my boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man this thread has some nice rigs =D>

Here's mine. New to boating, but I'm doing a little modding to it anyway. She runs in very little water, which helps in December and the mallards are flying.

IMG_5941-1.jpg

IMG_5944-1.jpg

:WELCOME: kthmarks

Nice rig 8)

turne032 said:
i run mostly on the current river in southern missouri. we have a 40 hp limit due to the national scenic riverways. due to the jet pump reducing hp by 20% we can run a 60 hp motor.

With that little bit of info, you've answered a page of questions and put a huge smile on my face. Thanks

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum.

I am not new to aluminum jet boats but I am about to purchase my first one.
a 1648 allweld with a 90hp Yamaha jet
Its a little small, but a good start.

Plans are to fix it while using it this summer and then this fall buy a 1752 or 1856 Blazer flat bottom and move my rigging over.

We mainly run between arkansas and Hunter MO on the Current River, a little bit of black river above Poplar Bluff, and an occasional run on Wappappello lake.

I will get some pictures of my new boat on here asap.

I just found this thread. These boats are amazing! I have total jet envy! My weed whacker's got to go! Off with the olive drab paint break out the polish and the airbrush! I'm serious about this. Total jet envy!

minicuda said:
I just found this thread. These boats are amazing! I have total jet envy! My weed whacker's got to go! Off with the olive drab paint break out the polish and the airbrush! I'm serious about this. Total jet envy!

Happens to most of us! :LOL2:

I can sit and look at those jet boat pictures all day. I would like to go and watch the races also. How many boats do they usually have and how many people attend. Looks like a nice trip and maybe pick up some pointers and meet some jet people. Think I will leave my fishing boat at home though.

yeah. same here.

Would love to know more about the jet boat races.
When,where,etc.

I can't say mine would be a cottender, but you never know. Would still love to go watch either way. Would love to just see all these boats in person.

Bad news is there hasn't been any races in 3 or 4 years. A guy on screamandfly talked abbout having some in Van Buren this year but when everyone started to show an interest he clamed up and no ones heard anything out of him. He held them there once before. If we could find someone that had the time and was willing to head it up we could set something up in Van Buren but I think it takes around $2000 for insurance and getting all the ok's from the waterpatrol and things like that. I think you have to have an ambulance on sight and a rescue boat ready just in case something goes wrong.

I think there is enough interest and it's been long enough that some people would so up. Everyone that's got a boat needs to bring it if they can. They've talked about having a green class for etecs and four strokers. I'd love to see them have the races again but I'm starting to have my doubts.

turne032,

I saw that some of your pictures you had a 40hp 2 cyl. tiller johnson. What exactly was the mods on that motor to make it run fast? I have the same outboard and love it but always looking to make more power. I hear all the time about people making some serious power out of the motor but cant find anyone saying exactly what to do to it build wise

Thanks and if you have anymore pictures of those racing rigs please show them I could look at them all day!

f2k

No pics but my boat is an Alumacraft 1756 RR with a Yamaha 4 stroke 90/65. Its camo with a spray in liner. It also has flotation pods. Its been a good fishing boat.

Latest posts