Post a Pic of your boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fish2keel said:
Ill bite....Heres my boat a 2002 Tracker Grizzly 1648. Was owned by an older man in town that used it a hand full of times since the sheriffs deportment gave him an airboat to use before he retired. The bow doesn't even have a roller mark from the roller and it still has the factory sticker from the bass pro shops in orlando! Couldn't believe it. Ya'll be looking for my build coming up within the next week. This boat has plans! Getting a custom console I bet none of you have seen before, a 40 hp tiller going on friday, seats, and the goods although staying open hull :D Should be a good boat and do exactly what I want...catch big fish!

Enjoy guys and be looking for the thread

I am trying to find one just like that for another build I cant wait to see what you do with it. Tiller and a console? Most guys go with the tiller to save the space lost when you use a console. Kinda defeats the purpose?

Other than Troy Landry on Axe men I have never seen a console on a Tiller motor before? Keep us posted on your build!

Troy laundry is from swamp people....and thats actually the exact console concept im going with.

I dont need to save the space as I usually fish alone but I want the tiller so that I can drive through the swamps down here. The rain and wind kick up down here in the south pretty fast when on the water and the console is nice to keep the spray off

Shes not much, but better than fishing from land!

Attachments

• 2upsa6w.jpg
    2upsa6w.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 2,087
  • 163598_1632492449897_1164235760_31482933_4007044_n.jpg
    163598_1632492449897_1164235760_31482933_4007044_n.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 2,087
Here's my newest project.

1982 or 83(I forget right off) Basstracker lll. The wood on the transom is rotten and ended up bending the the aluminum on the transom. Currently in the process of replacing that. The decks are solid, the carpet isn't very pretty, but the fish won't mind for now.

Getting either a 25hp mercury put on it or a 55hp evinrude. I haven't been able to find the coast guard tag that lists the max hp. It had a 40hp on it that is in pieces. All in all, not too bad, picked it up for 700 on craigslist.

40merc003.jpg

Busted Transom

40merc009.jpg

fish2keel said:
Troy laundry is from swamp people....and thats actually the exact console concept im going with.

I dont need to save the space as I usually fish alone but I want the tiller so that I can drive through the swamps down here. The rain and wind kick up down here in the south pretty fast when on the water and the console is nice to keep the spray off

I watch em both all the time. It's gonna be a cool build!

After years of lusting after & dreaming about it, last night I FINALLY got my very first legitimate Bass Boat! \:D/(they were always out of my price range) A 1978 Monark "Fast 15" (15'). I got in trade for a 1974 15.5' "Fabuglass" Tri-Hull Boat that I initially picked up for a measly $200.00 off CraigsList. I had nothing really invested in that boat except a small amount of time & foam rubber & vinyl. The guy needed a bigger boat for his wife & 3 kids & I always wanted a bass boat so-Voila! Everything appears to be solid, just needs some minor work like wiring, steering wheel & cable replacement, buffing out etc...And I am giving very serious consideration to just dropping the 1972 45hp Chrysler OB motor in favor of a Johnson/Evinrude 40-50hp. Nothing against Chryslers mind you, it's just that the parts are hard to find & SO expensive when you do manage to snag them. I was told the problem was no spark & the suspect is the coils. I'll check that out in detail soon. Right now I'm just enjoying the afterglow. :lol:

https://s725.photobucket.com/albums/ww256/FrankenFraud/?action=view&current=boatpics3002-1.jpg

Also if someone has any idea of what kind of boat this is that'd be great. It's a 1638

Attachments

• plywood cut.jpg
    plywood cut.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,952
  • before starting(cleaned).jpg
    before starting(cleaned).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,952
I am new and about a year late finding this site. I picked up and old 17.5' Alumacraft last year with an even older 70hp Chrysler and 40 lb bow mount TM(Not Pictured) for $800. I have already put a little work in her as I put all new decking in and did some work on the trailer. I have about 1100 in her now. But after fishing with her some and finding this site I am definately going to be changing a few things. Got to figure something our for rod storage and a way to keep the clutter(gear) at bay while on the water. Also wondering if anyone would be willing to share their opinion on inshore salwater fishing in this boat. I worry about how low the back of the boat sits in the water with that beast of a motor. Some of the boats that run up and down the ICW can put out quite a wake. I got a bilge pump, but would probably wouldnt call it a good bilge pump!! It is primarily a river\lake boat, but I still want to be able to go to the coast and pick up some Reds on occasion. I just havent had the nerve to yet. Any other suggestions to help turn this into the ultimate fishing machine would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Photo_242225D1-D5C9-25E1-B608-01C89B3FAE8D.jpg
    Photo_242225D1-D5C9-25E1-B608-01C89B3FAE8D.jpg
    699 KB · Views: 1,931
  • Photo_C5D4DB9C-D06A-8F87-AA12-BCDFC4AD9F39.jpg
    Photo_C5D4DB9C-D06A-8F87-AA12-BCDFC4AD9F39.jpg
    565.5 KB · Views: 1,931
I love that Alumacraft.

You should be fine in the intracoastal. I used to fight the wakes of those big sportfishing boats when I lived in NC. Unless your in 25 foot or bigger you are gonna have to be carefull of the wakes of those big boats. As long as your pointed at the wave you wont have to worry about the transom. Get a good bilge pump just in case!

I am always on the lookout for a boat like the one you got. Tracker, G3, Alumacraft, SeaArk. Whatever. I want to turn one into a Center console for use on the St Johns River, and maybe just a little offshore in north coastal FL around Jacksonville and Kings Bay, Ga.

Very nice find. Since you are going to be using it in Salt you need to take special care to use good materials for your build..... Stainless, aluminum, or good quality plastic stuff. we should all do that anyway!

just grabbed it off Craigslist last week.
I installed a rear raised deck, that is a "drop in" removable deck, and replaced tm with a MK Edge.

1998 Grumman 1467SP (14 ft, 67" beam), 9.9 Johnson. MK Edge
Like new shape! 8)

Gunna make a great limited hp lake boat! :lol:

grummantopsideview.jpg

grummantopreardeck.jpg

Hello everyone, I just stumbled on to this site while searching Jon boats on Youtube. I'm from Washington State and love boating. Here is my Weldcraft Maverick 186 the day I bought it.

photo-1.jpg

Maverick said:
Hello everyone, I just stumbled on to this site while searching Jon boats on Youtube. I'm from Washington State and love boating. Here is my Weldcraft Maverick 186 the day I bought it.

photo-1.jpg

Hey Maverick...welcome to TinBoats. Happy to have you as part of the family.

that launch is so shallow I needed 40' of line to get the boat back on the trailer and the front tires of my truck were 2' in from shore. I am not going to be able to get the boat back on the trailer by myself without getting wet.

I am new here great site. Here is my current boat not a tin boat, but I use it for smaller lakes. I also have a 1990 Venture Fish and Ski for the bigger lakes and rivers in my area. Currently have my small one for sale looking to buy a 16' Monark when it sells.

Attachments

• boat.JPG
    boat.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 1,198
new to this site. been just lurking for a while. just picked up a new tin. unlike most of you I'm kind of dangerous with tools, so I went new. Crestliner VT19 with a 115 Optimax.

Attachments

• vt19 1.jpg
    vt19 1.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,166
  • vt19 3.jpg
    vt19 3.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,166
  • vt19 5.jpg
    vt19 5.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,166
Here is mine ready for a day longlining crappie

IMG00083-20110206-1030.jpg