Project: Shoebox - 1764 Fisher FINISHED!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AND HERE SHE IS ON THE WATER!!!
pic076.jpg

pic002.jpg

pic004.jpg

She ran great while out on the water! I had her in the water for a total of seven days, which got me a lot of time to work out some kinks and little issues. Other than that, she is an awesome fishing boat. She is very stable with passengers on the front and back decks, can easily go into shallow water, isn't heavy and travels pretty fast. I don't have any gauges hooked up to her yet, so I cant tell you how fast she really is.

Also, there were NO LEAKS what so ever. She was dry as a bone on the bottom. And she sat in the water for 7 days, tied to the dock.

I was also the very FIRST one to catch a fish on her. I went solo fishing and wanted to see if I could handle the boat by myself and caught some decent sized pike.
pic075.jpg

It's been a great adventure on this build and I learned A LOT!! I can't believe what she use to be when I bought her and what she looks like now. It was a lot of hard work and time, but well worth the effort. I didn't think I could get this done, but I did. It took about a year and a half to complete, with the bulk of the work starting in January of this year, and working almost non-stop on her. I have also taken her out on the Snake River here in Idaho and she does great on the river.

I do however have some work to finish up on her. I still need to redo the wiring, add the console gauges, and fix a few minor issues. I am also on the fence about building an aluminum console for the top, since the plastic one started to crack due to travel and being out on the water, but other than that, she is pretty much done. I'll post when I get to those and show the complete work, but I am going to take it easy for awhile, and enjoy the boat for the upcoming duck season and fall fishing.

Thanks to all of those that were keeping tabs on my build and the great advice and help on this forum. Sorry I am so late posting the update. Tight Lines Everyone!!!

Shoe

Looks awesome! I bet it feels great to know that all the hard work has paid off and you can finally begin to enjoy it. I've enjoyed following the build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk