Rhyan Craft: Now BRINE CRAFT

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Endi/T-Man,
Thanks for the compliments

acabtp said:
Very nice build. =D> Is it time to take it fishing yet?
Taking it out this weekend for a Father/Son tourney. \:D/

Yesterday I hooked up a finder on the front. Before Friday I have to wire up the front trolling motor, plumb the livewell, install a bilge, fire up the outboard (hasn't been run in a year) and later today I'm getting 4 AGM batteries.

Even with the aforementioned done, the boat still will have quite a bit left , mostly in the way of electrical, before calling it done. I plan to send it off to bassboy soon after this tourney so he can do the proper electrical setup. It's one step that I don't care to experiment with. I was planning to have it to him before this weekend, but the weather was uncooperative for outdoor painting the past month.

Ok great, thanks man. I'll be happy to give'em back, hell I'll only need'um 1 time when I paint the boat. I'm still trying to come up with colors though. I'm thinkin red, black, gray, and some white. Whatcha think?

Sounds good to me.

FYI, you're probably gunna want to soak and clean them in some mineral spirits before you use them. I dropped them in the yard several times while they had wet paint on them. #-o

dc3232 said:
What type of paint did you use?

Ligtly sanded entire boat. Any spots that were bare aluminum (from previous angle grind) got self etching primer.

White: Interlux - 2 part Marine Epoxy
Grey and Black: Rustoleum - Marine Paint (Oil Based)
Clear Coat: Duplicolor - Rattle Cans

The bottom 5" of the sides and the bottom of the hull are Steelflex tinted black.

O.... Ok, where can I pick up some of the Rustoleum Marine paint at? I'm not doing the epoxy, oil based will do just fine for now.

I'm not sure how long I will even have this boat. I'm hoping to upgrade to something bigger in the next year or so.

I got mine at ACE Hardware. I've heard other people say they got it at Home Depot, but not at the one by me.

Thought I'd share a few more pics with a couple shots I haven't posted.

First is a pic of the foremost hatch that holds two C&D AGM Batteries. I have them hooked in parallel to run my 12V 46# bow mount TM and my Eagle finder. Starting my sticker collection too 8) Guess I could have wiped off the pollen before taking the pics. Ooooops.

P5010480.jpg

P5010481.jpg

P5010479.jpg

I installed a trolling motor plug for the bow mount on/inside the bracket bassboy fabbed for me. Worked out pretty slick, and I've seen the same thing done on Trackers. It's actually not installed crooked like the pic shows. It looks level to the ground in real life.

P5010482.jpg

P5010483.jpg

Also put on the rear finder. It's a Bird 97Matrix with GPS 8)

P5010477.jpg

P5010478.jpg

Also got my reg numbers and boat name made via bulldog at Vinyl Graphics (board sponsor). Thanks for your help bulldog. They look great and are exactly what I wanted. =D>

P5010474.jpg

P5010475.jpg

P5010470.jpg

Looking good! Unless you plan on putting foam elsewhere then I would leave it. You have a great open floor to work with. I'm only a few steps ahead of you. Good luck!

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Don't think I'm gunna add any more foam. What I did put down was more for sound deadening than for flotation. It would take something catastrophic to sink this thing on mostly electric only reservoirs. Doesn't leak a drop and only drafts about 4 inches of water, and I'm going to get insurance on it for my "just in case" moments.

aeviaanah said:
Man Brine you sure did a great job. I just strolled through every page. I must say I really like it. Congrats on gettin' her finished.

Thank you aeviaanah. It's still a work in progress (aren't they all???). I still have a bunch of electrical to do via switches for the bilge/livewell and bigfoot switches, and I've yet to install the BlueWater LED's. Not sure if I'll do it myself, or send it off to bassboy (or anyone much more electrically competent) than me. Because I haven't done any tourney fishing lately, I've had no rush to do it. And besides.... that's what winter is for! :LOL2:

Brine said:
aeviaanah said:
Man Brine you sure did a great job. I just strolled through every page. I must say I really like it. Congrats on gettin' her finished.

Thank you aeviaanah. It's still a work in progress (aren't they all???). I still have a bunch of electrical to do via switches for the bilge/livewell and bigfoot switches, and I've yet to install the BlueWater LED's. Not sure if I'll do it myself, or send it off to bassboy (or anyone much more electrically competent) than me. Because I haven't done any tourney fishing lately, I've had no rush to do it. And besides.... that's what winter is for! :LOL2:
Yea i hear ya on that. I am currently working on my first project. Gettin in to the boating/fishing hobby at the same time. I am a steel worker so fabrication is the easy part. Learning all about the right way to do things like electrical, mounting motors, proper materials etc is the part that takes the time. Research research research. I just applied the third coat of 2 part epoxy to the inside of my 12' mod V. She was built in 71...ive got lots of work done since I bought her...come by take a look.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22339

Ive never seen three trolling motors on one boat...only one per boat before. How come you do like this rather than outboard? Quietness?? Also, what did those decals cost? Id like to get some for my build.