.

1) How are you attaching the plywood to the boat? Are your seats bolted to the plywood or are you using toggle bolts and going all the way through the aluminum?

2) How are you attaching the carpet to the plywood?

3)How did you attach your wooden electrical switch box to the boat also?

I appreciate the info.

i wish i had place on the peninsula that werent electric only. but crappie bass and pickeral are biting like crazy in the lakes i fish right now.

Man this is one wicked thread. =D> \:D/ Love what you did with your boat and definatly going to steal some idea's from you. I was wondering where you fished at in virginia. I live in Chesapeake and we have only gone to BOB's fishing hole but never really caught anything there. :oops: Great place but just not catching anything. Havent really heard of other places to fish :fishing2: at or try and I understand if you dont want to give away your honey hole. Thanks :fishing:

jasper60103 said:
Great thread. You got a nice rig and the motor sounds sweet on the video.
Have you considered a new prop for when carrying a heavier load? You may squeeze a couple more ponies out of it? It probably won't be a screamer, but may keep you satisfied until you up-size your rig. Just a thought. Good luck.

i have thought about a different prop... but i dont know anything about them! lol... i wouldnt have the slightest idea of how to know what prop to buy?

tooned out said:
Hey great looking build you have going on. I've lurked on here for awhile and watched your other boat as it progressed also.
I am starting my boat now also. I have a couple questions for ya if you don't mind.

1) How are you attaching the plywood to the boat? Are your seats bolted to the plywood or are you using toggle bolts and going all the way through the aluminum?

2) How are you attaching the carpet to the plywood?

3)How did you attach your wooden electrical switch box to the boat also?

I appreciate the info.

thank you for your compliment! i love my boat and love how it turned out! to answer your questions...

1) i used sheet metal screws and drilled strait thru the wood and into the aluminum boat seats in the corners. no toggle bolts and i havent had any issues with the wood separating from the boat

2) i used a staple gun for the carpet to the wood on all three of the boats i have built and will continue to do so in any future builds too

3) i built a lip on the "face" of the wooden electrical box that is screwed down to the back platform. here is a picture that shows the lip a little better....
mine68.jpg

good luck in your build and post lots of pictures!

joseph101088 said:
i wish i had place on the peninsula that werent electric only. but crappie bass and pickeral are biting like crazy in the lakes i fish right now.

i wish the crappie, bass and pickeral would bite like crazy in the places i fish! haha...

Latest posts