Possible buy

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawghunters

Reaction score
I want to upgrade from my 1432 Jon and found this deal. The guy is moving so he needs rid of it. I figure I could get it for atleast 1400, likely less. The motor is an evinrude 48hp, boat is a tracker 16'. He says motor runs, I'll have to check that though. Any thoughts on age or comments?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 285
I'd guess late 70's early 80's. Should be able to get that for less than $1,000. I picked up an '89 tracker with a good running motor, new carpet, trolling motor, on board charger and ok trailer for $1350.

Make sure it the transom is in good shape. Lift up and apply force up and down on the motor, you shouldn't see any relative motion of the motor mount against the transom.

Also check to make sure that there aren't any cracks starting at any of the rivets on the bottom side.

Good luck!

That model tracker was notorious for cracking at the transom corners. Just look it over, you'll make a good deal around $1000 depending on condition and year.

Agreed on above advice. If there's water near by, ask for a test ride, owner should be cool taking you for ride if you are serious buyer. You can always take a pair of muffs with you and ask owner to slap them on and start the motor. He should own a pair, at least to winterize and perform general maintenance. If not, walmart should have cheap pair ($10). Good Luck

Latest posts