Project "A Little Snookered" New Pics 03-19-2012 !!!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, never fished that far north for snook, although I live in Gainesville for school I drive home to visit family in the Vero area whenever I can. You ever run the beach for poons (tarpon), cobias, or black eyed peas (permit)?

As always tight lines, cold beer, and Go Gators!

my project https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25183

Gators5220 said:
Nice, never fished that far north for snook, although I live in Gainesville for school I drive home to visit family in the Vero area whenever I can. You ever run the beach for poons (tarpon), cobias, or black eyed peas (permit)?

As always tight lines, cold beer, and Go Gators!

my project https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25183

I have tried just about every type of fishing there is and enjoy them all, right now I am trying to find my backwater honey holes. I have a few spots now but nothing I would call honey so I continue my search.

Nice project you got there

Nice poons in the skinny water is fun and they are pretty easy to find in stagnant back water holes. I like throwin a 4 or 5wt at the lil guys even if they break u off after a couple of jumps it's fun...

Fool4Fish?

I just read through all 10 pages of your project.

What a great conception...but even more...what an outstanding execution! I get a lot of good ideas, but none have ever turned out as well as yours. :)

I also don't have the passion, but...throughout, I have to say, I think you cheated a bit. At each image of the construction, I kept on thinking..."I gotta get me one of them."

my helper (future Son In-Law "Carpenter")
:LOL2:

Very nicely done, Sir.

Hope you are able to wear it out and make lots of great memories.

Best wishes.

I also don't have the passion, but...throughout, I have to say, I think you cheated a bit. At each image of the construction, I kept on thinking..."I gotta get me one of them."

my helper (future Son In-Law "Carpenter")
:LOL2:

Very nicely done, Sir.

Hope you are able to wear it out and make lots of great memories.

Best wishes.[/quote]

Thanks for looking and commenting and yes the future son in-law should get lots of credit he was a great help. We work well together kinda know what the other one is going to do without saying a word. He is one of my best tools I have at my disposal.

Hey fool, I have been a little curious on how you hooked up your onboard charger. I have dc output leads on my outboard, did you hook those leads up to your charger? You got any pics of your set up? I am already thinking about putting a charger on my boat too.

bigwave said:
Hey fool, I have been a little curious on how you hooked up your onboard charger. I have dc output leads on my outboard, did you hook those leads up to your charger? You got any pics of your set up? I am already thinking about putting a charger on my boat too.

The onboard charger is a plug and play hook-up, I mounted it in the battery/storage compartment and simply hooked up one set of leads to each battery. Plug it in and forget about it. One the best investments, the batteries are ready to rock when you are.

I will try and get some pictures tonight If I can.

When you say plug and play, do you mean that you too have leads on the outboard that you connect to the charger, and then to the battery? Is the power source the engine? On my 25hp johnson I have extra DC leads for what I don't know, but I assume they are so you can run dc accessories while under power, or hook up to a charger. I have limited experience with the electrical side of outboards.

My charger must be plugged into an outside 120 vac source for it to charge the batteries. See the attached photo. The system shown is hooked up for 24volts but the charger is hook-up the same way on both 12 or 24 volts systems.

I hope this helps.

My motor also has a 12 volt charging system on it and I have it wired thru a 4 way swicth, which will charge the batteries but it does not put out anywhere near the amps to keep the batteries top off.

I hope I am not confusing you to much

Attachments

• Charger.jpg
    Charger.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 1,201
Ahhhh ok I got it, I was thinking you had that charging while you were underway. I need to do a little research, I know they have inverters that you can power with your outboard. Either way I will end up with that kind of charger too. I hate the old battery chargers, seems they always get in the way when used in my garage.

F4f is that a ac chase molding that runs up the side of house that you have running g down
Middle of boat.
Also I couldn't tell if you had the 2×2 fastened to the ribs.
trying to get started on my decking this weekend.

The chase was there when I removed the floor which I believe was the original decking. However an AC chasing would probably work for the main drainage.

Yes every 2x2 is attached to the ribs via ss screws. If you look closely at the picture attached you can see where we counter sunk the screws.

Attachments

• Close up of ribs.JPG
    Close up of ribs.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,497
I just told a fellow tin boater that his was the best mod I've seen on here...then I saw yours just now...dang, the quality of the work is outstanding. Some of the methods you used tell me you've done this before? I'm glad I found this post because the bar just got raised. Thanks for your post...the best I've seen on here (deja vu).

radgumbo said:
I just told a fellow tin boater that his was the best mod I've seen on here...then I saw yours just now...dang, the quality of the work is outstanding. Some of the methods you used tell me you've done this before? I'm glad I found this post because the bar just got raised. Thanks for your post...the best I've seen on here (deja vu).

Thanks for the comments and yes this was not my first mod but one of my funniest

Yeah he did do outstanding job on it.
I'm trying to steal a bunch of ideas but only time will
Tell if I can pull it off.

Latest posts