MINE ALL MINE!!! Lowe 1436

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
inlovewithsurfin said:
heres a video of the Yamaha 15 running now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw1lEa51-Ys&feature=youtu.be

I am so flipping jealous!!! You cant even buy that motor used on craigslist for 500$ looks like shes running great!

thank you guys!!! i did get very lucky on this deal! my fiance says im "obsessed" with craigslist... but i keep telling her that you have to be on non stop looking for the deals cause they go fast! someone else could have easily been the first person to reply to the PO's post and i wouldnt have been the lucky one...

anyways.. i am very anxious to do some mods to this boat and the 1430 Delhi but i have spent all my "play" money for now so i have to wait to get paid friday before i do much of anything... i ordered a power pack for the evinrude 9.9 and it should be here sometime this week so hopefully there will be a video to post of that running also! :)

:beer: I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with this disease! I'm looking forward to watching your next build!

inlovewithsurfin said:
i wasnt able to get the 9.9 running :/ even after a new coil i still didnt have spark on one cylinder. i even jumped the kill switch and still no spark... so i have determined that i need a power pack? anyone else think it could be anything else?

since you are getting spark on one cylinder, your powerpack is probably good. if the coils, hi tension wires and plugs are new, i think your problem is with the lead going from the pack to the sparkless coil.....try to switch the leads from one coil to the other, if i'm right, the spark should also switch places.....in this case, the problem could be a loose/dirty/broken connector or a broken wire, but if the broken wire is burried in the resin, then you'd have to replace the powerpack anyway..if the spark doesn't switch places, then check the sparkelss coil, hi-tension wire or spark plug cap....goodluck and keep us posted. i learned this due to a recent powerpack problem with my 6.5hp johnson, i was lucky to find a new powerpack on ebay for $40......but i guess i'm not as lucky as you....congrats on the awesome deal.

inlovewithsurfin said:
i am going to use the heck out of it! :)
based on your boating history, i can't help but doubt this statement....hahaha.

inlovewithsurfin said:
i am going to use the heck out of it! :)
based on your boating history, i can't help but doubt this statement....hahaha.[/quote]

haha... 3 boats in 1 month!? whats wrong with that? lol... but seriously... this one im keeping for awhile! the others are just to have fun building and then sell them for a little extra "wedding money" :)

J.P. said:
inlovewithsurfin said:
i wasnt able to get the 9.9 running :/ even after a new coil i still didnt have spark on one cylinder. i even jumped the kill switch and still no spark... so i have determined that i need a power pack? anyone else think it could be anything else?

since you are getting spark on one cylinder, your powerpack is probably good. if the coils, hi tension wires and plugs are new, i think your problem is with the lead going from the pack to the sparkless coil.....try to switch the leads from one coil to t [he other, if i'm right, the spark should also switch places.....in this case, the problem could be a loose/dirty/broken connector or a broken wire, but if the broken wire is burried in the resin, then you'd have to replace the powerpack anyway..if the spark doesn't switch places, then check the sparkelss coil, hi-tension wire or spark plug cap....goodluck and keep us posted. i learned this due to a recent powerpack problem with my 6.5hp johnson, i was lucky to find a new powerpack on ebay for $40......but i guess i'm not as lucky as you....congrats on the awesome deal.

It didnt make sense to me that the power pack would only send spark to one coil? but i dont know much about outboards and didnt know if they were different than cars? i found a brand new in box powerpack on ebay for $50 with free shipping so i went ahead and ordered it. i probably should have tried wiggling the wires around and playing with the connections but it was hot outside and mosquitoes were eating me alive and i got frustrated! lol... thank you for your help! maybe tomorrow i will play around with the wires and connections and see if that does anything before the powerpack arrives?

Brandon said:
inlovewithsurfin said:
Brandon said:
Hey there neighbor! I live in Newport News. Anyhow, awesome deal you got on the jon boat! Did you happen to get this off of craigslist? I think I saw a boat similar for the same price.

haha... ya you saw the same one i bought! it took many emails and 3 days for the guy to actually call me to go get it and his trailer broke literally in half before it moved a foot... then the massive storm hit! but i eventually got the boat home to my house where i am going to use the heck out of it! :)

Awesome! What a killer deal!! I almost emailed them just for the motor. Looking for a small outboard myself. Have fun and fish the crap out of her.

Hey, are you still looking for a small outboard?....I might have something to offer...need to check first if you are interested.

haha... ya you saw the same one i bought! it took many emails and 3 days for the guy to actually call me to go get it and his trailer broke literally in half before it moved a foot... then the massive storm hit! but i eventually got the boat home to my house where i am going to use the heck out of it! :)

Awesome! What a killer deal!! I almost emailed them just for the motor. Looking for a small outboard myself. Have fun and fish the crap out of her.

Hey, are you still looking for a small outboard?....I might have something to offer...need to check first if you are interested.

sent you a PM, MNHunter. Thanks

Buddychrist said:
hunterguy86 said:
I took a class down here in Texas some years back. Lots of good info! At least here it was. Covered way more than just laws. They taught knots and all kinds of other stuff.

To the original poster, that's an awesome boat for a screaming deal! Enjoy it.

I learned all of my knots in fire college and my signature knot is the Modified bowline knot that I can make in under 2 seconds. They actually made us make knots blindfolded in full gear in the burn house and test them by dragging someone out with it.

I'll post an instructional on how to make the speed bowline, takes a while to learn but when you are at the dock and start flipping the rope around like your crazy and voila a bowline pops out, people start asking questions. I had a fisherman show me a few of his honey holes in trade for a five minute lesson on that knot.

Darn good trade if you ask me!

That is a good trade. Learned quite a few in fire academy as well. The one handed bowline is dang handy. I use "8" knots quite a bit as well.

inlovewithsurfin said:
It didnt make sense to me that the power pack would only send spark to one coil? but i dont know much about outboards and didnt know if they were different than cars? i found a brand new in box powerpack on ebay for $50 with free shipping so i went ahead and ordered it. i probably should have tried wiggling the wires around and playing with the connections but it was hot outside and mosquitoes were eating me alive and i got frustrated! lol... thank you for your help! maybe tomorrow i will play around with the wires and connections and see if that does anything before the powerpack arrives?

by the way, switching the wires is just for testing...if you find the problem and finally get both plugs to fire, install the orange lead wires back in the proper order. solid orange below, orange with blue stripe on top...installing them the wrong way around might mess with the firing order, i said "might" because i did not try it, no plans of doing so....i have limited experience so don't take me too seriously....

well... FINALLY got to take the new boat out on the water! very short lived due to a massive thunder storm that we managed to beat home BARELY!!! lol... but i took her out in the big ol' Atlantic ocean! 3-4 foot chop and all! i had to give her a thorough test! haha... it was amazing!!! the yamaha 15 pushes that boat like lightning! :) this boat is everything i could ask for! heres some pics...

mine16.jpg
mine23.jpg
mine27.jpg
mine17.jpg
mine18.jpg
mine19.jpg
mine26.jpg
after going out in some chop! :)
mine22.jpg
this boat is soo much more stable!!!
mine24.jpg
mine25.jpg
big storm coming in!
mine21.jpg
mine20.jpg

went out today with my fiance and her brother fishing in hells creek and took a cruise out to back bay in the new boat. i was very happy with how the boat and motor handle with 3 people in it! i found a few things that need attention one of which is pole holders are needed BADLY! and the middle bench storage isnt all that great for holding ice and fish. i am thinking about turning it into a livewell somehow? and seats are needed cause its not comfortable sitting on the benches. fish didnt bite all that well today AGAIN... lol... we caught one nice size catfish and two white bass that we kept. all the rest were baby fish. i think we needed to get out earlier and we would have had better luck?

anyways... heres a video of us going full speed in the creek with 3 people. a HUGE difference from Buckshot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VNyjHUrkTA&feature=youtu.be

heres some pictures as well...

mine28.jpg
mine30.jpg
mine29.jpg
mine31.jpg
mine32.jpg

I see you went out with two electric motors (front and back). Have you been able to try the 1 on the bow, I'm planning to put 1 on the front of mine and was curious to know if you liked it?

Cheers,

Scott1298 said:
I see you went out with two electric motors (front and back). Have you been able to try the 1 on the bow, I'm planning to put 1 on the front of mine and was curious to know if you liked it?

Cheers,

the front trolling motor came with the boat when i bought it. i dont know if it works or not? i hope it does work and if it does i will gladly leave it up there! but the wiring was shot when i got the boat so i took it all out and havent replaced it yet. i do find it easier to have the trolling motor in the back when i am fishing with someone else because i am only in the back. if i do go by myself it would be nice to have a trolling motor up front to control the boat while i fish from the front.

so after going out to 3 different walmarts tonight in search of boat seats i finally found some that i can live with that dont cost an arm and a leg! dont know if i will keep them on this boat or pass them off on the Delhi 1430? but they will work for now!

mine33.jpg
mine34.jpg

also bought an aerator for the custom livewell i am going to build in the storage compartment in the middle bench seat.

livewell.jpg

dont mind the ripped up carpet on the front deck! depending on time and weather this weekend... i am thinking about redoing the decking on the boat to my liking as well as new carpet :)

I was looking at similar seats. How comfortable are they? Great looking boat btw