MINE ALL MINE!!! Lowe 1436

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TxTightLiner said:
Nice build !
I like how you built you front deck.
I have been crappie fishing twice now using artificial baits and the bites have been real slow at best, a buddy of mine fished the same brush pile I did and caught 22 on minnows.
So I know what ill be using next trip!

there is definitely an art to fishing crappie with artificial lures... in my experience its a combination of right color, weight, size, movement, depth, and luck all together! haha... i havent gotten it all figured out yet and still use minnows from time to time! try using 1/32nd ounce jig heads. the crappie guys all tell me small bait is best!

It's the same with all types of fishing, the less weight you use (in light winds), means the more action a soft plastic, crankbait, spinner bait, etc has. For instance bass fishing I never use a weight on any jerkbaits, trick worms, or worms, just upsize the hook from a 1/0 to whatever 5/0 to add weight, just a tip.

had a fun day fishing today! heres some pictures...

bobs.jpg

bobs1.jpg

bobs2.jpg

bobs3.jpg

bobs4.jpg

bobs7.jpg

bobs8.jpg

bobs10.jpg

bobs12.jpg

bobs13.jpg

bobs15.jpg

bobs16.jpg

came up with this today... i dont have a ton of crappie poles and i am a huge fan of cast/retrieve but i figured i could try spider rigging. i dont have alot of money to spend on a professionally made spider rig pole holder set-up... so i figured i could make something myself! like i said i dont have alot of poles so i made it to only hold two poles. but that is two more poles in the water than without this set-up!

spider.jpg

spider2.jpg

spider6.jpg

spider5.jpg

and before you ask... yes it is sturdy! haha... its not as sturdy as metal but i pulled on the end of my line harder than any fish ever will and it held up just fine!

Nice crappie fishing is big in Gainesville, it's fun but I drink too many beers while doin it...too much free time! I prefer saltwater cause it keeps me busy....

Great boat build! I have a couple questions for you if you don't mind. I am soon getting a Tracker 1542 and am going to deck it out and carpet it ect. But i would like to know how you did your decking. What did you use for supports for the plywood and how did you mount them. Also did you glue the carpet or just use staples?

Thank you very much! Nice job on the boat aswell.

Gators5220 said:
Nice crappie fishing is big in Gainesville, it's fun but I drink too many beers while doin it...too much free time! I prefer saltwater cause it keeps me busy....[/quot

Thats funny. We have nice speck fishing in Flagler County, dead lake. Ive been starting to fish more in the flats and have to say, lots of action.