Tracker Tadpole Mod?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

way2fst4u

Reaction score
I am looking into my 1st tin boat. I've only had a Pelican Bass Raider 10 for the last few years. I found a decent deal on a 14' Tracker Tadpole with a casting deck and 2 pedestals. The decking was not sealed, no seats and the carpet is torn...but my question is about the boat itself. I was told I'd be best to just go get a new boat from Bass Pro like a Topper 14 and start my mod there, but something tells me this tadpole is a lot better base to start with. Can anyone chime in here with any thoughts? I can't find much info at all on the Tadpole 14...

I plan to set it up with a 50lb troller up front and a 4hp Suzuki outboard on the rear. I have the motors already (from my last boat). I'd like to put in a full carpeted floor, and maybe some compartments & lights. We fish a small to medium sized lake and it will more than likely just be docked all season.

It's mainly just my daughter & I fishing, and my wife coming along for the ride...probably using my casting deck for catching a tan and not fish.

My cousins first boat was a tadpole. He had it for years before he decided to buy a bigger boat. It was a good boat, but from what I can remember it was pretty narrow compared to the 1436. How much are they asking for it compared to how much a new topper 14 is?

Latest posts