TinBoats.net Box Pass #6

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is just me being honest but what if we make a "Swap thread" where we post pictures of what we have and as long as it is the same value we trade stuff?

Seems like a good idea to me!

Sorry I haven't been on much, too busy with my grandfather and my surgery coming up. Any of y'all want to come out to hang with me at north florida hospital? It's gonna be a boring few days and six months of rehab before I can use my tin again.

I'm not having any luck over the phone. Dropped an email. Sorry fella's.

I do however have some donations for the next box. All in favor of starting a new thread for BP7? Start it out with Saw Dust?

You guys would be amazed at what some people would give up for a 50.00 box. Its a shame. I guess 2 flake outs from all that have participated isnt that bad of odds. Im down to donate to the giveaway box.

I'm with Hangeye, Send me an address and I'll help add to the next box. I don't have much but can find a couple of this to help start it.

fool4fish1226 said:
sixgun86 said:
Lets here some ideas on how this should be done, my only thing is - I think it should be a very active member who could really use some help from the Tinboat family

How about if we get a list of candidates and use the random number thing like all the contest here?

Depending on how much stuff we collect maybe we could come up with, maybe we could make more than one box.

While this is a great idea, I see a few issues that I have no answer for. Who is going to volunteer to say "I'm needy"? Even if you come up with a list of people who submit their name (or someone submits for them), privately through a PM, who's going to want their name posted as the recipient of the box? Not trying to quash this, just something to think about.

Popeye said:
While this is a great idea, I see a few issues that I have no answer for. Who is going to volunteer to say "I'm needy"? Even if you come up with a list of people who submit their name (or someone submits for them), privately through a PM, who's going to want their name posted as the recipient of the box? Not trying to quash this, just something to think about.

I was thinking the same thing - how about if we just go with a Vet or current service person - That way nobody is put out and every Vet/current Service person IMO is deserving of a little THANK YOU :USA1:

We could just put a list together and do a random pick

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Or maybe a collection for Cap't Ahab. I read one post where he was listing his current equipment and he seems to be a little short in the boat stuff for flounder. :mrgreen:

Popeye said:
Or maybe a collection for Cap't Ahab. I read one post where he was listing his current equipment and he seems to be a little short in the boat stuff for flounder. :mrgreen:

[-X [-X [-X [-X - :LOL2:

I really dont care who gets the box.....that being said.....IMO needy is a bit harsh, I like the VET idea but lets all think about this. I can say that in my lifetime I have had many ups and downs. There is no shame admitting that....we all have times of need. The random thing is ok, but since this box would be an add only box, I am sure we could figure out a person that deserves the box......without making them feel needy. How bout someone who is a first time boat owner and a vet.....we all started our builds with one thing in mind, a cool tinboat. With all of our trials and mistakes I am confident that we could come up with a kick *** box for someone that really has no clue where to start......best of both worlds. We could also start a new box 7 for those that want to keep the trade box going....hopefully we can keep the spirt of the box going and not have anyone take the dam thing......that is just wrong. If anyone needs something that bad send me a PM and i WILL DO MY BEST TO SEND YOU WHAT YOU NEED ON MY EXPENSE. [-o<

P.S. Even though I have never met any of you guys in person.....I feel like most of you are very decent people. No one is perfect except me........ :beer: :beer: :beer: :USA1: Just kidding guys..

WOW, I fit the bill pretty much all the way:

- 1st time boat owner
- Vet
- Disabled
bigwave said:
someone that really has no clue where to start
- I'm clueless - just ask Ahab (or my wife)

But in all seriousness, I wouldn't want to be considered for the box so don't think I'm trying to "apply" for it.

Just send me a Tinboat's sticker to the hospital so when I wake up I can hold onto it and remember to fight to get better so I can get back on the water. Man it's been too long, I haven't touched my tin in months.

I wonder if they make hospital gowns in mossy oak camo???!!!

Popeye said:
WOW, I fit the bill pretty much all the way:

- 1st time boat owner
- Vet
- Disabled
bigwave said:
someone that really has no clue where to start
- I'm clueless - just ask Ahab (or my wife)

But in all seriousness, I wouldn't want to be considered for the box so don't think I'm trying to "apply" for it.

I never said you were clueless - i SAID YOU WERE STINKY AND DID NOT KNOW PORT FROM LEFT

Buddychrist said:
Just send me a Tinboat's sticker to the hospital so when I wake up I can hold onto it and remember to fight to get better so I can get back on the water. Man it's been too long, I haven't touched my tin in months.

I wonder if they make hospital gowns in mossy oak camo???!!!

Gowns, no - Scrubs, yes. :D

Ok!!!! It's time to move on - Lets get #6 over with - Sawdust and Cookie pm me with some type of wish list (let me know what type of fishing you do) and I will put a box together and send it out to Sawdust who in-turn will send it to Cookie - THE END - then we can start #7 and the give away box :beer:

Well I don't know about sawdust, but I would say just start a new one. Why should you have to put together a box. Don't get my wrong I thinks it's a very nice thing to do. If we all send a thing or two for a new box I think it would work out best. Just my two cents worth. If it's worth any thing.Thanks again fool4fish Oh fool if you didn't get my pm this is my wish list for the box ( new fishfinder, a bigger boat and more fish to catch ) jk

heycookieman said:
Well I don't know about sawdust, but I would say just start a new one. Why should you have to put together a box. Don't get my wrong I thinks it's a very nice thing to do. If we all send a thing or two for a new box I think it would work out best. Just my two cents worth. If it's worth any thing.Thanks again fool4fish Oh fool if you didn't get my pm this is my wish list for the box ( new fishfinder, a bigger boat and more fish to catch ) jk

I am ok with just starting a new box I just hate to see people miss out on their turn - Oh and keep checking your driveway for that new tin should be there in a few days :LOL2:

heycookieman said:

I agree - let's just start #7.

Hey fool4fish- Please PM me your address so I can send you a couple bucks since you are creating a new box. I contributed to this pass so I want to help you out making a new box.. I encourage others to do the same so we can make an awesome box!

JonBoatfever said:
Hey fool4fish- Please PM me your address so I can send you a couple bucks since you are creating a new box. I contributed to this pass so I want to help you out making a new box.. I encourage others to do the same so we can make an awesome box!

Jonboat thanks but read my next post save your items for the "giveaway Box" I have enough stuff to start Box # 7. Let me know what you think.

Latest posts