What BBQ Should I Buy?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I got home and "assembled" the Q on Friday night. Assembly basically consists of sliding the top unit on to the cart. However, this is not as easy as it sounds because the top unit weight 325 lbs. It took four guys, a six pack of tall boys and some bloodied hands to do it! Once I got it assembled we discovered that the Viking takes a larger gas hose than the old Napoleon, due to the large amount of BTU's it draws. So, had to grill the ribeye's at the neighbour's on Friday night.

Saturday morning, called Ontario Gas BBQ first thing to see if they could set me up with the proper sized hose and connections. Not that easy (it never is). Had to have the hose and fittings installed by a licensed gas fitter. Fortunately, they had a guy they could refer me too. Double fortunately, he was able to come that same day. So, he shows up Saturday afternoon and asks me where the new hose is. Well, I don't have the new hose. Apparently one should have come with the grill, but I didn't get one. He doesn't have one in the truck. He has one back at the shop but no time to get it on Saturday. He will try to do the install Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

So, had pasta for dinner saturday night. Hopefully steak tonight......

BaitCaster said:
Well, I bought the Viking yesterday. It's a pretty awseome grill - extremely well built - all stainless steel construction - built in the USA.

Comes with an infrared burner, three stainless steel tube burners and an infrared rotisserie burner. Nice big cooking surface and a really cool smoker box.

Halogen lights under the hood and lighted knobs for night grilling.

Electonic igntition (powered by a 9 volt battery) lights the burners when you turn the knob (no need to push any buttons), like a regular gas range. The burners re-light themselves automatically if blown out by a strong gust of wind.

Heavy duty commercial grade rotisserie is strong enough to cook a turkey.
Congrats !! You should be very pleased with the Viking brand and get many years of good service from that grill. I had a Viking 6 burner gas cook top and a Viking elecrtic double wall oven installed when we remodled the kitchen in '94. Hands down, the best cooktop and ovens I've ever used. I lost the kitchen, along with the house, in the divorce. But my daughter tells me the Viking gear is still going strong no matter how much abuse her mother heaps on it.

Enjoy !!!!