Rod holders

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jdholmes said:
Ummmm....yeah I don't know where you are buying your materials but that does not sound normal.
You need to get out more. $3 won't even buy the gas to get to the store to buy the materials. :wink:

10' of pvc
12 straps
6 caps (I guess on bottom)
24 screws
2 cans of spray paint

I don't know the prices of these, but I'm sure $3 won't cover it.

I don't have any pics, but I did something similar to frogman. Instead of using straps, I drilled thru the pvc about the same location the straps are. The front hole is big enough for the screw head and drill to go thru to reach the back hole that's just big enough for the screw not to crack the pvc. I've only made one so far and it's screwed into my wooden transom. I'm sure it would work fine srewed into the aluminum bench seats. Those are next for me.

MOE said:
10' of pvc
12 straps
6 caps (I guess on bottom)
24 screws
2 cans of spray paint

I don't know the prices of these, but I'm sure $3 won't cover it.

I don't have any pics, but I did something similar to frogman. Instead of using straps, I drilled thru the pvc about the same location the straps are. The front hole is big enough for the screw head and drill to go thru to reach the back hole that's just big enough for the screw not to crack the pvc. I've only made one so far and it's screwed into my wooden transom. I'm sure it would work fine srewed into the aluminum bench seats. Those are next for me.

It adds up quick! I used pvc conduit with the straps, couple cans of paint, stainless carriage bolts and nuts and then I dipped the tops in the rubber coating stuff.
Made 8 of them and now I find that I just use two to store dipnets in because I went to pistol grips that don't fit! LOL

I'm pretty redneck when it comes to this stuff. The one I put in is mainly used for my anchor light which is taped to a closet rod lol. During the day, it gets used of a rod holder or for the dip net.

Quackrstackr said:
100_0003_2-1.jpg

Thats a nice set up. =D> =D> =D>

Not the greatest pic.. but you can get the idea.. I'm using Driftmaster Pro's on my Jon...installed lots of their V-Round bases all around the boat and Bowrail... so I can move them wherever they are needed.. Also have one of the T-bar mounts that i can use to deploy a cluster from a single base.. Rather than messing with trying to bolt them on, I had my buddy weld them in place.. ez, and no rattling..
clamenza11002.jpg

Quackrstackr said:
Whiskers said:
Quackrstackr said:

Thats a nice set up. =D> =D> =D>

Thanks. It's all homemade right down to the actual rod holders as well.

Super nice =D> working in a metals store, I know You didn't get all of that for anyways near $3, not counting the design and labor. It looks like a "Labor of Love" type setup. Really nice job =D> =D>

Latest posts