TinBoats.net Box Pass #6

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
# 1 OK – This is what I pose – I will put a box together (Box# 7) and the first recipients will be Sawdust Farmer then heycookieman and then other 8 Tinboaters that sign up. The pass will not start until we have a full list of 10 members who want to participate. Then off it goes to Sawdust. Let me know if this sounds good and I will start a new post for #7. Oh and if you are signing up just to run off with the box please don’t that crap is getting old.

# 2 It has been discussed about starting a “giveaway box” which I think is a great idea and I say we give it to one of our service men/women (past or present). I say we have people sign up kinda like the monthly giveaways with an “IN” and a photo of themselves in uniform. I know somebody could just fake it but if they do life is a circle and 1 little box is not worth an eternity of hell.

I have two thoughts on how to do it – 1- we pass the box around and everyone adds items (no takes) or 2 – We all mail our items to one person who adds them to the box and sends it to the winner (I would be willing to receive the items and ship the box to the winner) All items received will have a picture taken and posted so the person sending the item knows that his/her gift was received and place in the box. No name will be attached to the photo just a picture of them item. I also say we let anyone that wants to donate do so – I don’t care if I have to send the box via freight. Again let me know your thoughts and I will start a new post with all the details.
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Very good idea Fool, I think since we would be sending you the stuff to pass on to the deserving member, it would make the process that much easier and faster. I am IN for sure.

I with bigwave. If you don't mind receiving the stuff fool4fish. Just let us know where to send it. Thank a vet and watch the smile. Priceless

fool4fish1226 said:
# 1 OK – This is what I pose – I will put a box together (Box# 7) and the first recipients will be Sawdust Farmer then heycookieman and then other 8 Tinboaters that sign up. The pass will not start until we have a full list of 10 members who want to participate. Then off it goes to Sawdust. Let me know if this sounds good and I will start a new post for #7. Oh and if you are signing up just to run off with the box please don’t that crap is getting old.

# 2 It has been discussed about starting a “giveaway box” which I think is a great idea and I say we give it to one of our service men/women (past or present). I say we have people sign up kinda like the monthly giveaways with an “IN” and a photo of themselves in uniform. I know somebody could just fake it but if they do life is a circle and 1 little box is not worth an eternity of hell.

I have two thoughts on how to do it – 1- we pass the box around and everyone adds items (no takes) or 2 – We all mail our items to one person who adds them to the box and sends it to the winner (I would be willing to receive the items and ship the box to the winner) All items received will have a picture taken and posted so the person sending the item knows that his/her gift was received and place in the box. No name will be attached to the photo just a picture of them item. I also say we let anyone that wants to donate do so – I don’t care if I have to send the box via freight. Again let me know your thoughts and I will start a new post with all the details.:

Box #7 I agree lets start it and put Sawdust and Cookieman on the top of the list

#2 - Giveaway Box - I'm all for sending stuff to one location and if foolish wants to handle it that's great, think it would be easier with a central repository. I say fill a flat rate box like we use for the Pass Box and if it fills up and stuff is left start another one, for another person. I'm all for giving it to a military person or his immediate family.

sorry guys, i was out of town when it came and have been hunting, forgot about it :oops: if it makes you feel any better, my boat hasn't been seeing use and is full of leaves right now

i did notice some weird missed calls lately, but nobody left a voicemail, so i didn't know what they were about until now when i read through this thread. also, if anyone actually sent me an email, please let me know what address you emailed (preferably via PM) because I did not get any emails.

anyway- i didn't take anything from the box for myself, but I added a pack each of powerbait 7" power worms, 5" senkos, gamakatsu 5/0 hooks, and 2 packs of 5" gulp swimming mullets - all brand new full packs.

someone put a broken pair of binoculars and a spool of 20 year old monofiliment in there, i took them out to make room and am going to throw them away. the binoculars were pretty surprising to find in the box, they are clearly garbage. you can't see through them at all. there is no way that they were included in the box in good faith.

badnoculars.jpg

the box is on its way to Arkansas now (I PM'd tracking # to the recipient)... once again, I am sorry for the delay :oops:

Well I don't know what to say I thought we lost another box - I am glad the box is moving again - What do we do now fellers? Let me know

fool4fish1226 said:
Well I don't know what to say I thought we lost another box - I am glad the box is moving again - What do we do now fellers? Let me know

BP6 is on the way to SawDust who is active, then on the way to Cookie who is also active. IMO I think we should start up a BP7 Thread ASAP so we don't lose anymore time getting people to sign up.

If it's okay with you since you are kind of taking the lead on this maybe we could start it off with you and divide the box in two, one being donation and the other to be passed. None the less I think BP7 should start rolling with or without a full list.

If you start the thread F4F I'll follow. :mrgreen:

Also, Ph number idea might be worthy. Maybe we should ask for one since some people tend to forget.

sixgun86 said:
fool4fish1226 said:

BP6 is on the way to SawDust who is active, then on the way to Cookie who is also active. IMO I think we should start up a BP7 Thread ASAP so we don't lose anymore time getting people to sign up.

If it's okay with you since you are kind of taking the lead on this maybe we could start it off with you and divide the box in two, one being donation and the other to be passed. None the less I think BP7 should start rolling with or without a full list.

If you start the thread F4F I'll follow. :mrgreen:

Also, Ph number idea might be worthy. Maybe we should ask for one since some people tend to forget.

Box pass #7 post has been started we just may have to remove Sawdust and Cookie from the one and two spots if thats ok with them (lets make sure the box makes it to sawdust first you know the mail can be sometimes) - AND If its ok with Big we can move hime up to #1 and then get the other 9 members to start it off. I am ok with the phone # number thing too

Well it is awesome to see you back on here Acabtp.......I think the spirit of the box well keep going. I would be glad to start the Box 7. When I get home tonight I will get a pile of goodies for the new box....and once someone is below me and sends me their address I will start the box before the list fills if yall want.

bigwave said:
Well it is awesome to see you back on here Acabtp.......I think the spirit of the box well keep going. I would be glad to start the Box 7. When I get home tonight I will get a pile of goodies for the new box....and once someone is below me and sends me their address I will start the box before the list fills if yall want.

Big - We should more you up to the number #1 spot on pass # 7 and heycookieman (last member on pass # 6) will send you the box and we just keep it going like that.

and I am ok with starting the pass before we have all 10 members signed up.

JMO

Fool you can take me off the list for 7 to make room for some else. Thanks. If you have and address for the first person on the list 7 I'll move it on.

Still waiting on the box. USPS tracking showed an expected delivery of Saturday 10/27 (in fact it still lists that as the estimated delivery date :roll: ), but the last status update shows it to be in the sort facility 150 miles away. :shock: I expect it will be here tomorrow!!!

I'll take pics and try to make a quick turn around.

The box was waiting for me when I got home late Monday night. I only had a few minutes to look at it, but from what I could see, everything looked good. I'll take some pictures tonight, make an exchange or two and get it back on the road!!!

I think the phone number for the pass #7 and future passes is a good idea, but I am not real comfortable posting my phone number in a public forum. I looked in the profile and don't really see anyplace it could be put that isn't public. How about if one person collects the phone numbers of those participating?

The box is well on its way to Heycookieman

Here's what it looked like when I received it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352226278.556266.jpg

I took a couple items and added three, and think I "left it a little better than I found it".

sf