Project "A Little Snookered" New Pics 03-19-2012 !!!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to install a "Tiny Tach" today and then do some fishing to test it out. It's not like I need a reason to fish but :roll: Will post pictures of the install and give a review after the test.

Nice work. Just moved back from ft laud for a job I could not refuse. Just a guess but looks like your off Riverland. Nice dogs!

Very nice work. You made something anyone would want from what most people would throw away. =D>

Where did you get the LED lighting? It is very bright.

I was going to carpet mine, but after seeing yours I like a surface I can hose down better, Gets pretty nasty when bowfishing.

What size is the boat?

THE FOAM.... I used to spray poly-urethane foam for over ten years before I retired from that trade. My point is no body loves foam more than me for insulation and roofing purposes. In a vessel, my concerns are water no being able to travel to stern. The foam not being heated and mixed 1:1 correctly with out a $10k or plus proportioner, which results in open cell rather than closed cell which foam is now a sponge. So I guess my point is what are then benefits of foam, other than your boat is sinking and it may keep you a float. Also what kit did you use and how did you apply foam kit? (did you heat chemical, gun/applicator, coverage you got out of kit, where you bought it and cost) Just trying to get some opinions. Any insite is appreciated

7designs said:

I was going to carpet mine, but after seeing yours I like a surface I can hose down better, Gets pretty nasty when bowfishing.

What size is the boat?
they are bluewater LEDs. i have them in my boat as well. pics at the end of the link in my sig. they are awesome.

7designs said:

What size is the boat?

My leds came from Bluewater Leds here a link to their site.
https://bluewaterled.com/catalog.php

The boat is 16' Mirrocraft model 1660

GGUG said:
THE FOAM.... I used to spray poly-urethane foam for over ten years before I retired from that trade. My point is no body loves foam more than me for insulation and roofing purposes. In a vessel, my concerns are water no being able to travel to stern. The foam not being heated and mixed 1:1 correctly with out a $10k or plus proportioner, which results in open cell rather than closed cell which foam is now a sponge. So I guess my point is what are then benefits of foam, other than your boat is sinking and it may keep you a float. Also what kit did you use and how did you apply foam kit? (did you heat chemical, gun/applicator, coverage you got out of kit, where you bought it and cost) Just trying to get some opinions. Any insite is appreciated

First here is the link were I purchased the Foam the link contains pricing I used the 2lb foam (80lb kit) https://www.uscomposites.com/foam.html

Yes it is for flotation it also gives a little structural strength also. There is no need for any heat or special tools, simply mix 1:1 stir and pour.

Did a few small projects, finally installed the tiny tach and also applied some Tinboat.net pride check it out.

Attachments

• DSC00081.JPG
    DSC00081.JPG
    278.3 KB · Views: 1,334
  • DSC00086.JPG
    DSC00086.JPG
    253.9 KB · Views: 1,334
  • DSC00085.JPG
    DSC00085.JPG
    234 KB · Views: 1,334
  • DSC00087.JPG
    DSC00087.JPG
    224.9 KB · Views: 1,334
  • DSC00079.JPG
    DSC00079.JPG
    251.9 KB · Views: 1,334
  • DSC00090.JPG
    DSC00090.JPG
    211.8 KB · Views: 1,334
  • DSC00089.JPG
    DSC00089.JPG
    257.1 KB · Views: 1,334
I was wondering why you had not slapped a decal on her? Looks good. I should get back to mine this week....just got paid..... :lol:

Really nice build.

Clean lines and really thought through and great attention to detail.

Congrats!

Put a two bank on-board charger on this week (Post pics later). Man how nice it is not to have to hook a charger all the time :p . Oh and I lost one of my stick actors this weekend #-o (fell overboard) ordered a new one today and the live well stopped working. Gonna have to look into this new little problem sometime this week. Motor runs but will not prime have to pull it apart and take a look maybe trash, air lock, sucking air, I don't know it worked fine before.

I love what you've done with your boat man, I took have the fever for snookies, but still in gainesville for another 12 months. Where u at in florida man? I tried to do mine in more of a offshore inshore feel but I hadn't thought about night lights till I looked at your boat, might have to borrow that...

As always tight lines, cold beer, and Go Gators!

my project https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=25185

Gators5220 said:
I love what you've done with your boat man, I took have the fever for snookies, but still in gainesville for another 12 months. Where u at in florida man? I tried to do mine in more of a offshore inshore feel but I hadn't thought about night lights till I looked at your boat, might have to borrow that...

As always tight lines, cold beer, and Go Gators!

my project https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=25185

Thanks for looking and commenting, I still have few little odds and ends to finish up some day.

I am in Broward County

Latest posts