MINE ALL MINE!!! Lowe 1436

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
theyyounggun said:
Nice! What time will dinner be ready? :LOL2:
Did you use the Livewell? If so how did it work out

dangit.... i was hoping i could get away without talking about the livewell! lol... well it works and it keeps the fish alive! but something isnt sealed up all the way and it leaked water into my boat today :/ i will have to look into it further. i need a bilge pump in my boat anyways! :)

Looking good man, especially the fishy fishy!!! =D>

So, the mid seat has to be moved to access the live-well? I'm so confused... and so new to this concept of working on aluminum boats.

Talons

Nice day there fishing, good for you. You cant beat that...

How do you like those peds for your seats? They seem to be a good height. I may not go with that sliding track I have and go with what you have. I found the seats at Gander for $45 and they come with the side console that attaches to the seat; holds a drink and other stuff.

I wanted to also ask you how is it with the rear seat centered? Is it uncomfortable when controlling your motor? My rear bench already has a hole for a ped. seat.

Talons said:
Looking good man, especially the fishy fishy!!! =D>

So, the mid seat has to be moved to access the live-well? I'm so confused... and so new to this concept of working on aluminum boats.

Talons

well with a small jon boat space is very limited so unfortunately i cant afford to waste space. the seat on top of the livewell is more for sitting on while traveling and i am going to have a post seat further up front for fishing. all of my seats are simply removable and very light weight. accessing the livewell is actually an easy task as long as my fiance isnt sitting on it! :) and the seat stays in place while opening and closing the livewell.

trueblue1970 said:
I wanted to also ask you how is it with the rear seat centered? Is it uncomfortable when controlling your motor? My rear bench already has a hole for a ped. seat.

i still havent done any work to the back end of my boat yet... i have been wondering where i want to put the back seat? i think i am going to keep it centered like it is? if i is off-centered then the boat leans with my weight. and its actually pretty comfortable to drive centered the way it is! i am going to be putting a back deck on the boat for me to stand on while fishing and becuase of that i think i will stay with the post seats like i have. i want as little as possible on my decking so i am not tripping over anything or stubbing my toes! plus i really like being able to raise/lower the seat hight by simply adding/removing a pole!

There are so many ideas on here I am back and forth every day. Im trying to keep it simple, because my 16' is just right for me. The jon I use for small lakes and im thinking about taking into the flats. I do like the small pedestals though. And they can be removed and changed up which is a nice option.

I was also considering moving my battery up front. But I see that you have a motor, trolling motor, battery and gas tank in the bank and your boat sits fine. For now, I will have just the battery and the trolling motor.

trueblue1970 said:
There are so many ideas on here I am back and forth every day. Im trying to keep it simple, because my 16' is just right for me. The jon I use for small lakes and im thinking about taking into the flats. I do like the small pedestals though. And they can be removed and changed up which is a nice option.

what 16' are you talking about? is that the boat in your profile picture? and what is that MONSTER bass in your hands? i need a better picture! i know that bass had to come from florida! where in florida are you from? i am born/raised florida and when money is right i will be back!

as far as the seats go... i really love these removable post seats!

trueblue1970 said:
I was also considering moving my battery up front. But I see that you have a motor, trolling motor, battery and gas tank in the bank and your boat sits fine. For now, I will have just the battery and the trolling motor.

it does sit fine but i do have a little trouble plaining unless i have someone sit all the way up front? i think when i am done with this build i will probably have the battery sit under the front hatch somewehere but it needs to be readily removable to re-charge. until i have my own house with a garage i wont be able to run an extension cord out to the boat to charge.

Great looking boat.

Sorry if you posted this and I missed it, what is your decks (both fwd and rear) made out of, and how is the stability while standing on the decks with a narrow boat. I have a 14ft ouchita that measures 30 inches acroos at the bottom of the gunwales and 43 across the top. Just concerned about stability.

inlovewithsurfin said:
trueblue1970 said:

what 16' are you talking about? is that the boat in your profile picture? and what is that MONSTER bass in your hands? i need a better picture! i know that bass had to come from florida! where in florida are you from? i am born/raised florida and when money is right i will be back!

as far as the seats go... i really love these removable post seats!

Yes, I took that boat pic off because it was kind of small. I added more pics of it on the "add pics of your boat" section. Its a 1992 Smokercraft Stiletto, 70hp. I picked it up this fall and im happy with it. Yeah that was an 8-8.5 lb bass I caught in Lake Oklawahah in Putnam County Florida :) I was picking it up when my wife snapped the pick. We caught 28, yes 28 bass that day averaging 4-5lbs and YES I have pics LOL. Plus 2 huge pickeral and a mud fish. It was the 1st time I sued live bait (shiners) in years and they were going crazy. I went with my wife and 2 boys. Just an insane day. I may have ruined my kids because the casual 1-4 bass days arent going to cut it for them anymore.

Here are a couple of pic. My wife snaps pics as im grabbing the fish...once in a while I actually post for a shot lol. The one im actually posing with was the smallest of the day..

Attachments

• bass.jpg
    bass.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 779
  • bass2.jpg
    bass2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 779
  • bass3.jpg
    bass3.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 779
  • bass4.jpg
    bass4.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 779
inlovewithsurfin said:
trueblue1970 said:

it does sit fine but i do have a little trouble plaining unless i have someone sit all the way up front? i think when i am done with this build i will probably have the battery sit under the front hatch somewehere but it needs to be readily removable to re-charge. until i have my own house with a garage i wont be able to run an extension cord out to the boat to charge.

Sorry for hijacking your thread with pics but you wanted to see the bass :) Ok I see. Yeah, just using a 55lb thrust trolling motor I dont have an issue with planing.... I was more concerned with my rear sitting low in the boat.

dude... that bass is RIDICULOUS!!!! sounds like a great day on the water! as far as using shiners... whenever i take my fiance i always bring live bait. i dont want her sitting there catching nothing and getting bored. thank you for the pics!! gives me something to look forward to! my biggest bass is 4 and 1/2 lbs...

SpryGuy said:
Great looking boat.

Sorry if you posted this and I missed it, what is your decks (both fwd and rear) made out of, and how is the stability while standing on the decks with a narrow boat. I have a 14ft ouchita that measures 30 inches acroos at the bottom of the gunwales and 43 across the top. Just concerned about stability.

i just used 3/4in non pressure treated plywood (the cheapest i could find) for the decks. stability is great on my 1436... but i also have a 1430 that i have decked out and the stability is noticeably less... not saying its unstable! but you cant go dancing around on the front deck! lol... if your planing on building decks on your boat just keep them as low as possible! and i would reccommend using 1/2in plywood wherever possible (except the front deck) to keep the weight down! lighter the better!

Sorry for hijacking your thread with pics but you wanted to see the bass :) Ok I see. Yeah, just using a 55lb thrust trolling motor I dont have an issue with planing.... I was more concerned with my rear sitting low in the boat.[/quote]

if you are planning on putting in a front deck with 3/4in plywood that adds some weight to the front of the boat and helps out! also if you take a passenger when you fish that will help as well! i keep the battery in the back of all of my boats and havent had any problems with weight distribution yet...
i weight 170 and my battery is a BIG deep cycle that weights a ton! lol..