Wild Fires in Alberta, British Columbia

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Stand Up

Hope you and yours are out of harms way!
My family and I are doing well. Thank you very much for asking. The temperatures are extreme and the wildfires are burning. The last few days have been extremely smokey.
I live in a small city near a big metropolis with not a lot of bush around so we should be good and safe.
The temperatures have been too hot to fish or hunt, so this is digging into my outdoor time. Soon the cooler weather will come and I'll be happy again.

Yes it did. 25,000 people evacuated. The fire seems hell bent to destroy the town.
For those who have not been to Jasper, Alberta, check this link. It's a year round outdoor gem.
https://www.jasper.travel/

I’ve been to Jasper and Banff. Very beautiful area. I think it was 2015. It was a year after the flash floods.

The mountains are too high and forests too vast for any kind of fire prevention management.

• First the good news, regarding the wildfire that ravaged Jasper, Alta.: Cooler temperatures and rain have helped lessen the flames, and Parks Canada confirmed late last night that key structures in the Jasper townsite survived. They include the hospital, emergency services building, two schools and the wastewater treatment plant. That alone should nourish the early sense of optimism among local business owners.

• Now for the bad: the devastation wrought over the last few days has been significant, especially on the town's west side. "The destruction and the loss that so many of our residents are facing and feeling defies description and is almost beyond comprehension," said Mayor Richard Ireland. Evacuees in Edmonton and others in Calgary are struggling to comprehend what lies ahead while they wait for the clearance to return. In the meantime, the images alone will be hard to forget.

For the USA folks, there’s an app called watch duty that warns of, and keeps you up to date on fires near you. I just zoomed out on the app and it looks like the west side of the Country is on fire ☹️