Post a Pic of your boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fender66 said:
silver99gt said:
@ fender66

I love the engine. it only has about 75 hours on it. for mine the fuel consumption is better than i would have guessed. Mine is the X model, thus having the 300 pump on it. makes a huge difference on hole shot. i think i get an average of 4 mpg of 93octane. Only thing i dont like is how **** loud it is. my inboard makes less noise than the promax.

No doubt it's loud. Mine is too. Not sure if I have the "X" or not. How do I even tell?

the only difference is the size of the impeller and pump. im sure there is a way to measure your impeller to tell....or just call troutt n sons and ask Chris.

reedjj said:
DanMC said:
Hi everyone, i have to say i'm not sure what makes a tin boat but here is what our 2010 Lund WC14 looks like...she's not done yet...it does have a 2010 Honda 2 Hp and a Honda 25 Hp ,stereo by Sony Marine, speakers by Alpine Marine, Carver bimini, Vision X LED spot light, Scotty acessories including downriggers, Stoltz rollers,BPS guides, Optima blue top batterie,Teleflex voltmeter gauge,Faria hourmeter, some stainless grab handles,4 seats+ cp. seat,Atwood outboard shock-ease,sonar by Humminbird ,Tough Duck lined outboard covers (Canadian Made in Winnipeg,Manitoba...not China) etc.ohh nearly forgot...s**t loat of stickers...so right now she looks good to my 6 mo old pregnant wife and i...we are extremelly new to boating but not to fishing...i'm used to fishing on the Danube (Romanian side) and now the lakes of Alberta...soon we hope Sasckatchewan...
Thank you
Dan

Love those Lund's! What kind of fishing do you do in the Danube?

reedjj, on the Danube i used to catch some crazy sized Carp (Crap...as it is known in romanian :) in the 10 Kg/20 Lbs range...cat fish in the 25 Kg range...and this was without a boat.We used to make a type of platform suspended in the water ,basically two very tall saw horses that we dragged in about 1 meter and 3/4 deep or about 5' deep water and we would fish from there,when done jump back in the water and drag thr fish to the shore.I remember some metre long Danubian pike...that took forever to bring on to the platform.Remember that in those days we fished with home made rods only..bamboo sticks and some cheap line from USSR.. :LOL2:
Dan :D

New guy here. Not new to boating, but just made a deal and picked this up a couple days ago. It's a 1997 Sea Nymph FM168 DLX. Bought it from the original owner. Everything is original with only 21 hours of use on the package. I'm pretty excited to get my grandson out on it for some good times. :D

005.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

Welcome to TinBoats BigBiscuit. Great boat and you should have many great trips with your grandson. Don't forget to take pictures.

Here's mine: 16', 1980 Lowe with 1980 Mercury 25 hp 2 cycle OB and Motorguide Tracker 40 (43 lb. thrust) T.M. :D

Oh, and I might add that this is my first post here. I look forward to meeting you all here and sharing all things aluminum boats!

Attachments

• 2010 Camping Trip 020.jpg
    2010 Camping Trip 020.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,104
Here's mine: 16', 1980 Lowe with 1980 Mercury 25 hp 2 cycle OB and Motorguide Tracker 40 (43 lb. thrust) T.M. :D
Oh, and I might add that this is my first post here. I look forward to meeting you all here and sharing all things aluminum boats!

That's a great boat. It look a lot longer in that picture to me. :mrgreen:

BTW...happy to have you on board TinBoats. We look forward to getting to know you too.

Thanks man. I also learned from being on here that my boat is a "1648", meaning that it's 16' long and 48" across the inside bottom. I never knew that's what that meant :oops: . Also, it's 72" across the widest part of the top.

I've been looking at a bunch of the boat mods on here, and I must say that I'm impressed. I am currently in the process of gathering some material to put a floor in it. Been thinking about using some 1 1/2" thick pink "Foamular" insulation to put between the (1 1/2" high) cross runners on the bottom of the boat. Then, I want to put some FRP sheeting over the top of the Foamular. I'm trying to get away from using wood as the flooring because of the weight. I did a search on FRP on here but didn't find much about anybody using FRP as flooring material. Any ideas? Will the FRP work?

fish4thriLLs said:
Then, I want to put some FRP sheeting over the top of the Foamular. I'm trying to get away from using wood as the flooring because of the weight. I did a search on FRP on here but didn't find much about anybody using FRP as flooring material. Any ideas? Will the FRP work?

I bought four sheets of FRP plywood off of Craig's List last year. I'm planning to use it for decking (eventually) on my build. I cut several 6 inch squares out to test with. After sealing the edges, I have left 3 of them outdoors for over a year now. Two other pieces have gone through about 4 cycles of being submerged for days or weeks at a time and then drying out, then repeating the process. So far, no signs of swelling, de-laminating, splitting, etc. with any of them. I think it gonna make a great decking material.

I'm just waiting for some cooler weather before I start stripping paint to make some more progress.

Yeah, I'm with ya on waiting on the cooler weather before I get into anything big!

The FRP I'm referring to is different than what you're talkin' about. The stuff I'm referring to is more like paneling in thickness. There's no laminating involved in it's manufacturing. I just hope it's stiff enough, but it seems like it will be. I found it at Lowes for $33 a sheet of 4' X 8'.

Tracker Targa 17' with a 60HP Mercury and a 1987 8hp Johnson kicker/troller. Finally got a chance to get a few pictures. Really enjoy this thing, a lot of space for me, my gf, and whomever else wants to go. Rated for 8 people and 115 HP. Just installed a two bank charger, makes things much easier when I get back to the house.

img20110721194138.jpg

img20110721194148.jpg

img20110721194205.jpg

img20110721194219.jpg

img20110721194241.jpg

Okay, I took some new pics this weekend with my new-to-me Minn Kota Endura 55 hand-operated T.M. mounted at the bow. I traded my foot operated MotorGuide Tracker 40 for it. I know, I know, it sounds like I got the worse end of the deal but the Minn Kota is what I wanted and it's only 2 years old. The foot operated setup was just too much stuff mounted on a short deck. I was afraid the Minn Kota was gonna be too short for a bow mounted setup(36" shaft) but it turned out to be just right. Sorry about the heavy amount of pics, but I just couldn't help it! :D :roll:

I hope to install a floor soon. Gonna try some aluminum sheeting installed over Foamular pink insulation placed between the ribs. I'm also hoping to put an aluminum deck in the front for storage and a short deck in the back to cover the battery and gas tank area. So, I'm looking for some alum. signs or something for that project. I'll probably keep the middle bench intact because that's where my wife and two of my three kids ride. Oh, I'm also wanting to maybe build an overhead canopy like thing sort of like the kind they use on some of the boats on "Swamp People". Any ideas for that, anyone?

The "motor toter" or transom saver thingy used to hold the motor up during transport is homemade and it works very well. Also, I added some pics of my trailer mod with the tongue extension and the new winch position bracket and bow stop I made.

Attachments

• Lowe Boat 021.jpg
    Lowe Boat 021.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,019
  • Lowe Boat 017.jpg
    Lowe Boat 017.jpg
  • Pics After Trailer Mod 011.jpg
    Pics After Trailer Mod 011.jpg
  • Pics After Trailer Mod 012.jpg
    Pics After Trailer Mod 012.jpg
  • Pics After Trailer Mod 015.jpg
    Pics After Trailer Mod 015.jpg
  • Winch Post Mod 006.jpg
    Winch Post Mod 006.jpg
  • Winch Post Mod 003.jpg
    Winch Post Mod 003.jpg
  • Pics After Trailer Mod 017.jpg
    Pics After Trailer Mod 017.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,019
  • Winch Post Mod 005.jpg
    Winch Post Mod 005.jpg
  • Pics After Trailer Mod 002.jpg
    Pics After Trailer Mod 002.jpg
Here's my '89 14" Grumman that my dad gave me. He got tired of dealing with the trailer and bought a canoe. :LOL2:
Got it all running and legal with a '72 6hp Evinrude about a year ago and had it out about a dozen times before it got cold, and about the same after it warmed up to Memorial Day. Sheared the pin and a marine mechanic gave me brass replacements. After quickly shearing two more I went to an Evinrude dealer and got the correct pins and everything was golden. But my dad already had it in his mind that there was some horrible problem with the Evinrude and was upset that my job didn't do anything for my 10 year anniversary with them, so he went out and bought a brand new 15hp 4 stroke Merc. This thing really gets to the fishing coves quickly now! You can see it tied up next to my gf's kayak in one below. Also the in boat kitchen. :wink:
Yes, it's hot dogs, but I'm a catch & release fisher who goes and gets a nice filet of flounder or trout from the grocery store when I want to eat seafood. Perch, crappie, and catfish aren't my favorite dishes, but they're fun to wrangle!

Elec

Attachments

• image_1.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg
    703.7 KB · Views: 1,282
  • image_2.jpeg
    image_2.jpeg
    735.5 KB · Views: 1,282
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    397.7 KB · Views: 1,282
  • photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    783.6 KB · Views: 1,282
  • image.png
    image.png
    714 KB · Views: 1,282
I'm trying to post some pictures of my boat " Miss Kitty ". It's a leftover 2007 Polar Kraft 1468 LW I bought new in 2010. I haven't had it in the water yet. I rebuilt the trailer, wired it, installed Blue Water green LED lights, 4 Monster Rod holders and an aluminum floor covered in grey diamond plate vinyl. The motor is a 1975 Evinrude 9.9 HP with a 15 hp carb on a Mini Jacker Jack plate. I made a tiller extension, and ran cables to the remote throttle / shift box. It has an X65 Lowrence fish finder , front and rear lighting and Bass Pro seats.

My daughter designed the Miss Kitty pin up. I hope to try it out in a couple weeks.

https://s1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb333/lucescoflathead/