Missouri guys, Polar Bear run coming up. Pics added from Sat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Codeman

Reaction score
February 5TH 11:00AM Doniphan City Park Ramp

Sounds like the annual Polar Bear run from the Doniphan, Mo city park up Current River is on for the 5th of February if anyone is interested. Made one of the runs last year (2 groups went diff days). Run up build a fire eat some lunch. Just a little fun run. Don't have a time yet but it's usually around 11:00 AM. Come on out.

Yes it was cold last year. :mrgreen:

P2070010.jpg

P2070004.jpg

Will talk to my son and see what he has on for that day and may try and make it. Have to get the cattle taken care of the day before so I can get away earlier on that day. What does it consist of and how long a run and what is on and who brings what? Never been on Current River except to test run my tin about a 1/2 below Doniphan and been on it with the scouts above Van Buren in a canoe about 15 years ago. I have always wanted to try Current River.

It's just a fun run for who ever shows up. Just bring what ya need for yourself to eat lunch or whatever you want. I can't remember the name of the spot we ran up to, if I remember right it's about 6 miles up and then 6 miles back. Nice clean stretch of river. Just another way of meeting some fellow boaters and get out for a little while. I'll post more details as I get them.

Here are all of the pics I took last year (River Run Pics), some VERY nice cabins along the river down there. Takes me a little longer to get there than this guy. LOL

P2070001.jpg

I'll try to make it down this year Codeman.I don't know if Margaret will 'ManUp',but I'll try to make it. 6miles,that's kind of short isn't it? 10-12 minute ride. Reminder:I must bring my fishing gear.

Yeah kind of I guess, but its really more about running up and hanging out for a while. We ran down river a ways last year after we all split up. Like I said it was COLD. LOL

Sounds like fun. I'll talk to fender66 to see if he would like to go....please keep all of us that might be interested in the day and time...some of us loose the paper we wrote the date down on...I have had very good luck fishing that stretch of the Current with a number of smallies and walleyes...for those of you that might want to fish, DON'T FORGET TO BUY A NEW FISHING LICENSE.
Peace
ron

Thanks S&M, I'll keep that in mind...its a long way down there, but I know it would be fun if I could fish.....I'll bring the hot dogs.

Awesome guys be nice to meet you. Myself and Broncoman (doesn't post mush anymore) will be in my slow boat. LOL

Confirmed February 5th at 11:00 AM Doniphan city park. It's about a 6.5 mile run 1 way. We run up to a large sandbar just North of Deer Leap Campground if you are looking for it on a map. It's pretty visible on the map if you use an aerial view on Bing or Google maps etc. Deer leap should be marked. Ramp is on River Drive in Doniphan, Mo.

freetofish said:
Thanks S&M, I'll keep that in mind...its a long way down there, but I know it would be fun if I could fish.....I'll bring the hot dogs.

Yeah its about 30 minutes from my house here in Poplar Bluff, I can make the drive from here to Barnes Jewish in about 2:15. If you guys wanted to come into town here you can follow us on down to Doniphan if you don't want to have to hunt for the ramp.

Codeman said:
February 5TH 11:00AM Doniphan City Park Ramp

Sounds like the annual Polar Bear run from the Doniphan, Mo city park up Current River is on for the 5th of February if anyone is interested. Made one of the runs last year (2 groups went diff days). Run up build a fire eat some lunch. Just a little fun run. Don't have a time yet but it's usually around 11:00 AM. Come on out.

Yes it was cold last year. :mrgreen:

P2070010.jpg

P2070004.jpg

looks like a spring run here in MT. with out the snow and ice :D :D
be clad you guys can get out this time of year
talked to a friend in siberia last nite and he had -64F
he was still heading out for moose today :shock:

The way it stands now, my son and I will be there. Looking forward to meeting someone that knows current river. Would love sometime to put in at Doniphan and go up to Van Buren and back to Doniphan. Looks like that would be a fun trip. The two of us in Carharts in the boat make a pretty good load. You'll laugh when we crawl out of my little Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab. Not much room left. Be to easy for me to bring my Dodge Diesel extended cab.

I am going to try to make this trip but I plan on sealing some rivets and rebuilding my front deck in the next couple weeks so my boat might be apart that weekend. Write me down as a maybe and we'll see what happens.

I went out today with a buddy of mine and was on the river for 5 hours. 20 some odd degrees. Lots of duck hunters out on the Missouri River today and lets just say there was a little bit of ice on the ramp. I should have brought the lifted 4x4 Excursion instead of the 2x4 Sport Trac. :x

Ron, (Freetofish) just told me about this run so I had to look for it.

I'm interested. I need to check the calendar and of course, get the wife's permission. I do have a Man Card, but she holds it sometimes. :LOL2:

If I can come, I'll be sure to drag Ron with me.

Jim...I have 2 extra seats in the boat....come on down!

I'd love to come join you guys for this, but that's an awful long haul for me! I figured it would run me about $90 in fuel just to get there. It does look like a good time.

There's some guys who are planning on doing a Cabin Fever Fun Run next Saturday the 22nd on the GAsconade about 20 minutes from my house. The river may be too icy to do it though the way things are looking and might cause us to reschedule. It's going to be about a 50 mile round trip I believe.

Take some pictures. I'll be looking forward to seeing them.

Hey Seth...haven't seen you for a while. Hope all is well.

50 mile round trip would leave me stranded on EMPTY before I got half way! And that's not even WOT. I do wish I had more than a 12 gallon tank!

Latest posts