MINE ALL MINE!!! Lowe 1436

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone out there considering making some storage compartments in their boat? i ran across this at home depot the other day and am trying to come up with a way to use some of them in my boat for tackle storage. possibly cutting holes in the rear bench for these to fit inside?

storage.jpg

https://www.homedepot.com/Storage-Organization-Storage-Totes-Baskets/h_d1/N-5yc1vZb9oj/R-202328880/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051#.UDL5xo7ZXlI

theres a link for them...

Brandon said:
Really!! 18$ for a 6x8 roll?? Do you have the stock number?

I saw the boat you posted tonight.

im not positive but i think this may be it?

https://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=291490-373-3W36500200&langId=-1&storeId=10151&productId=3358044&catalogId=10051&cmRelshp=rel&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

its in the back by the carpet next to the pre-cut turf rolls...

i love it!!! the first time it gets wet or you wash it there is alot of soapy/glue stuff that rinses out but it goes away after a good spray down.... thats my only complaint (if that is a complaint?) i bought two rolls for my boat and still had a little left over. so for $40 you have your boat carpeted! i think i paid close to $50 or more for the carpet i bought for "Buckshot" at home depot? and i like this stuff better!

inlovewithsurfin said:
anyone out there considering making some storage compartments in their boat? i ran across this at home depot the other day and am trying to come up with a way to use some of them in my boat for tackle storage. possibly cutting holes in the rear bench for these to fit inside?

View attachment 1

https://www.homedepot.com/Storage-Organization-Storage-Totes-Baskets/h_d1/N-5yc1vZb9oj/R-202328880/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051#.UDL5xo7ZXlI

I keep thinking a guy could cut a hole in the seat to fit a good hatch, then cut a slightly larger/wider plastic storage compartment to the same depth as the seat & "twist" it through the hole, then put the hatch on to keep clean edges and centered.

Attachments

• 29337-1-th.jpg
    29337-1-th.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 884
inlovewithsurfin said:
Scott1298 said:
inlovewithsurfin said:
ya.... unfortunately it is OSB... i went as cheap as possible this route and i may regret it? but for now it works good... it may last a whole lot longer coated in spar urethane. when this stuff rots i will re-do everything the right way! i just wanted to get this done to fish on before winter.

I've got an untreated sheet of OSB that's been laying in the back of my pickup for 10 years; it's handled Canadian winters, the dogs, and everything I've thrown on it! That board might be on there longer than you think :lol:

well thats good news then! i just figured that since it was cheap that it would be junk? lol...

Yeah I agree because the 14footer that I bought a month ago has OSB for the transom that the previous owner put there 2 years ago and all that is coating it is spray paint. That stuff it actually more durable than people give it credit for :)

inlovewithsurfin said:
Brandon said:
Hey man. Where are you buying your carpet and how much is it? I also saw buckshot on CL :)

the black(dark grey) carpet in my 1430 and in this boat came from lowes... its outdoor carpet and comes pre-cut in rolls 6'x8' for $18 a roll...

did you see "buckshot" or the grey 14ft boat i just built on CL? i just posted that one tonight... not in a hurry to sell cause i get to use it till i do :)

I agree on the dark grey carpet. I had special ordered olive carpet, but cancelled the order because I liked the way the dark grey looked with my paint. It was also $40 cheaper than the special order carpet. Just under $18 a roll. Im happy if it holds up for a season. Im sure it will as I store the boat in my garage.

trueblue1970 said:
inlovewithsurfin said:
Brandon said:
Hey man. Where are you buying your carpet and how much is it? I also saw buckshot on CL :)

the black(dark grey) carpet in my 1430 and in this boat came from lowes... its outdoor carpet and comes pre-cut in rolls 6'x8' for $18 a roll...

did you see "buckshot" or the grey 14ft boat i just built on CL? i just posted that one tonight... not in a hurry to sell cause i get to use it till i do :)

I agree on the dark grey carpet. I had special ordered olive carpet, but cancelled the order because I liked the way the dark grey looked with my paint. It was also $40 cheaper than the special order carpet. Just under $18 a roll. Im happy if it holds up for a season. Im sure it will as I store the boat in my garage.

I am going to pick up a roll today when I get off work. :)

more pictures!!!! got some more work done tonight :) not finished but looking more complete!

mine54.jpg

mine53.jpg

mine55.jpg

mine56.jpg

mine57.jpg

mine58.jpg

inlovewithsurfin said:

Thats pretty funny because i have been planning to use these the whole time!

i still am planning on using those little storage containers... i am thinking about putting a couple up front on the front deck mounted to the underside of the wood with little hatches to gain access and also thinking heavily about cutting a couple rectangle holes in my back bench and having one on each side of my back seat for some tackle storage. i will loose a little bit of foam but i dont think the small amount will matter that much?

also still have wiring and a switch panel to install! i have to perminately run the livewell pump wires as well as install the livewell lights/wires. i have ordered some other lights for the inside of the boat for night fishing that i have to mount and run wires as well as a bow/stern/anchor lights too... then run it all to a switch panel that i have to figure out where i am going to mount. i will hopefully get some/all of this done this weekend when fishing doesnt get in the way! :)

You've worked around the existing bow mount platform, so I assume you like it... how is it attached, do you have a close up picture?

Thx

Scott1298 said:
You've worked around the existing bow mount platform, so I assume you like it... how is it attached, do you have a close up picture?

Thx

yes i did work around it... as far as liking it... i think it has potential! lol. someone somewhere down the line did a really professional job welding some heavy duty aluminum to the front bench and the bow rail to make the mount that LOOKS like it could be factory! (i know its not)... i decided to keep it in case i ever do go with a bow mounted trolling motor. for right now i will probably mount a spotlight or something to it?

ill try and get a close-up picture soon

Not to thread jack but this starting to creepy. :shock: EVERY single think that you listed Ive had planned for a couple of months for my big build. Im wanna see how yours comes out! :D

theyyounggun said:
Not to thread jack but this starting to creepy. :shock: EVERY single think that you listed Ive had planned for a couple of months for my big build. Im wanna see how yours comes out! :D

haha... great minds think alike!

Scott1298 said:
inlovewithsurfin said:

View attachment 1

I keep thinking a guy could cut a hole in the seat to fit a good hatch, then cut a slightly larger/wider plastic storage compartment to the same depth as the seat & "twist" it through the hole, then put the hatch on to keep clean edges and centered.

This is exactly what I'm planning on doing to my back bench seat.

Looks great, nice job on the carpet. It doesnt look like you notched the sides of the floor, so it fits between the ribs. Ive seen a few guys do it, some do not. I know you gain a couple of inches if you so, or it appears thats way. Do you think it makes much of a difference? The open sides dont bother me...

trueblue1970 said:
Looks great, nice job on the carpet. It doesnt look like you notched the sides of the floor, so it fits between the ribs. Ive seen a few guys do it, some do not. I know you gain a couple of inches if you so, or it appears thats way. Do you think it makes much of a difference? The open sides dont bother me...

well unfortunately my first attempt at the front deck didnt work out so well!!! measure measure measure! lol... so a whole sheet of plywood had to get scraped for whatever i could use it for. so the middle deck is still the previous owner's pressure treated plywood just with my new carpet on it. i will replace it soon and i will probably cut notches for the boat braces similar to what i did on my 1430...

the open sides do bother me cause a couple rogue fish have already flopped under the decking once or twice! lol...

went to Bass Pro today... i have been trying to find something for my livewell to seperate the bait from the fish while still keeping the bait alive and i think i found it?! its a $4.00 cricket keeper but i think its gonna work perfect for small shiners in my livewell... dont mind the white caulk... i grabbed the wrong tube! :x

mine60.jpg

also have been planning on putting a third seat on the front of my boat for fishing with 3... didnt want another seat like the other 2 i have cause they are big and bulky and wont stow under my front hatch. found this today for $28!!! its gonna work perfect! its simple and small but yet gives the third person something to sit on and it even matches my other two seat!

mine59.jpg

when i got home there was a package at my front door! i love ebay... these are going to be my boat lighting for inside the boat when im fishing at night! blue LED rope lights made for 12volt and they were $18 a piece (i bought two... one for the back and middle bench)

mine61.jpg

Latest posts